Official Ole Miss Game Thread

abw0004

Imagine if people gave Chizik as much of a leash as they have Gus. Where would we be if he had stuck around for 3+ more years?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Um, ok man...what are you drinking btw? Are there unicorns where you are? 

Not hard to figure out...our QB plays as confused and anxious as his HC. They're joined at the hip now; bad news for the W-L record.

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

This is just how I thought AU would play.   Knew it was going to be sluggish.   If it continues, AU might lose.   I think the odds of which team will make the mistake belongs to AU.   Playing very tight.   The closer the game the longer Plumlee gets to play and he is the one that will hurt the defense the most

Agree. I figured we'd be flat, but Gus said Tuesday's practice was one of the best of the season and you know we generally have a good week of practice every week. He got my hopes up yet again.....

12 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

10-7.  Should be up 10-0 or more. 55 yard punt return after three and out. Crap!

Wrong they should be up 7 to 3 that TD we got shouldn’t have counted our guard threw our RB into the end zone .

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

Um, ok man...what are you drinking btw? Are there unicorns where you are? 

Sweet tea. No unicorns. I'm not happy that theres only 10 points, and I wouldn't have called that pass when we were on the goal line, but it wasn't an asinine call. 

People have this weird thing, where they think it's like PlayStation or something, and Gus is calling deep shot after deep shot. The QB has a part in the decision too. 

Like, this isn't acceptable, we need to do better, being up 3 on Ole Miss is irritating, but the results on the field tonight aren't entirely on Gus. He's not blameless, but he not the sole reason either.

What would you do differently? Honest question. 

Just now, cole256 said:

Positives? We can't say the o line's play has been trash this game!

Agree...and honestly, from a layman’s point of view, I don’t think Gus has called a terrible game...BUT....ultimately a team thats not executing and performing better than they did at the start of the year? Thats on the head coach.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Positives? We can't say the o line's play has been trash this game!

Is this a challenge? @bigbird hold my beer.

Auburn and Cleveland run the same offense.

Cleveland has a poor OL.
Great WR Talent.
Inconsistent QB who sorta can move.
Is poor against good teams. (Which is most of them in the NFL)
Has a coach that calls questionable plays.

Cleveland is the Auburn of the NFL.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He has more than one poor throw but I agree he has played pretty good, especially the start of the game

You are correct. He has a few poor throws. But there was one throw that was especially bad and should’ve been an interception. I actually think a couple of his throws to Seth Williams were fine but the wide receiver did not make a play on the ball.
Side note: Nix need some help. He can’t be perfect all the time and the wide receivers have to make plays. I see wide receivers making plays all the time for other teams when the ball is not a perfect throw. 

...and last but not least... I can’t stand the play calling. We have great plays followed up by terrible plays. Oh well. Let’s kill them this half! 

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Wrong they should be up 7 to 3 that TD we got shouldn’t have counted our guard threw our RB into the end zone .

I think DJ broke the plane before the suplex. Also, that wasn't 4th down, so there would probably be points still. 

Just now, bigbird said:

Zero cohesion to any of the play calls. Each play is its own call. No rhyme or reason to any of the calls.

Impossible to read Bird!
I'm convinced he has the "twister" spin thing with like 10 plays on it.

There are some things I really did like from the offense so far. Like the quick easy passes. Just wish we wouldn't go away from what's working so often. Hopefully the 3rd quarter will be more consistent and we put some points up. 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I hope Seth Williams puts maybe just a little more effort in catching passes .. 

@cole256 how would you like to respond to this sir lol

1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

Sweet tea. No unicorns. I'm not happy that theres only 10 points, and I wouldn't have called that pass when we were on the goal line, but it wasn't an asinine call. 

People have this weird thing, where they think it's like PlayStation or something, and Gus is calling deep shot after deep shot. The QB has a part in the decision too. 

Like, this isn't acceptable, we need to do better, being up 3 on Ole Miss is irritating, but the results on the field tonight aren't entirely on Gus. He's not blameless, but he not the sole reason either.

What would you do differently? Honest question. 

This should be good.

Archived