New QB Spring Leaders

bikeriderga

Why every time we talk you are so defensive? I saw all his highlights when we signed him and I never questioned his arm strength, I wonder about hos down field accuracy in college. But I asked you a question so I figured you'd answer it but you posted this so that's why I was confused.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you also post the number of attempts and completions with your percentages? The coaching staff says lots of things but it's not just getting the ball downfield it's getting down field when you don't get to step all the way in your throw, or having to make the throw right after you were crushed or making it in the fourth after a decent pick up and you're winded, or maybe even making it and the wind against you.....He's only played a few games can't really say one way or the other as far as his arm strength, I'm more talking accuracy though, at least down field

Well you bothered to post the other numbers and I didn't ask....I can't know where you're pulling your numbers that's why I asked because it may show my point or it may not. And it seems like you already had a conclusion as well as far as SW but you still made your point but if you don't want to that's cool.

Didn't say he was a bad qb, I said I thought his down field passing was the weakest part of his game. I see you're a big fan of his do I guess you didn't like that I said it. I don't really count his height as part of his game just going off what I saw last year that's what I thought was the weakest part.

I think SW did good when he played but I also think he was able to avoid all the teams that really mattered that could be a barometer to how good he really was, if he can play good against everybody I look forward to seeing him play.

I also think he's over hyped a bit, that doesn't mean I think he's bad so don't bite my head off, I just can't help but to think if he was as amazing as many on here hype him to be then why is this even a race and JJ is so horrible as we say? Seems like that would be an easy win but I guess we'll see

Why every time we talk you are so defensive? I saw all his highlights when we signed him and I never questioned his arm strength, I wonder about hos down field accuracy in college. But I asked you a question so I figured you'd answer it but you posted this so that's why I was confused.

Because I guess if you haven't noticed or not disagreeing with you isn't just you there will certainly be more to deal with, but maybe you haven't....And me saying oh I know I disagreed with stat....I don't even see how that upset you and I'm not even talking to you....what did you take offense to? I understand that I said your name but drag your name into my comments? You act as if I insulted you or something. But I questioned you being defensive because I don't see what you would be offended about, it's almost as if once you post you don't think it should be replied to. And yeah I'm sure I can be sarcastic and I have my faults but let's not pretend you're not stubborn yourself...You like to prove your point as much as anybody

I know there are a lot of topics related to QB Position and Spring leaders. However, they seemed to be individually titled or related to a scrimmage and not particularly position related.

Mods, if you think there is an existing thread that works better feel free to move this topic thread here.

Many have stated that Jeremy Johnson has been leading in the overall competition.

Others have stated that it is JF III's to lose.

However, the AL.com beat writers seem to have a different take.

Quote:

Based on hints dropped here and there by Malzahn and other reports that have emerged from Auburn, it appears White is currently in the lead for the starting nod. However, Franklin is still in contention and will have some role as a quarterback this fall.

Unquote

Oh by the way I asked Marcello about this and he wrote back he hadn't heard that and he's on ground at AU and that guy who wrote that is not. So I guess TIFWIW

I guess some folks just won't like Sean White because...well...he is....never mind...

Oh yep that's it. I said he had a weakest part of his game instead of saying there is no weakest everything is the strongest!!! And I did because he's White!! So forget what I said about Braden Smith I forgot he's White lol. And oh man what does it mean for everybody who says JJ sucks! It's not the int's it must be....Nevermind

As an objective passer by, cole you just seem angry lately. I don't think you're a bad dude, just mad.

Stat posted pretty surprising data. I shared the same opinion cole had about the long ball........and I think I understand the disconnect. I don't think we're going to see SW roll out and hit a receiver at 70 yds off his front foot (I.e. NM). But I think SW does a great job of hitting receivers in space and anticipating the location of the field they are headed toward. That ability makes him a talented qb and inflates his downfield success to a degree.

Just my barely educated thoughts......

Well you bothered to post the other numbers and I didn't ask....I can't know where you're pulling your numbers that's why I asked because it may show my point or it may not. And it seems like you already had a conclusion as well as far as SW but you still made your point but if you don't want to that's cool.

