Sean White 247 Article

Weegle777

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He may very well be good but white may be the most hyped up player on our team

I think they'll both earn it in the long run, but the presumed starter has received far more hype.

I have to be honest here. Outside of injury, if SW beats out JJ for QB, we have major QB issues. While yes, AU recruited him and signed him, we were the only SEC team to offer. In fact most of his offers come from what is considered a little lower tiered schools (Cincy, UCF, WF). Teams that we normally are not having to compete with to sign players.

I am just not buying the hype of SW. My perception is that he was pretty late take for us and other guys will eventually pass him on the depth chart.

Just my opinion which is usually wrong.

Not true. USCe really wanted him, as did Wisky.

Like the man said he is usually wrong and gave us a good example.

He may very well be good but white may be the most hyped up player on our team

I think they'll both earn it in the long run, but the presumed starter has received far more hype.

Not coming in he didn't. Not before people saw him play. White has been compared to Joe Montana and Drew Brees. But I can't speak for everybody but from what I have seen on this board White gets more hype than anybody, Smith a close second

I have to be honest here. Outside of injury, if SW beats out JJ for QB, we have major QB issues. While yes, AU recruited him and signed him, we were the only SEC team to offer. In fact most of his offers come from what is considered a little lower tiered schools (Cincy, UCF, WF). Teams that we normally are not having to compete with to sign players.

I am just not buying the hype of SW. My perception is that he was pretty late take for us and other guys will eventually pass him on the depth chart.

This guy would like to have a word with you:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Marcus-Mariota-109435

http://sports.yahoo....-Mariota-109435

I guess for every Marcus Mariota I can show you a Rob Bolden, Jesse Scoggins, or Conner Wood. Who are these guys you ask? They are QB prospects that were somewhat ranked like Mariota or SW that did not play or make an impact.

I guess for every Marcus Mariota I can show you a Rob Bolden, Jesse Scoggins, or Conner Wood. Who are these guys you ask? They are QB prospects that were somewhat ranked like Mariota or SW that did not play or make an impact.

Or this guy:

https://rivals.yahoo.com/ucf/football/recruiting/player-Blake-Bortles-93347

Or even this dude:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Bryce-Petty-67315;_ylt=A0LEVxJNbblUibkAtCdx.9w4;_ylu=X3oDMTEzOWFxcTduBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dGlkA1lTRTAxOF8x

I get what you're saying but there are MANY guys that didn't have the stars and offers that turned into exceptional football players.

Or this guy:

https://rivals.yahoo...e-Bortles-93347

Or even this dude:

http://sports.yahoo....GlkA1lTRTAxOF8x

I get what you're saying but there are MANY guys that didn't have the stars and offers that turned into exceptional football players.

You are exactly right and I hope SW is monster QB for us.

Or this guy:

https://rivals.yahoo...e-Bortles-93347

Or even this dude:

http://sports.yahoo....GlkA1lTRTAxOF8x

You are exactly right and I hope SW is monster QB for us.

I would add that those guys you mentioned may make the case that a highly sought prospect doesn't always translate into a high product on the field.

Per Rivals:

Bolden was a 4* and the #3 pro style QB in that class with a very impressive offer list (bama, Nebraska, ND, and Ok to name a few) and signed with Texas.

Scroggins was also a 4* and the #5 prostyle QB also with an impressive offer list (FL, LSU, Nebraska, Tennessee, to name a few) and signed with USCw.

Bolden was a 4* and the #2 dual-threat QB with a list that included: Oregon, Nebraska, Missouri, VT, UVW, and Wisky, to name a few before signing with Penn State.

Like you, I hope the best QB leads our team next year, but if it's White, it may just mean that he may a better grasp of the entire offense and is the more efficient QB. I think Johnson is by far the odds on favorite, but nothing would shock me.

Sean White is going to do great things for Auburn in my opinion, what will be interesting is how soon we'll be able to see those great things. I think assuming JJ is the starter is silly based on a couple games and his minimal snap count. Is he the perfect size and everything you want in a QB? Absolutely. But that won't matter if Sean White outplays him and beats him to win the job.

