2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

One more time drop the Evans talk. Good grief......................

Didn't I see this several posts back? Why yes, I did. It appears that some amongst us only comprehend what they choose to comprehend.

Probably answered at some point before Evansgate, but does Davis have an official scheduled during the season?

I'm thinking he is visiting the Iron Bowl for sure. Not sure if that will be his official.

Davis or Evans?

I kid, I kid.

If Davis is rooting for us during the Iron bowl, then you know that our chances dropped from 5% to 3%.

Do you think before the iron bowl there's video playing on the giant screen of the kick 6 AND so and so running around celebrating? Or was that uga game

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we have had players to sign with us right in the middle of bammer territory. I think Courtney Taylor was one about 8 or so years ago.

• 2 months later...

Just reading a little bit on his recruitment. Sure he has alabama ties, but he has handled everything with professionalism. The more visits the better. Can't hurt

Of course it's good news! Some kids would just take the OV to see their beloved tahd play. This tell us that he's at least interested enough to come twice more.

Of course it's good news! Some kids would just take the OV to see their beloved tahd play. This tell us that he's at least interested enough to come twice more.

Or possibly walk across the field to visit the other team on an unofficial as opposed to official?

Everything I have read and heard about this young man is that he is a class act. While the odds are that he will choose the Tide because of his family ties he would not use the iron Bowl as a way to try and show Auburn up. His Dad has been very honest and up front he has made it clear that he would love to see his son go to his Alma Mater but that he would support him if he went someplace else.

While the odds are very low the fact that we will get the Iron Bowl visit and another after gives me some hope. I am hoping he sees how many quality Linebackers bama currently has and the chance for early PT at Auburn and it helps us and gives us a small chance as he is the type of player we could really use.

Either way to this point I can only compliment him on how professionally he has handled his recruitment.

Well I sure hope he isn't at the Iron Bowl recruiting for Bama then; because I think he is all Bama.. I could be wrong though.

WAR EAGLE!!!

This kid is not like that... quit with all this nonsense.

Or possibly walk across the field to visit the other team on an unofficial as opposed to official?

If that was his intention he could do it on an official visit just as well as the unofficial, and spend our money instead of his own.

I know some of the kids on the Bayside team that beat his Gordo team last weekend. They were saying he wasn't very impressive and seemed soft with a low motor and took a lot of plays off. Also, a kid that has played against Lyndell Wilson said he didn't think he was that great either. But that same kid also wasn't very impressed with Tre Threat, so maybe he is just negative haha. Not knocking the kids at all and would still probably love to get all of them, but that's just what they were saying.

Ben doesn't seem like the type to be recruiting for Bama during his visits to Auburn. I'm okay with him coming to Auburn because I think he is genuinely interested even if it's inevitable he will end up at Bama.

Ben doesn't seem like the type to be recruiting for Bama during his visits to Auburn. I'm okay with him coming to Auburn because I think he is genuinely interested even if it's inevitable he will end up at Bama.

He's not. Very good kid from what I'm told.

So then, with him choosing to take an unofficial visit, as well as an official later on, do we REALLY have a legit shot with Davis?

I saw he sent a congratulations tweet to Kyle Davis with a War Eagle. Sounds like a nice kid.

i live a short distance from gordo and know several folks that know him and his family....nothing but good things about them.....

With the changes that may be taking place in Tuscaloosa, he is wise to keep his options open. I think, as someone posted earlier, it is 50/50 with us and bama. He is going to go where he feels the most comfortable and right now he and his mom are most comfortable at Auburn. His dad is also open to him playing at AU.

If Auburn signs him, then it would be a huge surprise. A wise poster once said, "Follow the visits and not what a recruit says!" The kid is in Turdtown almost every other weekend.

If anyone can flip him, it is Muschamp and Thompson. Still, I would put our odds at 5%.

With the changes that may be taking place in Tuscaloosa, he is wise to keep his options open. I think, as someone posted earlier, it is 50/50 with us and bama. He is going to go where he feels the most comfortable and right now he and his mom are most comfortable at Auburn. His dad is also open to him playing at AU.

What changes do you think is happening in T Town?

Possibility of Smart to USCe

Possibility of Smart to USCe

Kiffin gone. Cristobal gone. Saban too (if he wins the MNC).

Archived