Sabotage is afoot

Swamp Eagle

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

I do find it hilarious the report says no one has been offered the job. That way the reporters can just say, we heard Lane Kiffin said he’d take the job, but it was true when we said no one had been offered…and they ended up not offering Lane…therefore we didn’t really lie. 
Man modern day reporting is a scam

Do u really think that AU hasn't offered the job to Kiffin? So, we offer on Sunday and he accepts on Sunday PM? Come on man. Sexton has had AU offer to Kiffin on his desk several days. Takes that long to get all the verbiage worked out etc b4 it's announced. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U think the pompas, arrogant arses at  Bama would stoop so low as to hire a AU coach? I dont 

Didn't say they would hire him. Said he will be interested. BIG difference.

8 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

My preference would be that LK just stay off of social media. However…it’s not like he said “absolutely untrue,” “I’ve signed an extension with Ole Miss,” or “No way.” 

so…

Also…can we have a serious conversation sometime about how in the world The University of Mississippi still has so many tie-ins to the Civil War South and still manages to recruit at all? It’s mind blowing to me. Just sayin. 

I'm not your average internet user. I like the ties to history and hates when they stopped playing Dixie. From Dixie with Love is an incredible piece of music. Auburn and Georgia both play Civil War tunes in every single game.

I don't think people care as much as you think. They've whitewashed the school enough. Remember Laremy Tunsil? Dude was sitting in front of a Confederate flag wearing that gas mask lmao.

If you're a college recruit and you just visited Oxford and you're thinking about the history instead of the women, then I feel sorry for you lol

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Colonel Reb will never not be part of their “tradition” despite their “efforts” to re-brand. Ole Miss is so ingrained in old southern money, it’ll never catch up with the times. I went to a show at a bar/venue there a few years ago that had Sambo art behind the bar. Wildly openly racist. 

Picture any college kid in short shorts, dock siders, and any form of Vineyard Vines/Comfort Colors t shirts and/or hats coupled with the “my dad is a lawyer” stereotype, and you’ve found your miserable way into Oxford, MS. The food is pretty good though I guess and the ladies are pretty. 

With our current society, I'd say they're making a wise choice. We live in hell.

You just described every SEC school and most schools in the South and East Coast lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A strange historical note. Abe Lincoln’s wife stated after his death that “Dixie” was her husband’s favorite song…….

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

A strange historical note. Abe Lincoln’s wife stated after his death that “Dixie” was her husband’s favorite song…….

Probably, it was the playing on the 8 track in his car!

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Viper said:

Not sure any sane coach would follow Saban.. Too high expectations.  They will be throwing bricks thru windows by the end of Sept

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not sure any sane coach would follow Saban.. Too high expectations.  They will be throwing bricks thru windows by the end of Sept

Dabo will do just fine. bammers will just have to transition from listening to a red ass to a TV evangelist and his 30-min post-game wins over Arkansas and MSU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

Why is that strange ? Ahh I digress.

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Satan literally said “I will not be the coach at Alabama”…then like 2 weeks later became the coach at Alabama. Denials are meaningless. They only occur because hack media jobs hound people and force them to answer a question about meetings behind closed doors that can’t be made public for risk of derailing the deals. 
Id take Lanning in a heartbeat. I do hope he’s at least getting vetted for interest and interviewed if he’d do one. 

Agree with all of this.  Go back and watch Lanning's "denial", watch his non-verbals.  His words and his non-verbals do not match.  It has been rumored that Auburn has continued talking to Lanning, and I truly hope Auburn is bringing Lanning back, and Kiffin is just the red herring.  But, my hope is waning.

Lanning was my choice from the beginning, but leave it to Auburn to hire a flashy, mediocre coach instead of a substantial coach.  Lane would win enough to not be fired, but, IMO, he isn't good enough to build a juggernaut.  He'd just be another Gus.   🙁

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 4
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Agree with all of this.  Go back and watch Lanning's "denial", watch his non-verbals.  His words and his non-verbals do not match.  It has been rumored that Auburn has continued talking to Lanning, and I truly hope Auburn is bringing Lanning back, and Kiffin is just the red herring.  But, my hope is waning.

Lanning was my choice from the beginning, but leave it to Auburn to hire a flashy, mediocre coach instead of a substantial coach.  Lane would win enough to not be fired, but, IMO, he isn't good enough to build a juggernaut.  He'd just be another Gus.   🙁

Lanning is coaching in the Pac-12 against bad offenses and defenses.  Kiffin would have done the same or better at Oregon this season, imo.

Edited by dyehardfanAU

Just now, dyehardfanAU said:

Lanning is coaching in the Pac-12 against bad defenses.  Kiffin would have done the same or better at Oregon this season.