Assuming that Johnson is the starter isn't silly at all. It will be a giant surprise if he isn't starting next season, period.

Yes, we all know that "anything can happen".

I think Auburn could be the next Ohio State, they could keep reloading at QB if someone got hurt.

I hope Jeremy keeps the job for the whole remainder of his career tho

How dare you sir!

Know what you meant, but would rather "Auburn would be able to replace multiple QB's similar in fashion to the way THE Ohio State University (sic) had to in 2014 . . ."

Ohio State is a nice comparison outside of throwing their #1 player under the bus who forgoed the NFL for them, Tattoo-Gate, playing in the B10, and supposedly being a group of cheaters.

But other than that...

Assuming that Johnson is the starter isn't silly at all. It will be a giant surprise if he isn't starting next season, period.

Yes, we all know that "anything can happen".

I think Sean will push Jeremy like Jeremy pushed Nick last year. It will be another close competition I think, but Jeremy has the snaps and knows this offense so he should get the nod. Good problem to have!

White hasn't even been through a spring practice yet or the full offseason program but we've got this idea he will jump JJ. JJ is a great talent, absolute physical specimen, been here for two full years and has been in the heat of battle. If White can pull that off then more power to him.

I don't see him beating out JJ. However all the highlights I have seen he has incredible footwork in the pocket. Feels pressure and slides to the open spot.

I don't see him beating out JJ. However all the highlights I have seen he has incredible footwork in the pocket. Feels pressure and slides to the open spot.

Yep... I can see why people say he is a Drew Brees "type" QB. Has a lot of the same strengths. Very mature for his age in footwork, making reads, and working around in the pocket.

Yep... I can see why people say he is a Drew Brees "type" QB. Has a lot of the same strengths. Very mature for his age in footwork, making reads, and working around in the pocket.

And he will have 2 years to show it, when its his turn. 3 if JJ blows up next season and is a 1 and done, but I just dont see that happening.

SW will be a great QB, in time. The idea he could jump JJ is laughable. The kid hasnt even been through a Spring, MUCH LESS taken a single collegiate snap.

One must crawl before one walks. JJ is a STUD. That grasshoppers kung-fu is very strong...

Just wait until Queen has some practices White will become an afterthought lol.....j/k I think SW will push JJ to be better which is a good thing. JJ was not too bad of a HS QB himself, has done all the necessary work at AU, has looked great in relief for Nick, stayed out of trouble, and has two years of training in this offense. Odds are he starts IMO. How is White looking physically? Has he added any bulk or size? Anyone know?

Comptetition is a great thing and if he turns out to be the best choice then so be it. Let the games begin and may the best man win.

What you said.

I think that coach Dye was the best thing to happen to AU football. He put us on even ground with the turds, changed the way we think about AU football, and was the coach that recruited Bo.

+1. Dye rebuilt the table and then set the table for everything that's come since. From Bo to "First time ever!" to the expansion of Jordan-Hare and even the AU library back in the day, Pat Dye earned his stripes as a true Auburn man...with a degree from UGA and coaching experience under Bear Bryant..

You knew it was going to happen as soon as NM took his last snap, though.

Q: Who is the best player on the team?

A: Why, the backup QB of course! Same as every year.

You knew it was going to happen as soon as NM took his last snap, though.

Q: Who is the best player on the team?

A: Why, the backup QB of course! Same as every year.

OR the back RB if the first team QB is doing well.

Sean White is going to do great things for Auburn in my opinion, what will be interesting is how soon we'll be able to see those great things. I think assuming JJ is the starter is silly based on a couple games and his minimal snap count. Is he the perfect size and everything you want in a QB? Absolutely. But that won't matter if Sean White outplays him and beats him to win the job.

Of all the posts I've read your assessment of our QB situation is the best IMO. I just hope the decision hasn't already been made and there is true competition. If there is no chance for them to win the job SW (or JS) will not be making a pull out all stops push of JJ. If the decision for Johnson is already final they will all know it or quickly figure it out and the competitiveness won't be there during spring.

Archived