Summer Workouts 2021

Zeek

Figured we can make this a running thread

We're told a decent number may not have kept their breakfast down this morning 😁

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

I hate waking those upper deck steps...... I cant imagine ding snake stadiums on them.

The angle and elevation would give me ridiculous anxiety lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We're told a decent number may not have kept their breakfast down this morning 😁

Good. Let’s go junction boys on them.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, DAG said:

Good. Let’s go junction boys on them.

First day of wrestling practice every year our coach wouldn't let practice end without someone puking.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Nice job there. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Zeek said:

First day of wrestling practice every year our coach wouldn't let practice end without someone puking.

My football coach was the same. Of course he smoked during practice, while serving  as the scout team QB in stretched out coaching shorts and white knee length tube socks. Good times. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

My football coach was the same. Of course he smoked during practice, while serving  as the scout team QB in stretched out coaching shorts and white knee length tube socks. Good times. 

I often serve as the scout team QB but it's mostly because I'm addicted to throwing a good spiral (was a QB stud until high school when I didn't get any taller lol] and running it occasionally to stay in shape lol.

No smoking for me though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I often serve as the scout team QB but it's mostly because I'm addicted to throwing a good spiral (was a QB stud until high school when I didn't get any taller lol] and running it occasionally to stay in shape lol.

No smoking for me though.

I assume you have the knee length tube socks.

• Haha 1

Break em down to build them up . Love the inside the program videos. I’m a meathead as well so it’s always cool to see this. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

YARN | You better get your priorities straight. | Dazed and Confused (1993)  | Video gifs by quotes | b5669472 | 紗

Dazed And Confused GIFs | Tenor

dazed-and-confused-football-coaches - Patterson Brands

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

YARN | You better get your priorities straight. | Dazed and Confused (1993)  | Video gifs by quotes | b5669472 | 紗

Dazed And Confused GIFs | Tenor

dazed-and-confused-football-coaches - Patterson Brands

Yep. Those are the shorts. 😂

• Haha 1

Love these videos. This team seems very dialed in. I expect we will see a very fit team come fall camp. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Watch with sound! Almost makes me wanna get out there and do some work myself... almost lol

On 6/3/2021 at 12:53 PM, Zeek said:

A “running thread” about workouts. 👍🏻😉

• Like 1

We used to run the steps in Cliff-Hare stadium as part of our PE; ran the steps in the Coliseum as well.  We used to regularly get into the stadium...wasn't such a high security serious thing back in the day...it's a good workout.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 1:30 PM, Zeek said:

Your coach had a sound philosophy. While in the military, I went through a 3 month portion of training where the goal was for one of us to puke every day. Gas mask suicides, 400 meter bear crawls, 6 mile rucks, wall stands, Indian runs with a 45 lb. plate, crab walks, “deck of cards”, and AMRAP circuits… All of which could have been lumped together on the same day at any given time, depending on how our trainers were feeling that day.

It was absolutely brutal, but also some of my favorite memories having endured it! 

p.s.- Congrats on the little one. The wife and I have a 7 month old girl and we couldn’t be more blessed. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, japantiger said:

We used to run the steps in Cliff-Hare stadium as part of our PE; ran the steps in the Coliseum as well.  We used to regularly get into the stadium...wasn't such a high security serious thing back in the day...it's a good workout.

36 - 6” risers in BE from above court rail to main concourse level = 18’ and much greater above.

One reason I elected tennis for PE. Learn the rules, how to keep score and serve meant “A”.  Few folks could get a real volley going and the small amount of running was at least on a smooth flat service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

36 - 6” risers in BE from above court rail to main concourse level = 18’ and much greater above.

One reason I elected tennis for PE. Learn the rules, how to keep score and serve meant “A”.  Few folks could get a real volley going and the small amount of running was at least on a smooth flat service.

If you didn't want to run golf would have been better

• Like 2