***2016 4* RB Kameron "Kam" Martin commits to AU!!!

auburnphan

This guy has a chance to be a special kind of role player. Some of y'all still don't realize how great Omac was and guess u never will but he won a lot of games

omac was extremely valuable. As was grant. I don't know about speed but this kid might have more wiggles than those two.

+1

OMAC was one of my favorite players. Really enjoyed watching him play.

Loved Omac and Grant, but they were north south guys. This kid Can break ankles. Very good film. Great job staff

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pickup. I really see him getting PT this year. We don't usually pull someone in this late that is of his level. Martin sees the hole and then he just flies through it. Speed kills. It would be interesting to know if this would have changed our class ranking.

Getting Kam was huge! Kam and Derrick Brown will have the two biggest impacts this upcoming year of our signees. Like Bird said we just upgraded in Roc's role. Like Jeff posted a Briles was a big help with Kam.

Just curious, but will this have any effect on the class ranking or is that already locked in for 2016?

Just curious, but will this have any effect on the class ranking or is that already locked in for 2016?

Just guessing but I'd say it would change technically.

I'm okay if we downplay the Briles connection a bit.

Exciting get for sure. And I'm assuming that he and the coaches are on the same page about what he can be in our offense.

“When Coach Gus went to Baylor a few months ago, they told (Baylor), ‘You guys have the best running back in the country,’ “ Martin said. “Coach Briles started laughing and was like, ‘We know.’”

I was impressed with most of his film, but best RB in the country???

Getting Kam was huge! Kam and Derrick Brown will have the two biggest impacts this upcoming year of our signees. Like Bird said we just upgraded in Roc's role. Like Jeff posted a Briles was a big help with Kam.

Great pickup. I'd say Kyle Davis is going to make the biggest impact. Kam is Roc without the spin. Kam should be better between the tackles but not so so Kam is a better pass catcher than Roc. Great pickup. And Kam is fast.

I can do without the spin. Going to be difficult to be better as a route runner/pass catcher. That is Roc's gift.

I can do without the spin. Going to be difficult to be better as a route runner/pass catcher. That is Roc's gift.

WDE Kam is faster than Roc and will fit the Omac role a lot better than Roc. Roc is a better pass catcher, but in the Omac role Kam is an upgrade imo. Kam is not gonna dance around and spin etc. like Roc. Kam is going to hit the hole and run very fast.

WDE Kam is faster than Roc and will fit the Omac role a lot better than Roc. Roc is a better pass catcher, but in the Omac role Kam is an upgrade imo. Kam is not gonna dance around and spin etc. like Roc. Kam is going to hit the hole and run very fast.

I watched him at PA Memorial and he can catch very well. He hits the hole very hard and isn't a dancer.

He may fill the Roc role to start with,but I woudn't rule out him growing into an every down back.He seems to run the read option very well and has good vision to find the hole and hit it hard.

Yes. Stay at 9 on Scout although his points have not been added to the team rankings page. 11 to 8 on Rivals even though page has not been updated. 11 to 10 on 247. 10 to 9 on the composite.

Nice get. Looks like a little bit taller Darren Sproles out there in his film. Do you feel if this will have any impact on our current RB recruiting?

I'm with McLoofus. The Briles quote in the article kind of made me cringe. "They'll take care of you at AU"...lol

Very excited about adding this guy on. Our RB depth just got a boost in a major way. Having 4 bodies is critical.

Archived