2024 3* Duke Transfer LB Dorian Mausi Signs With AU!

Chaotic_zx

Former Duke LB Dorian Mausi signs with Auburn

Mausi was productive all four years during his time at Duke.

Fresh off his official visit, Dorian Mausi has signed with Auburn, head coach Hugh Freeze announced on Wednesday. A productive linebacker in the Duke defense since the 2020 season, Mausi has one year of eligibility remaining.

Auburn was focused on adding one true middle linebacker to its defense through the transfer portal, and 6-foot-2, 233-pound Detroit (Mich.) native was the choice for Auburn linebackers coach Josh Aldridge. In his career, Mausi totaled 193 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks, with four pass breakups, an interception and a forced fumble. 

On the current roster, Eugene Asante recently announced his return to the linebacker room, with Austin Keys and Cam Riley also expected back. Robert Woodyard remains on the roster, with two freshmen incoming in Demarcus Riddick and D'Angelo Barber.

image.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

For real? Is it academics?

It's a joke.  The day a Duke player doesn't qualify at an SEC school (Vandy exception) there's something seriously wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, tinman1 said:

It's a joke.  The day a Duke player doesn't qualify at an SEC school (Vandy exception) there's something seriously wrong.

Flew right over my head but my brain's fried from recruiting news all day. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

For real? Is it academics?

Hilarious. You goobers fall for this ever time I post the same ridiculous statement lol. 

yes it’s academics lol

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

LB room appears to be in pretty good shape.  

Understated! It’s awesome 😎 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I remember correctly….😬

Asante is a beast!   Keyes is pretty good.   Riley is a decent backup.   Woodyard has been MIA so far.  He came in with a good bit of potential, but we haven’t seen it yet.  
Then our incoming FR - Riddick will be an absolute weapon!!!   Probably will get a good bit of playing time next year!   Philips is also one with a ton of potential.  I like those guys a lot!!!  

Transfer - Mausi was a productive LB for Duke, so we expect him to come in and contribute day 1.  

So, including the incoming guys, I’d say we’ll have a solid 3 deep.  

hopefully I’m not forgetting anyone.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Asante is a beast!   Keyes is pretty good.   Riley is a decent backup.   Woodyard has been MIA so far.  He came in with a good bit of potential, but we haven’t seen it yet.  
Then our incoming FR - Riddick will be an absolute weapon!!!   Probably will get a good bit of playing time next year!   Philips is also one with a ton of potential.  I like those guys a lot!!!  

Transfer - Mausi was a productive LB for Duke, so we expect him to come in and contribute day 1.  

Not gonna lie - I’m really disappointed that we didn’t get either of the 5* LB transfers from UGA. How do we lose out to Arkansas and Kentucky?

Just now, CameronCrazy said:

Not gonna lie - I’m really disappointed that we didn’t get either of the 5* LB transfers from UGA. How do we lose out to Arkansas and Kentucky?

Probably figured we were good wo spending all that NIL.

41 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Probably figured we were good wo spending all that NIL.

Yes!   We got outbid because we weren’t as desperate as those 2.  

Which I hope will eventually be good for college football.   If talent gets spread around more then hopefully it will make things more interesting.  

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 3* Duke Transfer LB Dorian Mausi Signs With AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

Does anyone know if Dorian will be playing in the Birmingham Bowl against Troy on Saturday? I am going to this game and will watch for him if he is.

On 12/20/2023 at 4:17 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

LB room is/will be one of the deepest rooms on the roster next season. 

PS. Don't sleep on DJ Barber. This guy will be a star at AU when said and done. Most underrated player in the class on D with maybe the exception of Malik Blockton ( Bryce Cain on O)

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 4:17 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

I have a feeling Woodyard maybe ready to shine. Rember 1st year he was recovering from injury in HS then he learned our D last year.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2023 at 6:37 AM, AUpreacherman22 said:

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I knew I forgot someone!!!   You’re right!  I like DJ a lot!

DJ is a more athletic Deshaun Davis IMO. He is very physical. Built for that MLB spot. A head hunter. Has great eyes. HE is faster than DD but he is very similar IMO. Also, an underrated, locker room kid that you want on your team. He will be a starter for us one day. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic