LSU Transfer QB TJ Finley COMMITS TO AUBURN!!!!!!!

Zeek

54 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

A&M gave up 1.7 points less than Georgia and was less than 2 points worse than Bama’s. Auburn’s D was 4th in the conference and he played in JHS. He literally played all 3 of the 3 best defenses, hardest situations, however you wanna qualify it lol

Don’t you know yet that a true freshman with no spring training on a rebuilding team should have been lights out? All great QBs should peak in their rookie season and not be expected to improve in any way. I know I peaked my first year in my profession. I’m shocked that guys like Harsin, Sarkisian and Yurcich are pursuing him.  What the heck do they know about evaluating QBs?

😏

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, DAG said:

This is what people don’t like to hear but is the truth and I have a sneaky feeling CBH feels the same 

I agree. That is why I said I honestly don't think any of them are ready to start. Bo, DD, Finley...none.

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He wasn't and he didn't. That's not really arguable. 

Everyone is so dead set on Bo being a failure. Everyone expected DD to take over, didn't happen and now we're on to a guy who averaged less than 200 yards a start. Got pulled from a lot of games, completed 57% of his passes, and was the 3 or 4th QB at LSU to come in and take over a few games into the season. 

Wild 

I wasn't debating his level of play. I guess sarcasm goes over your head. Obviously Coach Harsin see's something there that he likes and believes he can work with. I will trust him over you. Sorry. Also, you saying "everyone is dead set on Bo being a failure is very disingenuous. I have not seen many people at all say anything remotely close to that. What I have seen is people point out Bo's poor play and lack of improvement. Ultimately....I think the new staff can do a much better job in developing Bo and I think they could develop Finley. Anyone saying he is a sure fire thing to come in and start right away is not being realistic. Neither is saying that he has no chance. 

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

You can have that opinion. As I mentioned here, overwhelming amounts of folks here want Bo gone and can't think he can develop. But Finely would literally be in the exact same situation with Bo but an entire Spring behind. 

But somehow it'll only work out for Finley 

I agree. Exact same position as Bo but a behind on knowing the playbook. Nothing at all in that reads that Finley couldn't come in and grasp the playbook quicker than Bo and leap him. It could happen in fall camp, not likely or it could happen as we get into the season especially if Bo struggles. What is hard to understand about that. Again...just because he was bad doesn't mean he can't get and be better. Same with Bo. What's the disconnect here?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I thought this board was predominantly fans like me sharing opinions. According  to this thread, we have multiple insiders who have intimate knowledge of Coach Harsin’s player evaluations, intentions, and QB competition plans. If Coach doesn’t get more discreet, we’re liable to see his gameplans leaked on here in the fall. 😅 

Welcome to the ignorant club. 

We all are apart of it

Would he be a soph or get his freshman season over again because of the eligibility ruling from the pandemic season?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steeleagle said:

One thing I noticed about Harsin was his comments to FInebaum when asked what he thought of Bo coming out of spring practice. It surprised me that Harsin never mentioned anything about his QB skills or how he actually performed in the spring game or at scrimmages. Harsin started off by saying "Bo is a hard worker..." and went from there to describe more about his demeanor and how he practiced and wanted to get better.

In pointing this out...As it relates to Finley possibly coming in, and the reasoning behind it....what I saw in HArsin's comments is the possibility that Bo has not proven yet to be the QB he needs to execute his offense at a high level.

What I see IF Finley comes in, is a HC who thinks FInley has the tools, and if he can learn the playbook, show success in his workouts and fall practices when they start will be the somewhat experienced and skilled backup Harsin wants. 

Now, if Bo improves and gets better in his passing percentages, his reads, etc...and helps us win then Harsin has done what he wants from Bo.

But if Bo struggles getting into the SEC...I think Harsin will bring in Finley to see if he can successfully operate Harsin/Bobo's offense. 

In 2022, then there could be a full blown QB competition. Something that Harsin definitely wants, IF Bo is not running his offense successfully.

Well said. I think best case scenario is TJ comes in and pushes some, but Bo actually gets better and plays to the level of his 5 star ranking and we have TJ as a solid backup and for the future. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I mean this is kind of the point of a message board. People share opinions and talk. 

That's what we're doing. 

Tj literally quoted as saying "I know they don't have a lot after Bo". But Ok

Ok mainstream media. Make sure you show the full quote and not just pick and choose so it fits the narrative you want. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Would he be a soph or get his freshman season over again because of the eligibility ruling from the pandemic season?

Yes to both.

12 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Ok mainstream media. Make sure you show the full quote and not just pick and choose so it fits the narrative you want. 

