Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I like this. The pink DeLorean hovercraft is just a bonus.

"Hovercraft."

"Weirder."

"Pink hovercraft?"

"Weirder."

"Pink DeLorean hovercraft?!"

"Lights camera action, mother****er."

• Haha 1

Just incredibly lush and gorgeous. Gotta love when one of the most accomplished producers in music records his own stuff. Highly recommend his interview on WTF. Super nice guy and great music geek content.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I have been on the new music struggle bus lately. Big time. Thank for posting this music, y’all. It’s giving me some reprieve.

I hear ya. I'm there, also. I almost feel like there's no context to anything after the last year and it's just hard to connect with new music emotionally. But that's just throwing pasta at the wall. 

I just recently got turned on to Coriky, though. I'll see if I can dig up a couple good tunes. Don't know if anyone here will like them or not. They make me think Foo Fighters meets Violent Femmes meets Mountain Goats.

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

FFCC9EE2-4FCF-4A26-9C31-5ED510CCC4E7.jpeg

F95DDD2B-237B-4B12-B60B-E74CC61F713F.png

The bottom left picture was my background picture here at one time. 

• Love 1

Chick Corea :(

I can't pretend to be a student of his catalog, but this dude's name has shown up soooooooo much in my various explorations of great jazz music. Giant. Legend. 

• Sad 1

If you like Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit...

Go to Apple Music, Spotify or whatever music service you use and pre-add Morgan Wade's album "Reckless" to your library. Three songs on it are available to play now. It was produced by the 400 Unit guitarist Sadler Vaden. 

Check out some of the "Our Vinyl Sessions" songs she did last year while you're at it. Thank me later.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If you like Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit...

Go to Apple Music, Spotify or whatever music service you use and pre-add Morgan Wade's album "Reckless" to your library. Three songs on it are available to play now. It was produced by the 400 Unit guitarist Sadler Vaden. 

Check out some of the "Our Vinyl Sessions" songs she did last year while you're at it. Thank me later.

First result on youtube. Listening now. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 12:53 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Not quite sure how I tumbled down a YouTube rabbit hole to land on this. It’s so weird, but it’s actually good.  🥦 🥦🥦

Dude, this whole session is dope. Some singer friends from NYC turned us on to it. Hall's voice is still incredible.

• Like 1

We are closing on our house on Wednesday. 

Need house cleaning tunes suggestions. 

Really don’t know what the first song to spin in the house will be. I feel like it needs to be perfect because I’ll likely remember it forever. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Really don’t know what the first song to spin in the house will be. I feel like it needs to be perfect because I’ll likely remember it forever. 

Man that’s awesome! Congrats again to y’all!

I don’t feel like any of my suggestions will be adequate or appropriate. However, I’ll work on a list today.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I find 80s pop to be good for house cleaning, or anything upbeat, positive and mindless. Tame Impala doesn't exactly fit that bill but I feel like it might work anyway.

As for that first song in the new house, you're probably not gonna ride with me on this and the lyrics don't make sense but 'Home Sweet Home' by Crüe would work for me. More appropriately, there has to be an old blues or Sam Phillips-era rock-'n'-roll song that mentions Memphis. 

Of course, this is about more than just a house or a city. This really is a new chapter and journey for you and your better half. And it represents a culmination of all the good decisions and maybe good luck along the way.

So yeah, that one song about that. You know the one. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So many directions to go...it’s literally mind boggling. So many Memphis references. So much music to choose from with just that alone. I don’t know. 

I got hooked on this album a few years ago(late again...I know). So I’d say mix this one in somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Love 1