Harsin's Recruits

kennypowers

Other than tank and shenk... all Harsin's guys that signed, freshman mostly, beat an SEC team.  Defensive side the vets gave them what they needed.  All new guys touching the ball and getting the W.  Bright side?  I think he's the right coach.  I just don't think he'll get the time to show it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 5
  • Dislike 1

Maybe I am reading this wrong but without Tank and Anders points Auburn lose the game. Also u can’t dismiss the vets on the defensive side their contributions are just as important as the offense. Not sure where this topic is going. I guess u are saying once the rest of the vets are gone this team will be better in 2023 with solely CBH guys.

Edited by e808

Auburn will have a very hard time scoring points this year because the OL is soooo bad. If you think the current OL is bad just wait until next year when this bunch that couldn't push me out of the way is gone. Hopefully, we'll have recruited some new beef that can do more than just take up space.

Only way to rebuild the OL quickly is through the transfer portal and JUCO.  Hopefully we pull the trigger on Harsin by the bye week.  Would be nice if we have an AD in place by then also.  I think we need to hire the next coach by Iron Bowl week and pray that we do not lose any of our current recruits before the early December signing period.  The only silver lining with having such a low number of recruits committed to this point, is that the new coach can fill the remainder with his guys.  We are going to have to lean heavily on the transfer portal this time and hope for the best.  First year with new coach (whomever it is), we'll have to temper expectations given the mess of a roster he is inheriting.  We'll survive this but it is going to take us two or three seasons to climb out of this hole.  As long as we see an improvement each year (product on the field and a continual increase in wins each season), I'll be happy.  I want to be excited about watching Auburn football again.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The freshman receivers and transfer DBs looked to be on a different level compared to their previously established counterparts. 

I would insert Langlo, Smith, and Harris into the OL. This year is gonna be rough. If we don't get those three serious PT, then we will be hurting even more than we think next year.

Harsin will be gone. He don't care about next year

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Harsin will be gone. He don't care about next year

That's foolish to say.  Every coach worries about next year. 

Life as a coach is so transient.  You don't often get to put down roots or make friends outside of the coaching fraternity.  It's hard to explain the life unless you've lived it, that's not elitist, just impossible to describe the unsteadiness you're always working with.  You're rented by the town or Districts so you're routinely ready to be turned on and get out. That doesn't mean we don't truly care for the players, feel guilt when we let them down, or  hurt when we have had to leave them abruptly.  It's is, and should always be, about the boys. We continue to care even after we've leave and want nothing but their success.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Life as a coach is so transient.  You don't often get to put down roots or make friends outside of the coaching fraternity.  It's hard to explain the life unless you've lived it, that's not elitist, just impossible to describe the unsteadiness you're always working with.  You're rented by the town or Districts so you're routinely ready to be turned on and get out. That doesn't mean we don't truly care for the players, feel guilt when we let them down, or  hurt when we have had to leave them abruptly.  It's is, and should always be, about the boys. We continue to care even after we've leave and want nothing but their success.  

I'm judging by his body language on the sidelines. Maybe he don't care is a bit harsh...But, I don't honestly think he is thinking about his future at AU.... cause he ain't got one. If u think he does have a future here, then that's a different  conversation 

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm judging by his body language on the sidelines. Maybe he don't care is a bit harsh...But, I don't honestly think he is thinking about his future at AU.... cause he ain't got one. If u think he does have a future here, then that's a different  conversation 

Oh I'm sure he is very well aware of where he stands. I'm just saying, even when coaches know they won't be retained, their priority is most always the players and if they will be taken care. Some love the personal accolades and glory, but most "good" coaches want nothing but the greatest successes for their guys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, roe4christ said:

I want to be excited about watching Auburn football again.

200.gif

titanic.gif

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Oh I'm sure he is very well aware of where he stands. I'm just saying, even when coaches know they won't be retained, their priority is most always the players and if they will be taken care. Some love the personal accolades and glory, but most "good" coaches want nothing but the greatest successes for their guys.

Never said he didn't care about players. The point I was trying to make, that u called foolish, was he didn't care about next season or wasn't thinking long term at AU to put another way.

7 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I didn't get to "watch" the game just listen so how did Holden look when he came in?

First play was a backwards incomplete pass. Then I think we proceeded to go 3 and out. Seemed to settle down somewhat until Ashford came back in, but he wasn’t ready (Holden). 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 2

You people do realize that Robby is a redshirt freshman with no previous starting experience??? He will get better and he is a real "Dog". Hopefully the play calling highlights his strengths. 

The defense was excellent on Saturday and I look for more of that as the season progresses. The offense has to help them out though.

Brenden Coffey should be starting in place of Troxell. Stutts should be more to left guard and Jones should be starting left guard. Jalil Irvin is a better option at center because he is bigger and stronger. 

20 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Never said he didn't care about players. The point I was trying to make, that u called foolish, was he didn't care about next season or wasn't thinking long term at AU to put another way.

I see what your saying and get it.

To be clear...I don't think you a fool, not in the least. I just think saying he didn't care about next year, was foolish...JMO 

Sorry if "foolish" was offensive, it want my intent 

31 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I didn't get to "watch" the game just listen so how did Holden look when he came in?

Well, his first pass was a -11 yard lateral. So,...

23 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

You people do realize that Robby is a redshirt freshman with no previous starting experience??? He will get better and he is a real "Dog". Hopefully the play calling highlights his strengths. 

The defense was excellent on Saturday and I look for more of that as the season progresses. The offense has to help them out though.

Brenden Coffey should be starting in place of Troxell. Stutts should be more to left guard and Jones should be starting left guard. Jalil Irvin is a better option at center because he is bigger and stronger. 

So why in the world would you recruit this guy to transfer to Auburn? He's a tremendous athlete but doesn't seem to read the defense well at this point nor make plays with his arm. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Koy, Omari, and Camden all looked significantly quicker with better/more consistent hands than our starters

Agree and they should have played a lot in the first 3 games. Other than JJ, they look to be much better than the regulars. Frustrating. Hopefully they will play more going forward. 

• Like 1

One of my favorite comments from a Coach many years ago. He was asked by a new coach about housing, etc. The Coach's response was, "I recommend buying a mobile home, buying the truck that delivers it, and leaving the truck hooked up! You never know when you're going to need to move in the middle of the night."

• Like 1

Definitely not elitist. 

• Thanks 1