2016 Spring Practice - Day 1

RunInRed

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Former Auburn coach Pat Dye chats with OC Rhett Lashlee as he observes AU's first spring practice of season.

CcgAQtbW4AE6haR.jpg

@RobertTheClay

Observes... yea... that's what he's doing...

Was not allowed to be around... when Coach Tubbs was here.

For good reason.

Former Auburn coach Pat Dye chats with OC Rhett Lashlee as he observes AU's first spring practice of season.

CcgAQtbW4AE6haR.jpg

@RobertTheClay

For good reason.

Dang!

He's looking long in the tooth!

CcgAQtbW4AE6haR.jpg

@RobertTheClay

For good reason.

Dang!

Yep. Coach Dye looks a little old also. :-\

I bet Gus has a great personality when he isn't in an interview. I think he learned from the Bill B. school for handling the media. Tell them as little as possible and hope it makes them leave you alone. I'm curious to see what Steele's style is. The defensive coaches interviews were about the only ones worth watching from a getting info perspective. If Steele has the same mindset as Gus then you can forget getting any real info on the team before A-day.

This is what i enjoyed about Muschamp. We actually got some sort of information from him. I get it in regards to Gus. I hardly ever watch his pressers anymore b/c there isn't any real information. Again, it's not a big deal to me how Gus goes about his answers b/c at the end of the day i'm just concerned about the production on the field.

Nothing wrong with Coach Dye being there checking things out. Odds are he won't be around to see too many more spring practices because he is getting up there in years.

Nothing wrong with Coach Dye being there checking things out. Odds are he won't be around to see too many more spring practices because he is getting up there in years.

Except that he is a big part of the Lowder & Rane behind the scenes meddlers.

Many here overestimate the power CPD actually has. And you are right, there is nothing wrong with him stopping by, I'm damn sure he's earned the right.

CcgAQtbW4AE6haR.jpg

@RobertTheClay

For good reason.

Dang!

Watch it there big boy.............................................I'm sensitive.....very sensitive

Many here overestimate the power CPD actually has. And you are right, there is nothing wrong with him stopping by, I'm damn sure he's earned the right.

it is laughable to me. CPD would always be welcome if it was up to me..

^I hope so. Given what WDEWDE said in the renovations thread about "not holding our breath" for a turnaround, I'm not so sure.

That was in response to people trusting Jay to do the renovation. I think this 2016 AU team is going to be pretty damn good. Getting Lawson & Adams to return is BIG BIG BIG time for AU.

^I hope so. Given what WDEWDE said in the renovations thread about "not holding our breath" for a turnaround, I'm not so sure.

He wasn't talking about a turn around, he was saying not to hold your breath that a turnaround would cause people to want to invest in renovations.

People are ready for the renovation and the money would be there. Just not Jay handling it or their money. So I was told.

Lowder & Rane were totally different and not in cahoots.

IMO Lowder did a lot of good for AU and his leadership is being missed on the BOT.

Rane was self serving.

Lowder & Rane were totally different and not in cahoots.

IMO Lowder did a lot of good for AU and his leadership is being missed on the BOT.

Rane was self serving.

I know for a fact that Lowder and Rane were working together when I was in school. They totally pulled the strings when Bowden was the coach. A personal friend got that information straight from Rane's mouth.

Not to start a spat but after meeting Bowden several times. I was just glad someone pulled the strings...

I'm just glad to see a new season get started. It's a New Day at AU with a fresh set of coaches doing work. WDE!

Not to start a spat but after meeting Bowden several times. I was just glad someone pulled the strings...

I'm definitely in no place to defend Bowden's character, and he may have needed to go, but I hate seeing underhanded, backroom dealings have any part of Auburn football.

I'm definitely in no place to defend Bowden's character, and he may have needed to go, but I hate seeing underhanded, backroom dealings have any part of Auburn football.

Every school has or has had the same type scenarios. Ours just always seems to go public! With a lot of help of the state media....

Every school has or has had the same type scenarios. Ours just always seems to go public! With a lot of help of the state media....

I wonder why Gus mistrusts the state media :dunno: :-\

Well, if nothing else, we should have a lot less holding from the LT position.

Smh

(sorry Cole)

... And how many holding penalties did we have at the left tackle position this year ... While blocking against the best DE's in the country ... While having a often times inept offense behind the LT ... (I actually don't know the answer but if the comment is serious then I'd like to know if our future NFL OL was the weak link on the O)

Coleman held quite a bit the year before last. But how can someone complain about his play this past year?

Archived