Notebook:

toddc

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

Smells like a Brad Larrondo hire to me.  I bet they crushed some chicken parm together during the interview.    Got to build a network of guys willing to do the dirty work and thrive in in the underworld.  He worked and survived in Chicago it looks like....I hear his nickname is "Mugsy" and he is willing to take the REC on, straight up.  

I like this hire.     Things are going to get messy before they get better. 

You make it sound as if somebody is going to get whacked

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I still got friends in Jersey to do the real dirty work

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

If that is what it takes...  negative recruiting is taking a turn for the worse lately.  

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I still got friends in Jersey to do the real dirty work

Maybe you can get your people to meet with Lorrando's people at  Luigi's for lunch before the next recruiting weekend.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Maybe you can get your people to meet with Lorrando's people at  Luigi's for lunch before the next recruiting weekend.  

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ talks

• Like 1

• Like 2
  • Love 1

its called leadership and I love this story and your comments.

Edited by Beaker
  • Thanks 1

The guys just want to know that you really have their best interest in mind! Somebody has been saying that for years! Guys will take to coaching as long as they know everything is fair, and you really care. Pretty much that you buy in to everything you preach!

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

• Like 2

RUNNING BACK

First-Team: Tank Bigsby, Auburn

The 2020 four-star recruit, who ranked 40th nationally according to 247Sports, was easily among the most elusive ball carriers in college football last year. His strong contact balance was on full display as he came away with the fifth-most broken tackles per attempt (0.34) in the FBS. The 6-foot, 204-pound back was the third-highest-graded ball carrier in the FBS behind Javonte Williams and Khalil Herbert before suffering an injury in Week 12 against Tennessee. He’s the favorite to claim that top spot in a fully healthy 2021.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3

Veteran defensive coach added to Bryan Harsin's support staff

ByNATHAN KING 2 hours ago

Share10 Comments

More Detail Emerge On Arizona State's Recruiting Violations (Late Kick Cut)

Bryan Harsin has added another experienced coach to his inaugural support staff at Auburn.

Roc Bellantoni, who had been an FBS assistant since 2014, has joined the Tigers as a defensive analyst, Auburn Undercover has learned. He becomes the eighth analyst on Auburn's 2021 support staff. Gus Malzahn had six last year, according to the team's official coaching roster.

Most recently the special teams coordinator and tight ends coach at Utah State last season, Bellantoni has been in the industry since 1995, when he landed his first college gig as the D-line coach at Buena Vista University, a Division-III program. Over the next decade, Bellantoni also held assistant positions at Drake and Eastern Illinois, including promotions to defensive coordinator at both programs. He was also Eastern Illinois' recruiting coordinator in 2001.

After two seasons as Villanova's special teams coordinator and defensive line coach, Bellantoni landed his first FBS job at FAU. He spent three seasons as the Owls' defensive coordinator and linebackers coach. After he was not retained at FAU under new coach Lane Kiffin in 2016, he spent two years at Buffalo as director of player personnel, then special teams coordinator.

Washington State hired Bellantoni away in 2019 as its new linebackers coach. The Cougars' defensive coordinator resigned midseason, and Bellantoni took over the role in the interim under head coach Mike Leach. Gary Anderson and Utah State hired Bellantoni the following offseason. Bellantoni has been a defensive coordinator three times in his career (Drake, Eastern Illinois, FAU) in addition to his interim duties at Washington State.

10COMMENTS

FootballScoop reported in May that Bellantoni was set to become the new special teams coordinator at Southern Illinois, but the move was never made official.

2021 AUBURN ANALYSTS

Eric Kiesau (former Boise State offensive coordinator)

Bryce Lewis (former Vanderbilt grad assistant)

Danny McDonald (former Boise State grad assistant)

Bodie Reeder (former Utah State offensive coordinator)

Kendall Simmons (former Auburn, NFL offensive lineman)

Ben Steele (former NFL tight ends coach)

Tanner Tallan (former Boise state grad assistant)

Roc Bellantoni (former Washington State linebackers coach)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Like 2

"There’s talk that Jeremiah Wright is recovering quickly from his ACL tear." 

Sounds familiar. Not excited for next year.

Nailed it baby! Love this tank logo.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, toddc said:

Nailed it baby! Love this tank logo.

I think it’s kinda sub par graphics design tbh. The tank should be offset with the TB and number next to it. As it stands it’s not cohesive (tank left treads are way off from the tank body) and things like the letter number combo get muddled in the middle. Or lose the tank altogether or have separate logos.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

I think it’s kinda sub par graphics design tbh. The tank should be offset with the TB and number next to it. As it stands it’s not cohesive (tank left treads are way off from the tank body) and things like the letter number combo get muddled in the middle. Or lose the tank altogether or have separate logos.

@japantigerplease give us a proper critique and how Bain sees this

1 hour ago, ToomersRevenge said:

I actually like it as a starting point, but I agree that it's a little too busy.  I'd say drop the 4 and focus on the TB initials and tank.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aubie the Tiger said:

I actually like it as a starting point, but I agree that it's a little too busy.  I'd say drop the 4 and focus on the TB initials and tank.

A little color in the right place would help a lot.

This kid might have been one reason Barrett transfers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, toddc said:
This kid might have been one reason Barrett transfers.

Absolutely, don't see how he wasn't. And that is nothing against Barrett, who we should all admire. Hunter just seems to be gaining a lot of momentum this offseason, quickly ascending up the depth chart

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, au302 said:

Absolutely, don't see how he wasn't. And that is nothing against Barrett, who we should all admire. Hunter just seems to be gaining a lot of momentum this offseason, quickly ascending up the depth chart

Well, Gus is not the coach, so I hope Hunter gets a lot of carries in games 1 and 2.   Helps recruiting also...

Sidenote: Tank needs to ride the bench to the point he is pissed by the time we go to Penn State.   And Shivers does not need to be run into the ground as RB2 (al la Gus ball).   Gonna be a long season and very physical (Harsin kinda  ball). 

• Like 1