Didn't say he was a bad qb, I said I thought his down field passing was the weakest part of his game. I see you're a big fan of his do I guess you didn't like that I said it. I don't really count his height as part of his game just going off what I saw last year that's what I thought was the weakest part.

I think SW did good when he played but I also think he was able to avoid all the teams that really mattered that could be a barometer to how good he really was, if he can play good against everybody I look forward to seeing him play.

I also think he's over hyped a bit, that doesn't mean I think he's bad so don't bite my head off, I just can't help but to think if he was as amazing as many on here hype him to be then why is this even a race and JJ is so horrible as we say? Seems like that would be an easy win but I guess we'll see

You can look at it like that...or you can see that I just clarified myself and said well I guess vertical passing can be subjective and that SAME reply before you posted anything else I mentioned against who the games were and how many games was played. Then you brought different stats so I reiterated what I originally said....But if we disagree what do you expect? What is a debate? You tell me why you think you're right, I tell you why I think I'm right. You want it to be I say something you correct me then I shut up because you corrected me....But your trend thing wasn't correct and once again I can't see these numbers you're pulling up so I asked because it could possibly make my point but I think my free throw example showed where I was coming from. But clearly I rubbed you the wrong way when I said stat so ok. I agree to disagree

As an objective passer by, cole you just seem angry lately. I don't think you're a bad dude, just mad.

Stat posted pretty surprising data. I shared the same opinion cole had about the long ball........and I think I understand the disconnect. I don't think we're going to see SW roll out and hit a receiver at 70 yds off his front foot (I.e. NM). But I think SW does a great job of hitting receivers in space and anticipating the location of the field they are headed toward. That ability makes him a talented qb and inflates his downfield success to a degree.

Just my barely educated thoughts......

You may catch me replying to a person I have history with if you say I seem mad lately. But with stat I don't and if you just read this thread and this one only I think you'd be able to see I'm not mad at all. I love the music city btw, one of my favorite places

But if we disagree what do you expect? What is a debate? You tell me why you think you're right, I tell you why I think I'm right. You want it to be I say something you correct me then I shut up because you corrected me....But your trend thing wasn't correct and once again I can't see these numbers you're pulling up so I asked because it could possibly make my point but I think my free throw example showed where I was coming from. But clearly I rubbed you the wrong way when I said stat so ok. I agree to disagree

Stat...you can't make everyone "happy". Just keep bringing it. Appreciate your viewpoint with statistics in mind.

I know there are a lot of topics related to QB Position and Spring leaders. However, they seemed to be individually titled or related to a scrimmage and not particularly position related.

Mods, if you think there is an existing thread that works better feel free to move this topic thread here.

Many have stated that Jeremy Johnson has been leading in the overall competition.

Quote:

Based on hints dropped here and there by Malzahn and other reports that have emerged from Auburn, it appears White is currently in the lead for the starting nod. However, Franklin is still in contention and will have some role as a quarterback this fall.

Unquote

Oh by the way I asked Marcello about this and he wrote back he hadn't heard that and he's on ground at AU and that guy who wrote that is not. So I guess TIFWIW

Just another guestimation. That is why I mentioned the other predictions/reports as well.

At this point, no one but the coaches know for sure.

Give it up. Everyone knows Cole is not a SW cheerleader so no need to keep arguing. Either SW will win the starting job or not...I'll support whoever wins it....and I hope it's SW.

But if we disagree what do you expect? What is a debate? You tell me why you think you're right, I tell you why I think I'm right. You want it to be I say something you correct me then I shut up because you corrected me....But your trend thing wasn't correct and once again I can't see these numbers you're pulling up so I asked because it could possibly make my point but I think my free throw example showed where I was coming from. But clearly I rubbed you the wrong way when I said stat so ok. I agree to disagree

Yes it includes the weak opponents but white doesn't have any strong opponents, and here you go again saying that I clarified myself you replied and I clarified myself again when I did not, I clarified everything in the my first post and then after you posted I asked for your numbers and for whatever reason you don't want to give those. It sounds better the way you say it though. And as you can see here are a few posts for saying anything to you besides thanks stat! Like I mentioned earlier as well, by time 9 a.m.hit it will be full throttle.