Agree that PAC-12 football is inferior.  But, his success at Oregon is not why I want him.

3 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Lanning is coaching in the Pac-12 against bad offenses and defenses.  Kiffin would have done the same or better at Oregon this season.

the fact you call Kiffin a mediocre coach and then place Lanning on a pedestal over him is crazy imo. Lanning is a good young prospect, but there is a lot of time left to see how he shakes out as a hc. I mean, Oregon is exactly playing a tough schedule, yet they still aren't able to navigate it. He may turn out to be the next Kirby, but it is way to early to know that. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Understood. Interesting. 
I have it in good authority that it’s true and it’s happening. As far as it leaking now, that may indeed be from the Ole Miss end. But, I would favor that the Jon guy who broke both stories likely has the same contact within the AD department. 

So if Passthe Biscuit says it so then I am  believing it . 👍😊🙏🦅 PTB is very seldom wrong. Thank you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

the fact you call Kiffin a mediocre coach and then place Lanning on a pedestal over him is crazy imo. Lanning is a good young prospect, but there is a lot of time left to see how he shakes out as a hc. I mean, Oregon is exactly playing a tough schedule, yet they still aren't able to navigate it. He may turn out to be the next Kirby, but it is way to early to know that. 

FYI I don't know why it shows you responding to @dyehardfanAU. I believe he is in full agreement.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Where did I call Kiffin a mediocre coach?  Maybe you meant to quote someone else?

Edited by dyehardfanAU

13 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

Lanning, who I respect, has exactly one year of coaching. You have no idea how he is going to turn out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So if Passthe Biscuit says it so then I am  believing it . 👍😊🙏🦅 PTB is very seldom wrong. Thank you. 

Passthebiscuits was certainly correct when he called Harsin inept way back when most posters on this board were still worshiping Harsin's tough guy image. More people should have listened to ptb back then.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Is this credible or just someone reporting from their basement? I feel rather good that Lane is just using this for negotiation and I would be very surprised if he was hired at Auburn.

I'd say it's looking pretty credible so far this morning. 

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Colonel Reb will never not be part of their “tradition” despite their “efforts” to re-brand. Ole Miss is so ingrained in old southern money, it’ll never catch up with the times. I went to a show at a bar/venue there a few years ago that had Sambo art behind the bar. Wildly openly racist. 

Picture any college kid in short shorts, dock siders, and any form of Vineyard Vines/Comfort Colors t shirts and/or hats coupled with the “my dad is a lawyer” stereotype, and you’ve found your miserable way into Oxford, MS. The food is pretty good though I guess and the ladies are pretty. 

I'm sorry man but I think your entire post is ridiculous.  How old are you?  Ole Miss "caught up" with the times long ago buddy.  Calling the school or town that it is in racist is "wildly openly stupid".  25% of Ole Miss's student population consists of minorities versus just 16% at Auburn.  Even more interesting is that despite having a hair under 10,000 less students than Auburn in total, Ole Miss has more total black students at 2,686 versus Auburn's 1,624 total black students.  Those two figures alone should tell you that you are wrong.  Just because one person at one business has an antique Sambo-style picture hung-up in a bar does not mean that the school or town is racist.  And finally, just what exactly would you prefer that the male students wear? Huge sweat pants or gym shorts falling off their butt and an oversized baggy t-shirt?  Generally kids from the middle class and up wear pretty simple traditional casual clothes in whatever fit and style that is popular at the time because they want to look nice.  Khaki shorts above the knee and Polo type shirts have been popular since the mid-1970's and there is nothing wrong with that at all.  

Edited by BHDAU1
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

PTB told me that Hugh Freeze would be the coach last spring. Sorry PTB lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Maybe they would be interested but after they dumped him in 2014 right before the BCS game I don't think the interest would be reciprocated.

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

It was the second to last thing going through his mind when he died. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

PTB told me that Hugh Freeze would be the coach last spring. Sorry PTB lol

Haha I don’t remember this, but who knows. 🤷‍♂️😂 I don’t think Freeze is a viable option with this particular AD btw. 

• Haha 1

Just now, passthebiscuits said:

It was the second to last thing going through his mind when he died. 

Haha I don’t remember this, but who knows. 🤷‍♂️😂 I don’t think Freeze is a viable option with this particular AD btw. 

I am much happier with CLK

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lovemytigerz said:

19 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Where did I call Kiffin a mediocre coach?  Maybe you meant to quote someone else?

My bad...i accidentally quoted you on that. It was in response to the quote above you

• Like 1

i hear peewee herman is penciled in as the new D line coach.............and my source is indisputable.