2016 Fall Camp - Practice 5

RunInRed

Just now, ellitor said:

He's been there repping with the 2nd & 3rd teams.

But he wasn't in any of the videos that just showed the DL going through drills.  In Day 4 or 5.  I am sure that would include all DL.  Day 4 even listed their names as it showed them and he wasn't there.  Just thought it strange.

16 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Thanks E.  So any word on where he has been during drills?

I remember the video you're talking about where Franklin was absent during the QB drill. Rhett said he was working with the holders during that session.

Much like Lawson, Russell is very mature for his age. Good leader.

Edited by WarEagle1983
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I remember the video you're talking about where Franklin was absent during the QB drill. Rhett said he was working with the holders during that session.

If he's working as the holder I can't see him being the qb

• Like 1

DTR, he threw for over 250 yards against Ole Miss. That was pretty noteworthy.

And, for clarity, I think he has a ways to go as a player, but I definitely think he has a higher ceiling than people imply. He was 19, and he was playing earlier than anyone expected him to be needed. Given the context of the season and his development, his numbers when healthy were pretty impressive.

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

How about this? 

Nuts or guts not much difference at my age. Just don't tell me when your going to do it,

If you have watched Gus coach even as a OC you will see his pet peeve if folks putting the ball on the ground, whether it be a RB or QB. You have seen over and over that he will start who he believes is not going to put the ball on the ground or turn it over. That is why JJ is out front at this point . Not a theory, actual facts. WDE 

I wouldn't mind Sean being the starter and bringing JFIII in for redzone packages. Maybe that will take place of the Kerryon wildcat package. I know we got a heck of a field goal kicker but I'd really like to see him kicking extra points this year instead of field goals. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

If you have watched Gus coach even as a OC you will see his pet peeve if folks putting the ball on the ground, whether it be a RB or QB. You have seen over and over that he will start who he believes is not going to put the ball on the ground or turn it over. That is why JJ is out front at this point . Not a theory, actual facts. WDE 

You mean the guy that threw 6 picks and fumbled at least twice in the first few games last year?   ;)

I do hope he has turned it around and becomes the QB thought he would be last year.  He is a class act and deserves something good to happen after last year.

5 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

When you guys say going live are you speaking in reference to tackling or throwing the kitchen sink at them from a schematic standpoint. Reason I ask is because several of JJ mistakes occurred when there was no pressure at all. I mean he literally threw the ball right to the LB against Louisville and Jax State. 

And sometimes he threw the ball backwards.

37 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

You mean the guy that threw 6 picks and fumbled at least twice in the first few games last year?   ;)

I do hope he has turned it around and becomes the QB thought he would be last year.  He is a class act and deserves something good to happen after last year.

He did seem to abandon that trend after coming back. I don't think Sean ever shed the Farve-esque label that some attached to him. If you gotta take the forced game changing balls of Sean vs convincing Jeremy to make the right pass more consistently, in Gus's mind, it would have to be a no brainer, eh?

2 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

But he wasn't in any of the videos that just showed the DL going through drills.  In Day 4 or 5.  I am sure that would include all DL.  Day 4 even listed their names as it showed them and he wasn't there.  Just thought it strange.

I thought you were asking about JF3 still. There has been no reports of Byron missing anything. In fact, scuddle-butt is the light has come on with him.Relax. 

14 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I might need to eat some crow for assuming Johnson was a distant third in the qb battle

Don't worry. You'll have plenty of company at the table. Pass the salt, would ya?

14 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Given the context of the season and his development

That's the thing. Those you would try to convince refuse to look at things within context. 

13 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Lol? What? So picks don't count? JJ isn't out front in the QB battle. 

Good. I'm happy, I'd be lying if I said this isn't what I wanted. No excuses, let's finally see how good the kid is

I know I've been saying it since the end of last year.  Sean is the more complete QB in terms of feel, throwing, field vision, and leadership in my opinion.  

Nobody can be outside of the locker room and gauge leadership from one person to another IMO.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Some of us have been saying this for a while.

Don't think this is a good idea. Especially as chippy as it can get when info isn't right. It will come back to bite you on a forum. People remember stuff 

• Like 1