Men vs LSU Game Thread

On 1/14/2024 at 12:16 AM, GwillMac6 said:

I mean Denver Jones has been an incredible defender this season for us.

Yes and we need to get him going offensively. He could be the difference in a good run or a great run in my opinion.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Yes and we need to get him going offensively. He could be the difference in a good run or a great run in my opinion.

We just have so many mouths to feed and he is the one sacrificing the most offensively.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We just have so many mouths to feed and he is the one sacrificing the most offensively.

He's getting the ball to the basket but having trouble finishing when he gets there.  

He's been excellent on defense. 

I am most frustrated with Denver and Lior missing the wide open three when they get it.  Those guys were supposed to be sharpshooters when getting an open setup three. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

He's getting the ball to the basket but having trouble finishing when he gets there.  

He's been excellent on defense. 

I am most frustrated with Denver and Lior missing the wide open three when they get it.  Those guys were supposed to be sharpshooters when getting an open setup three. 

Finishing in traffic is just not something a lot of college players can do.  Biggest difference in college and pro. Denver also  can’t get in to a rhythm because of the low shot attempts and low minutes. A huge change from his situation last year at fiu. He is playing sensational salty defense though and is hanging his hat on that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Finishing in traffic is just not something a lot of college players can do.  Biggest difference in college and pro. Denver also  can’t get in to a rhythm because of the low shot attempts and low minutes. A huge change from his situation last year at fiu. He is playing sensational salty defense though and is hanging his hat on that.

I’ve been impressed how he’s picked up and played Cbp version of D.  He’s gotten to the basket better than I thought but just can’t seem to get it in the hole when there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

I’ve been impressed how he’s picked up and played Cbp version of D.  He’s gotten to the basket better than I thought but just can’t seem to get it in the hole when there.

Majority of the time he ends up with a bad angle (like under the rim when trying to go up with it LOL).  But you can tell he's a baller if he gets hot.

• Like 1