And I'm not even hating, you pay the cost to be the boss, you definitely put time into this and deserve your following. And lol yes I guess both our points is what it is. My last post was trying to let it go and say let's agree to disagree.....clearly you're not having that though. I'm typing and you have to assume my point but when you typed all you were doing was making yours....well no it's not just strength of schedule it's number of games played as well. That's where the "free throw" example could make sense. But maybe it wouldn't which is why I asked you about the attempts that you say what's the point too

So I guess one more time if you feel that comparing the games and teams white has faced so far is an equal ratio to comparing ALL games Cox, Craig, leard, nix, cam, and Marshall played in their careers then more power to you as well! I guess we can agree to disagree

IMO there's nothing to be angry about though

Quote:

Unquote

Just another guestimation. That is why I mentioned the other predictions/reports as well.

At this point, no one but the coaches know for sure.

I just thought it was cool that I asked him and he actually replied so I figured I'd just post what he said. It could be a sign he had some animosity with the AL.com people or maybe just how he feels, either way I thought it was interesting

Weakest part of SW game is his vertical passing. But I think it's safe that everybody knows who are the guys who agree with SW.....

Of the 31 Auburn QB's to attempt at least 100 paases during a season from 1992-2015, Sean White had the 5th best ratio for producing pass plays of 15-yds or more. Nick Marshall in 2013 was #19 on the list.

Are there stats for 25+ or 30+ passes? Is there any way to count just passes and not have YAC taken into account (stats I see always include YAC)?

SW may very well be a good deep passer, but the way the ball leaves his hand does not instill confidence in me, NM didn't either, but for different reasons.

It's been awhile so maybe I am thinking of injured/post-surgery SW. But his deep passes seemed to hang in the air more than I'd like.

I want one of our QB's to take a large leap forward and become "The Guy". Do I think this will happen. Probably not. Do I care which one makes this move. No. Frankly, once every one of these kids signs with AU, I am pulling for all of them. I want them all to have success. I know that won't be the case, but... I think all of our QB's have playing issues and none have proven that they can play at a high level for a full season.

I enjoy all the opinions and everyone is entitled to an opinion, I think we all want success for AU.

I just have this gut feeling like it is JF3's to lose. I like both SW and JF3 so really whoever gives AU the best chance to win and succeed is alright by me.

Let me just point out that the article from AL.com was from a writer that has been known to make stuff up and he definitely is no friend to AU. Most of AL.coms reporters are worthless and don't do their homework nor do they have any inside information, so they just throw it out there and unfortunately there are folks that use anything written to justify their point of view. Truth is all of these guys are probably better than the guy that uat will start, problem is that the rest of the team needs to jell and coaches need to create a good game plan, to be sucessful. AU fans need to be patient and root for whoever the coaches decide on. And mostly AU fans need to quit poor mouthing our players. If you want to do that then please go root for uat, you will fit in there perfectly. WDE

Let me just point out that the article from AL.com was from a writer that has been known to make stuff up and he definitely is no friend to AU. Most of AL.coms reporters are worthless and don't do their homework nor do they have any inside information, so they just throw it out there and unfortunately there are folks that use anything written to justify their point of view. Truth is all of these guys are probably better than the guy that uat will start, problem is that the rest of the team needs to jell and coaches need to create a good game plan, to be sucessful. AU fans need to be patient and root for whoever the coaches decide on. And mostly AU fans need to quit poor mouthing our players. If you want to do that then please go root for uat, you will fit in there perfectly. WDE

What does Alabama have to do with any of this?

Also, let me say that I am rooting for JF3 to mature and become more consistent. Why? Because I believe this offense is very dangerous with a true DT-QB at the helm. I also believe the stats back this notion up. I know you guys can't wait to pile on the pocket passer mantra, but stats are stats and at AU, we been to two NCs in my lifetime with a DT-QB running the offense. If it isn't broken, then no need to fix it. Now, that doesn't mean just throw anybody back there with speed. JF3 has to prove that turnovers will be limited, he is efficient passing on short yardage plays and when the play action pass is available, he can hit on those.

Archived