OC: Mike Bobo

W.E.D

Hell of a recruiter. I doubt Harsin would let us have a bad offense. I'm going to try and be positive about it.

Don't know much about Friend though.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wareagleguy said:

Some are saying Bryan McClendon as WR coach

If he brings Will Friend & Bryan McClendon with him, then I would consider this a very good hire. Especially if Bobo can develop Bo Nix and bring in Gunner Stockton in 2022. 

I think Bryan Harsin will still control the offense. My only concern now is if Bobo is calling the plays...

10 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Pretty sure he was CJP's best man at his wedding, so I thought his exit was less about joining Bobo and more about CJP not firing one of his best friends. 

It was friend leaving him because of all the uncertainty in Knoxville now. He paid them to leave.

6 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

If he brings Will Friend & Bryan McClendon with him, then I would consider this a very good hire. Especially if Bobo can develop Bo Nix and bring in Gunner Stockton in 2022. 

I think Bryan Harsin will still control the offense. My only concern now is if Bobo is calling the plays...

McClendon would be a great hire 

7 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Please tell me we are not beginning again with the “who’s calling the plays” conversation ......

Since you asked nicely: We are not at beginning again with the "who's calling the plays conversation." There's no need to begin again something that never ended. It is a conversation that will carry on ad infinitum.

1 hour ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Yes they did. They loved when Mike Bobo was gone. Also at the end of his tenure there GA’s offense looked archaic. I’m not for this hire at all personally. 

I can accept that Harsin knows a lot more than me about building a competitive football program, so I can accept that if he hired Mike Bobo, he did it for a reason.

40 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

You hire a coach for coaching, development and recruiting first and foremost not because of who he can bring with him.  If he's a sorry coach based on those aspects above then he does not all of a sudden become a good coach because a couple of guys follow him.

17 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I can accept that Harsin knows a lot more than me about building a competitive football program, so I can accept that if he hired Mike Bobo, he did it for a reason.

I agree. My opinion is just not high on him but my opinion doesn’t matter. I respect CBH and am excited to see his team. 

35 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Please tell me we are not beginning again with the “who’s calling the plays” conversation ......

My thought exactly. Some seem OK with Harsin/Bobo doing it but hated Malzahn/anybody.

At the very least he was able to develop a QB or 2 at UGA. Just think of who he coached - Stafford/Greene/Murray.

Those are about as a diverse group of QBs as you could imagine as well.

2 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

At the very least he was able to develop a QB or 2 at UGA. Just think of who he coached - Stafford/Greene/Murray.

Those are about as a diverse group of QBs as you could imagine as well.

Didn't he also coach DJ Shockley? Seems he can get a lot of out of Dual Threats as well. Interesting hire. My ill-informed opinion is that he'll come in for a few years and beef up the talent with his recruiting skills, but will probably be replaced eventually by someone with a more modern system. I hope I'm wrong about the latter and am definitely willing to buy in until I'm given a reason to cash out. War Eagle Coach Bobo!

Apparently Bobo also grew up a die-hard Auburn fan FWIW

53 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

It's official. It's on wikipedia now. 

Yellow font? Now that's a format I haven't seen in a very long time...

14 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

My thought exactly. Some seem OK with Harsin/Bobo doing it but hated Malzahn/anybody.

Probably because Malzahn couldn’t call plays to save his job

Wife's a Gamecock.

What little USCe FB i watched this year, I thought the Gamecock O looked Gustratingly familiar.

Hoping it was due to being in Columbia, where head coaches go to end their careers.

Not a fan of this hire, but we’ll see how Harsin uses him. I haven’t paid much attention to him since he left UGA, but his offenses at UGA were VERY bland. Frustration with Bobo’s offense is ultimately what got Richt fired. In the day of spread offenses, he’s going to have to show more versatility than he did at UGA.

Super lukewarm on this hire. It feels like we took a decade-sized step back. Hope I’m wrong, but I was also lukewarm on Steele and that worked out to Auburn’s favor. Truly hope this plays out in a similar fashion. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Oh....um. Tenn might’ve had one of the worst OL performances relative to talent...ever 

They rushed for over 220 yards against us, with another 240+ passing. The offensive line wasn’t UT’s problem 

Archived