2017 5* OT Calvin Ashley Transfers from AU

RunInRed

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Why do you think Calvin would post "I'm 110% committed" and "#WDE", half an hour ago, if he was even considering Maryland?

I had not seen that article at the time. I read and reread.  Sounds like case closed to me. 

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I am 110% committed! Always have been and always will be!!! #WDE3:32 PM · Jan 5, 2017

This made me feel 13 again, like when you work it out with your girlfriend. I have just switched from teen girls to teen boys. Ouch

2 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

This made me feel 13 again, like when you work it out with your girlfriend. I have just switched from teen girls to teen boys. Ouch

Hmmm. That sounds a bit pedophilistic (I know, not a real word).

19 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Something tells me this drama is far from over. I kind of echo WDE's concerns about Ashley's commitment. His commitment may stick today, but what about tomorrow....or NSD?

I like to fall on the side of not questioning the honesty of a kid who has shown nothing more than being of solid character.  This really reminds me of Carl Lawson's recruitment. He was quiet, but when he spoke he reaffirmed his commitment. Still, a group of posters on here freaked out about him until the fax cam in.

If Calvin says he's 110% committed, that's good enough for me. I will not question the integrity of his statement.

I think Calvin's tweet ends this drama.  Had he wanted to decommit, you don't purposely tweet out that you are "110% committed and always will be. WDE"

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think Calvin's tweet ends this drama.  Had he wanted to decommit, you don't purposely tweet out that you are "110% committed and always will be. WDE"

Yeah, but... ;)

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Until their bag man ( probably an employee from UA) comes in and trumps our offer. ???

12 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Until their bag man ( probably an employee from UA) comes in and trumps our offer. ???

That's why I did not want him to leave central Fl I am only 15 minutes away from Dr. Phillips

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I am 110% committed! Always have been and always will be!!! #WDE3:32 PM · Jan 5, 2017

Kounjo and Peaches say, "if you have followed Auburn recruiting closely, you know you don't relax until you see the signed fax come in."  If you start stressing this early, you ain't gonna make it til NSD.  And I didn't realize Ashley was white...lol.

There are a handful of recruits who, in my opinion, are must gets. IMO they are Stidham, (already in the fold), Moultry, Britt, and Ashley. I am certainly glad Ashley is amping up his enthusiasm for the Tigers.:bananadance:

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

This staff's inability to land an elite tackle is getting similar to it's inability to land top linebackers a few years ago.  We're raking in the guards and project players, but can't seem to land a McNeil/Robinson/Ziemba.

Heck we didn't even recruit 5* legacy Jonah Williams hard in 2016. He's now the starting RT for Bama.

5 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Eff those Maryland insiders. That's my hot take. 

Or put another way...

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Unless you are Yeldon who did all but tweet it.

33 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Heck we didn't even recruit 5* legacy Jonah Williams hard in 2016. He's now the starting RT for Bama.

.......................... gah do not remind me. Gus slow playing guys is hard to watch. I thought it was common knowledge your only supposed to slow plays the lesser talented guys.

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

That's why I did not want him to leave central Fl I am only 15 minutes away from Dr. Phillips

So you're the guy that let him get away...

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm still chapped about that one. There must have been something there that we (or at least I) didn't know.  Ivey was always a Gator fan, even though AU fought the good fight in that one.

3 hours ago, autan said:

I'm still chapped about that one. There must have been something there that we (or at least I) didn't know.  Ivey was always a Gator fan, even though AU fought the good fight in that one.

It's when Gus knew Grimes was not up to recruiting the way he wanted for the SEC level anymore. Everything he had gone through physically made it tough for him to get out and recruit with the energy & gusto needed in the SEC.

If Cincy had to come in JB was going to be asked to move to an off field position.

Even KN is saying that this isn't over.  Ashley going on Twitter doesn't really settle anything.  Too much consistent smoke appearing and then settling.

"Where there's smoke, there's fire" That quote is from several dozen media types hoping to see AU and Cam Newton go down in a blaze of scandal back in 2010. It turned out there was no fire. There probably isn't one this time either.

The REC has probably offered his family whatever amount for Ashley to flip to Maryland, apparently to no effect. Could a flip happen? Yes. Likely to happen? Not at all.

51 minutes ago, Mikey said:

"Where there's smoke, there's fire" That quote is from several dozen media types hoping to see AU and Cam Newton go down in a blaze of scandal back in 2010. It turned out there was no fire. There probably isn't one this time either.

The REC has probably offered his family whatever amount for Ashley to flip to Maryland, apparently to no effect. Could a flip happen? Yes. Likely to happen? Not at all.

I hope you are right.

Yes, the REC is offering him money to flip to Maryland.  Makes sense.  Why wouldn't they just tell him to flip to Alabama if that were the case? Its the Holiday season and they're in the giving mood? Trying to spread the love out to the Big Ten? 

There is obviously real pull from Maryland for him to go there.  This isn't the first time he's gone to Twitter to state just how committed he is; so the fact that he's done this AGAIN doesn't all of a sudden close the book on this whole ordeal.  He's obviously telling every side all they want to hear, which isn't new at all in the recruiting world.

Archived