Poll, Who do you want to see replace CBH

bishoptf

Who do you want to see replace CBH  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see replace CBH (your pick not who you think Auburn will choose)

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

You have no idea who the Sanders coaching staff would look like.

I agree that is one area of concern but what I like about Sanders is he would at least bring some excitement to the recruiting front and IMHO should be able to recruit really well. If and its a big IF, he surrounds himself with good coordinators he would have the talent and could do really well, again thats the rolling the dice with Deion it's not recruiting front its the being a head coach in the SEC front. I will say though he would do waaaay better than our current head coach in the recruiting front and our current HC hasn't done so well on the HC front either...so theres that..

• Like 1

I am not really sure why so many have chosen Lane Kiffen.  He does not like to recruit and it is showing at Ole Miss.  We need recruiters.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I am not really sure why so many have chosen Lane Kiffen.  He does not like to recruit and it is showing at Ole Miss.  We need recruiters.

Thank you.  It's well known too 

• Like 1

If I'm AD my first call is Urban. If he says "hell no" then I would consult with him to see who would be good fit long term to compete with Kirby and Nick. Need someone who has a history of building a program that can score points.

My second call is Luke Fickell. He could be waiting out the tOSU or ND job. That's fine, he can get more exposure and access to better recruits at Auburn in the meantime. 

I'd probably call James Franklin after that, but with the money the B1G is about to have I don't know if he would leave PSU.

I would ask Eric Bieniemy if he has any interest in college or recruiting. If so, I would look into that. NFL guy with a great offensive reputation.

I like Grimes too. I don't think Lane would leave Ole Miss for Auburn. Winning at Ole Miss looks much better on a resume. Mark Stoops is great for Kentucky, but I don't think it would work at Auburn.

Auburn needs to swing for the fences. If not, then we are accepting that we're not taking football that serious. That's sort of a death sentence for an AD and president at Auburn. 

5 minutes ago, woodford said:

If I'm AD my first call is Urban. If he says "hell no" then I would consult with him to see who would be good fit long term to compete with Kirby and Nick. Need someone who has a history of building a program that can score points.

My second call is Luke Fickell. He could be waiting out the tOSU or ND job. That's fine, he can get more exposure and access to better recruits at Auburn in the meantime. 

I'd probably call James Franklin after that, but with the money the B1G is about to have I don't know if he would leave PSU.

I would ask Eric Bieniemy if he has any interest in college or recruiting. If so, I would look into that. NFL guy with a great offensive reputation.

I like Grimes too. I don't think Lane would leave Ole Miss for Auburn. Winning at Ole Miss looks much better on a resume. Mark Stoops is great for Kentucky, but I don't think it would work at Auburn.

Auburn needs to swing for the fences. If not, then we are accepting that we're not taking football that serious. That's sort of a death sentence for an AD and president at Auburn. 

I know Urban has been successful in past but not sure he would be energetic enough on recruiting trail, but definitely successful name recognition.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I know Urban has been successful in past but not sure he would be energetic enough on recruiting trail, but definitely successful name recognition.

I would trust him to make the right hires. He has run two massive programs in Florida and tOSU. 

3 minutes ago, woodford said:

I would trust him to make the right hires. He has run two massive programs in Florida and tOSU. 

Trust is a stretch with Meyer.  I do not trust him at all when he tried to help a coach of his cover up evidence of abuse of his former wife.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Trust is a stretch with Meyer.  I do not trust him at all when he tried to help a coach of his cover up evidence of abuse of his former wife.

He's not perfect. I never said he was a saint. I'm sure you could add some strong stipulations in a contract with him. Don't know if he is incentivized to embarrass himself as much as he has the past several years. Could be a rehab assignment.

32 minutes ago, woodford said:

At least for me thats the last person I would want to see them entertain, I have a huge disdain for UM, just say no..ugh.

• Like 1

For me its Sanders/Freeze/Grimes I really think Freeze would be motivated and really work hard to get us back, I think Grimes would do the same. Sanders would really do well with the recruiting but the coaching side of things may be a work in progress but those at least for me are my top three...and those are not in order I would really be happy with anyone of them at this point.

Edited by bishoptf

I still think, when all is said and done, it will be Freeze. JMHO 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, bishoptf said:

if you would like one added let me know.

No Todd Monken listed. 

Prime is my #1

Monken #2

Hell I’m greedy…both boss…

mPxzw4.gif

• Like 2

It’s so interesting to see the individuals who are over bearing coaching options . Makes me glad to see they aren’t in any power positions.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Apparently Georgia Tech is going after Sanders so he might not be an option.

Good.  I hope they get him.  Although I would love his recruiting, I'm not sure he can be the disciplinarian and cutthroat HC and game manager that is required in the SEC.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

My personal choice would be AU grad and current UGA assistant coach Dell McGee. Other than head coaching experience he checks all the boxes.

That being said, there are people being paid six-figure salaries to do the background checks and make the decision. I'll leave it up to them.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Eric Bieniemy is a spicy one. I don’t know that he likes recruiting though. He declined the Colorado HC job at one point. Maybe he just didn’t want that on his record. I like it and I like your process. Woodford for AD.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

My personal choice would be AU grad and current UGA assistant coach Dell McGee. Other than head coaching experience he checks all the boxes.

That being said, there are people being paid six-figure salaries to do the background checks and make the decision. I'll leave it up to them.

It's a fantasy but would love to see what he could do.

Could he be a CEO and make the right coordinator hires? Maybe. I'd lean Dell over Deion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StuckMic91 said:

Eric Bieniemy is a spicy one. I don’t know that he likes recruiting though. He declined the Colorado HC job at one point. Maybe he just didn’t want that on his record. I like it and I like your process. Woodford for AD.

Haha If I wasn't fired after day 1, I would be the greatest AD in Auburn history! They would build a statue of me. Right there next to Cam 😎

1 hour ago, woodford said:

He's not perfect. I never said he was a saint. I'm sure you could add some strong stipulations in a contract with him. Don't know if he is incentivized to embarrass himself as much as he has the past several years. Could be a rehab assignment.

The battered wife syndrome people have with regards to Urban Meyer and Hugh Freeze is baffling. Winning does not cover up toxic personalities.

• Like 1

I know this is who we would want, but I really don't see Kiffen leaving ole sis for us and Stoops is set at Ky and again I don't see him leaving there for us.   I do think that Grimes, Freeze and Dion would come in a heart beat.

We really don't need the side show that is Kiffen and the dude just doesn't recruit.   Dion would be the best recruiter.   I think Freeze is the best coach, but can he get past all the negative recruiting he would have to go through in the SEC?   Grimes would have to win.   He would get some recruits but most want to see what he will bring to the table and he will not have much to work with.   So for me it Freeze or Prime.

• Like 2

Just not Kiffin. Wrong image for the program. He’s a glorified internet troll in a coaching position, and I’m not convinced he’d mesh with our fan base well because of that. He tends to field bad defenses anyway. I’m iffy on Freeze to for the same reason… his moral history. But I’d prefer him to Kiffin easily. 

My top 3 on this list would be m stoops, Grimes, and Sanders in no particular order. All have clean histories, and all I feel would make us competitive recruiting and on the field. 

Of course, if history is any indicator, it will be none of these. It will be a hire out of left field that no one was expecting. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1

I picked other because I couldn't pick more than one option.

I'd be interested to see Grimes or Deion, and I know those would mean totally different things for Auburn football. 

I'd also be ok with Stoops, when I'm feeling patient.

• Like 1