Cam speaks out on $180k accusations, Mullen, etc

Damn we should be thankful for Cam’s dad. Cam said he didn’t even pick Auburn, his dad did and Cam just went with his decision. Also us having 22 upcoming seniors was a big decision for him picking Auburn 

11 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Damn we should be thankful for Cam’s dad. Cam said he didn’t even pick Auburn, his dad did and Cam just went with his decision. Also us having 22 upcoming seniors was a big decision for him picking Auburn 

Such an awesome thing to come out and say about a school who you were worshipped at that literally erected a statue of you. Why even say that even if it was true. 

Dan Mullen was behind it all...Something we all knew at the time. 
Im glad Cam made it official 

Thamel and Hurt were the recipients.. Bammers are still HURTING 😆

• Like 3

Great air clearing story and I am glad I got to hear those missing pieces from Cam of why they chose AU. If you didn't know now you know.....Dan Mullen needs to "Be A Man" and apologize to the Newton family, AU and the sports world.

• Like 2

Alleged 180k is jack s*** now. Imagine what he really could’ve gotten during this day and age. 

• Like 1

I love this. 

“Coach Chizik claimed we got 180 k for me to go to Auburn. My mom and I just looked at each other and laughed.”

Dan Mullen can suck a bag of d***s. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This interview just keeps getting better as I listen farther in. Apparently Cecil never considered an MSU offer. He took the hit because the investigation was taking a toll on Cam. He figured by saying he’d talked with someone at MSU, the investigation would end. I hate the NCAA even more now. And the Mullen family are the spawn of Satan.

• Like 1

This begs the question, though. Why didn’t he “out” Mullen immediately? Am I missing something here?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jluvah said:

This begs the question, though. Why didn’t he “out” Mullen immediately? Am I missing something here?

I mean… I was at Auburn when this happened. The night the story broke, folks around campus were saying Mullen was behind it. 

5 hours ago, cbo said:

That's what you got from this interview?

Cam brought a national championship to Auburn. He came back and graduated while he was in the NFL. He's allowed to tell his story, which says nothing bad about Auburn.

He’s definitely allowed to tell his story. But I don’t understand the value in telling the world, you didn’t even want to go to Auburn. Seems like the kind of thing that could be omitted in the story. 

• Facepalm 1

this was a good interview.  That being said he got some facts wrong, he said it was around the South Carolina game the story broke.  It was before the Georgia game.  He said he had to play the LSU game etc. with this hanging over him.  Unless Maybe Chizik heard it was coming and it was kept quiet for 4-5 weeks?   Also he indicated he was ineligible for a game and missed a game, I know we declared him ineligible before the Georgia game and I think the NCAA made him eligible immediately due to the fact it was his dad that took the money.    I don't think he missed a game though.

More curious if I am remembering the events correctly or not?

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

He’s definitely allowed to tell his story. But I don’t understand the value in telling the world, you didn’t even want to go to Auburn. Seems like the kind of thing that could be omitted in the story. 

He never said he didn’t want to go to Auburn, he just asked for his fathers opinion and his dad wrote down on a piece of paper that said “Auburn” and Cam went with that decision 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Such an awesome thing to come out and say about a school who you were worshipped at that literally erected a statue of you. Why even say that even if it was true. 

What?!?!.... Actually nevermind I forgot.... This is wow....

10 hours ago, jluvah said:

People were, but we know if he tries to defend himself his stock drops. He would be a problem child, doesn't know his place, all of that

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, steve99 said:

this was a good interview.  That being said he got some facts wrong, he said it was around the South Carolina game the story broke.  It was before the Georgia game.  He said he had to play the LSU game etc. with this hanging over him.  Unless Maybe Chizik heard it was coming and it was kept quiet for 4-5 weeks?   Also he indicated he was ineligible for a game and missed a game, I know we declared him ineligible before the Georgia game and I think the NCAA made him eligible immediately due to the fact it was his dad that took the money.    I don't think he missed a game though.

More curious if I am remembering the events correctly or not?

It's all a blur but I do remember when the story broke right before the Georgia game it was reported that the sec had already been investigating or at least aware of it for a "couple months". I assume the SEC office would have told Chizik right away. 

I also thought Cam said he was suspended for one day not one game but I skipped around a little and might have missed parts.

10 hours ago, jluvah said:

I’m guessing he didn’t really want to bother with turning it into a circus  with everybody pointing fingers at each other, though it was slowly starting to become that after the first story broke.

plus it wouldn’t have looked good on Cam while playing at Auburn to say “coach so and so at this place is trying to get me in trouble “ troll reporters were looking for every dirt piece on cam At the time and him accusing Mullen would’ve just added more fuel to the fire

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ertrader said:

It's all a blur but I do remember when the story broke right before the Georgia game it was reported that the sec had already been investigating or at least aware of it for a "couple months". I assume the SEC office would have told Chizik right away. 

I also thought Cam said he was suspended for one day not one game but I skipped around a little and might have missed parts.

it was right after we had pounded ole miss on Halloween weekend we were scheduled for a cupcake matchup with Chattanooga on the following weekend and the news on this broke midweek leasing up to the Chattanooga game 

I remember Chizik sounding pissed questioning why somebody decided to come out with it in the open that late I. The season 

Very cool interview. What he described is pretty well what my mind had mapped out. Dad took the hit to move on.

As to why they didn’t “out” the source at the time? I think Cam’s dad knew what the right route was. Taking off the O/B glasses, I would imagine most football fans thought we were guilty of paying him through the lense of their own biases or media driven angles. It’s best to take that grenade and move on knowing the truth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

People were, but we know if he tries to defend himself his stock drops. He would be a problem child, doesn't know his place, all of that

Yeah there’s no way Cam in 2010, with the reputation the SEC, Alabama, Florida, general college media, imparted on him, would’ve won that battle. This is a guy who gets hated on even when he does and says nothing; cant imagine how that would’ve gone 

• Like 1

Dan Mullen is a whiny bi**h who proved he can’t recruit worth a crap at Florida.  How could any head coach worth anything go to Florida with all their resources and fall flat on his face?  Auburn hates him he lied about Cam and tried to derail our undefeated season and run toward the NC.  MSU hates him he left them for the “big time” at Florida.  Florida hates him he ran their program into a ditch they have had a very hard time getting out of.  When he was OC at Florida he had Tebow.  When he was HC and OC at MSU he had Dak.  Otherwise he’s never done crap.  

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

He never said he didn’t want to go to Auburn, he just asked for his fathers opinion and his dad wrote down on a piece of paper that said “Auburn” and Cam went with that decision 

That’s fair. I admittedly reacted before I fully understood what your original take meant. My mistake. 

I went back and listened to the context surrounding the thing with his dad choosing.  Begrudgingly, because Shannon Sharpe bugs me. All I can think is that it makes it sound like his father chose Auburn and that decision was due to outside influences. I honestly still don’t understand the value in admitting that. Maybe I’m missing some deeper reasoning here. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1