New QB Zach Calzada

Tony4AU

Just now, W.E.D said:

5-7

Harsin really going to do well this offseason with the "He beat Bama" crowd that is 90% of our fanbase.  Then it'll come crashing down

Bookmarked

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

This kid beat Bama this year

🤣😓

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

5-7

Harsin really going to do well this offseason with the "He beat Bama" crowd that is 90% of our fanbase.  Then it'll come crashing down

lol. you're just mad you will have to change your profile pic

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

lol. you're just mad you will have to change your profile pic

Idk man.  If we don't add a new QB it's 50/50 between TJ and Calzada.  Can either develop someone???  Bc right now both aren't quality SEC QBs.

I'll keep it for my man TJ.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Bookmarked

I hope I'm really really wrong about Calzada and some magic can be done.  Jimbo is no slouch when it comes to developing QBs.  He's in his 3rd season with the same offense, same coaching staff, etc and he came away with pretty awful results.

25 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

This is a replacement but not for Bo. CW visiting next week per reports. People need to calm down and relax. Patience.

We aren't getting Caleb Williams so get that out of your head and I will put any amount of money on that too!! I highly doubt we get another QB through the portal this year, no matter what the Auburn beat writers are saying. Our QB room, as it is with Calzada, is what our staff is rolling with for the 2022 season. WDE

• Like 2

Not impressed w/ the kid.  I was at the game in college station.  Kid is on the same level as Finley jmo       BUT, I also don't head coach the greatest college football team of all time either.  Let's see what Harsin can do w/ the kid.

Disliked for having an opinion 😃   People are so weak now  😙

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, AUStew87 said:

First Eason leaving, now Calzada committing. Back to back days of bad news for the AU football program. 

But not the news of Grant Loy GA, Mike Hartline to Staff and AU pursuing Brentson Buckner and CW?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

All I needed was to see him throw one touchdown and I know he is better than TJ. It is a step toward in the right direction. Auburn would have beaten Buma and Houston had this guy been QBing after Bo. Right now, I'll take anyone besides TJ. He is a carbon copy of Dwayne Haskins, who although was good at OSU, is a bust in the NFL. 

??? If TJ was 1/10th as good as Dwayne Haskins, we wouldn’t be recruiting Zach Calzada and he for sure wouldnt have been sitting behind Bo Nix I assure you that!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

But not the news of Grant Loy GA, Mike Hartline to Staff and AU pursuing Brentson Buckner and CW?

^^^This^^^ Dudes have become effeminate with all of the whining they're doing. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

??? If TJ was 1/10th as good as Dwayne Haskins, we wouldn’t be recruiting Zach Calzada and he for sure wouldnt have been sitting behind Bo Nix I assure you that!!!

Dude, I am a Washington Football Fan thus the Maryland Tiger profile name. I watched Dwayne play and stink it up every week in the league. Yes, he did good at OSU due to 5 stars being at almost each position. Just like a bammer QB, he hasn't done much since going to the NFL. Watch his film, which you obviously haven't done, and you will see the same throwing motions and incompletions. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Not impressed w/ the kid.  I was at the game in college station.  Kid is on the same level as Finley jmo       BUT, I also don't head coach the greatest college football team of all time either.  Let's see what Harsin can do w/ the kid.

Disliked for having an opinion 😃   People are so weak now  😙

He is definitely an upgrade. I still hope we will sign another QB but Calzada is definitely more talented than TJ.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

All I needed was to see him throw one touchdown and I know he is better than TJ. It is a step toward in the right direction. Auburn would have beaten Buma and Houston had this guy been QBing after Bo. Right now, I'll take anyone besides TJ. He is a carbon copy of Dwayne Haskins, who although was good at OSU, is a bust in the NFL. 

Who is a carbon copy of Dwayne Haskins????

Neither TJ nor Calzada are.  I'm really confused by this post

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Exactly. Unless I missed it, Harsin hasn’t announced that he’s filled out his roster and Calzada is our starter. One of our biggest complaints in the past has been the lack of depth at the quarterback position and why does every other team seem to have it. Calzada is an SEC starter and we could do worse if he ends up being our starting quarterback and we could do a whole heck of a lot worse if he ends up being our backup.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Dude, I am a Washington Football Fan thus the Maryland Tiger profile name. I watched Dwayne play and stink it up every week in the league. Yes, he did good at OSU due to 5 stars being at almost each position. Just like a bammer QB, he hasn't done much since going to the NFL. Watch his film, which you obviously haven't done, and you will see the same throwing motions and incompletions. 

Who cares about being bad in the NFL???  Haskins dominated college.  He could actually complete passes to WRs at a very high clip and also downfield.

TJ nor Calzada can do that.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Who cares about being bad in the NFL???  Haskins dominated college.  He could actually complete passes to WRs at a very high clip and also downfield.

TJ nor Calzada can do that.

TJ stinks like Dwayne. Dwayne had the luxury of five stars; which TJ doesn't. That means TJ will stink like he did this past year. Dudes, reading comprehension is lacking. 

50 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I just find it hard to believe that Calzada would have committed if CW was really still in the picture.  We will see.

Exactly. Some people love to be disappointed though

Watching his film has improved my opinion.  If he can get rid of that little baseball wrist snap, or at least improve the mechanics a little, I think he could do enough to get us where we should be.  Throws a very catchable ball and more accurate deep than anyone we've had since...can't remember.  Probably Stidham?  Good frame though.

Also, coming from a military school, maybe he's just turn out to be the next best AU QB under Harsin's leadership.

Edited by kennypowers
Dyslexia
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Goodness...we just had a player CHOOSE to come and be one of us.  That should be celebrated and he certainly shouldn't be booed before he even gets a chance.  Some of you need to take a step back and be more supportive or take a step forward and go ahead and jump, your behavior is embarrassing.

Welcome home ZC, good luck and War Eagle!

I agree with your sentiments. Best of luck ZC!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

Watching his film has improved my opinion.  If he can get rid of that little baseball wrist snap, or at least improve the mechanics a little, I think he could do enough to get us where we should be.  Throws a very catchable ball and more accurate deep than anyone we've had since...can't remember.  Probably Stidham?  Good frame though.

Thank you. I didn't see TAMU much this season. 

Anyone else have an analysis of Calzada other than "he sucks, we suck" or "he beat Bama"? Strengths and weaknesses? Did he progress over the season?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Goodness...we just had a player CHOOSE to come and be one of us.  That should be celebrated and he certainly shouldn't be booed before he even gets a chance.  Some of you need to take a step back and be more supportive or take a step forward and go ahead and jump, your behavior is embarrassing.

Welcome home ZC, good luck and War Eagle!

What you said plus this. Coming off a 6-7 season, Harsin knows full well what is at stake. It’s his job on the line and he has chosen this QB. Him and Austin Davis must see something they like a lot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1