Haha of course he wouldn’t . I added more context . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

giphy.gif

Maybe a Sophomore class-wise and Freshman athletic-wise??:dunno:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

A&M gave up 1.7 points less than Georgia and was less than 2 points worse than Bama’s. Auburn’s D was 4th in the conference and he played in JHS. He literally played all 3 of the 3 best defenses, hardest situations, however you wanna qualify it lol

And he was terrible against them all. 

Auburn starter 2021

20 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Obviously Coach Harsin see's something there that he likes and believes he can work with

I mean this is a bit absurd. 

You automatically assume he's going to take over for Bo. 

The more realistic person, me, assumes he'll be good it the long run 

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Believe Covid 2020 is a dead year and doesn't count. 

So he'd be a TfFr again 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Did you not read the last two sentences he wrote there? Seems like your reading comprehension is having a bad day. He literally said anyone who thinks TJ is automatically going to come in and start is unrealistic, just like saying he has no shot at starting is unrealistic

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

LMAO You use the word absurd towards me when you make an absolutely bogus claim about my assumptions? Have you even read my posts or this thread? I have not made any claim that he WILL take over Bo. I even said I expect Bo to start.

Why would Coach Harsin be targeting him period if he didn't see something he likes and thinks is valuable? 

I can't with you. I know you love to disagree with the board, but I can't even take you serious anymore when you say stuff like that. Read what people write man. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

And he was terrible against them all. 

Auburn starter 2021

I guess he forgot Bo lit up all of the best defenses as a true Freshman and as a sophmore.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Okay, this has gone on long enough. W.E.D, literally no one is assuming that TJ would come in and take over for Bo. The people you are disagreeing with simply think he would have a reasonable shot at unseating Bo, something neither of the other QBs on our roster seems capable of doing.

Pretty sure no one is rooting against Bo, either. I guarantee you that everyone who is legitimately on this board would be thrilled if Bo had a transformative year and breaks all the single season passing records en route to championship glory. It's just that there are those of us who question whether Bo has what it takes to be the man in Harsin's system, and whether he is or not, believe we need to have another viable option in the stable.

You're creating a strawman to argue against. Literally no one here believes the things you suggest we do. You're just getting your Bo Nix fanboy on as if a bunch of schoolyard bullies are throwing rocks at him.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, au302 said:

Did you not read the last two sentences he wrote there? Seems like your reading comprehension is having a bad day. He literally said anyone who thinks TJ is automatically going to come in and start is unrealistic, just like saying he has no shot at starting is unrealistic

I believe he has been "hittin the sauce today". 

First step as admitting you have a problem.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, I understand everyone thinks Bo is awful and will never be good. 

This is dangerous because I didn't put on my hipwaders and struggle through the last 3 pages of transcendental omniscience, but I'll go with Ric Flair on this one no matter who we bring in. At this point Bo is the man.

56f928b8db993ab764917224e3efbdee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tiger said:

giphy.gif

He’ll be a sophomore and get a do over for the freshman year because of Covid 

9 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I guess he forgot Bo lit up all of the best defenses as a true Freshman and as a sophmore.

Right and all along I've said Bo shouldn't have been a starter as a TrFr. Now he's a Junior and been with the staff for 7 month when fall camp starts. 

Bo was better last year than his Fr year. He'll be better this year in a real offense. Finely will be behind, learning, and still developing. 

I understand the board overwhelmingly dislikes Bo, but he's going to be the starter this year. 

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I understand the board overwhelmingly dislikes Bo, but he's going to be the starter this year

Good lord 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Okay, this has gone on long enough. W.E.D, literally no one is assuming that TJ would come in and take over for Bo. The people you are disagreeing with simply think he would have a reasonable shot at unseating Bo, something neither of the other QBs on our roster seems capable of doing.

Pretty sure no one is rooting against Bo, either. I guarantee you that everyone who is legitimately on this board would be thrilled if Bo had a transformative year and breaks all the single season passing records en route to championship glory. It's just that there are those of us who question whether Bo has what it takes to be the man in Harsin's system, and whether he is or not, believe we need to have another viable option in the stable.

You're creating a strawman to argue against. Literally no one here believes the things you suggest we do. You're just getting your Bo Nix fanboy on as if a bunch of schoolyard bullies are throwing rocks at him.

I'm not tho.

We got assumptions Harsin doesn't like Bo for his offense bc he only said he has great work ethic on Finebaum

Finely will benefit from new coaches (let's not forget his OC set records the year prior, it's not like they had Gus). 

Bo will be replaced by start of sec games if he struggles. 

Finely is likely to beat out Bo in camp and Harsin doesn't play favorites. 

vs Me. I like Finely, he has talent but needs to develop, we have absolutely 0 QB depth ,and it's likely a QB who was worse last year on a better team, and it's probably a take bc we need QBs vs need Bo's replacement in year 1 isn't going to beat out Bo in 20 practices when he's learning a brand new offense. 

And I'm the one "disagreeing" 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Facepalm 2