2016 Fall Camp - Practice 5

RunInRed

I'm not sure how to feel about the 3 QB's not going live. We seemed to look great at QB last year in practice when it wasn't live and we all know how that went when guys on the other side starting knocking us in the teeth. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I'm not sure how to feel about the 3 QB's not going live. We seemed to look great at QB last year in practice when it wasn't live and we all know how that went when guys on the other side starting knocking us in the teeth. 

Agree.  They need to go live some (especially Jeremy Johnson).

wde

I guess the staff feels they've seen enough of JF3 live during the spring. I for one am still surprised the 3 vying for the job won't be live in at least the 1st scrimmage.

Gus mentioning that JJ, SW, aaannnddd JFIII can run the WHOLE  offense is nice little plug for the Juco transfer I think.

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

I hope you'll forgive for being a little suspicious about CGM knowing when a QB will be ready, considering the memory of Jeremy Johnson still lingering in my head. Gus blew that one, either he didn't see JJ wasn't ready or he ignored the warning signs. That falls directly on his shoulders. Hoping he's learned his lesson and will pay more attention to their progression. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Late to sign, late to practice...What's with this guy? Should we have just saved the scholarship? He's certainly not off to a good start. His Pops knows better than this, so what's up?

How on earth can you say this and you don't know why he was late? For all we know everybody on the team expected him to be late

• Like 2

CGM comments on the 3QBs ability to run the whole offense sounds contradictory to what Lashlee implied yesterday, doesnt it?  Excited to see who performs on Tuesday. Also watched SDJ highlights- looks like Eric Dickerson

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

On possibly playing all three quarterbacks in the season opener, "I doubt that will happen .... unless it was a trick play."

I actually was thinking about this at work. I thought it out pretty well. Sean comes in at QB, JF3 moves to HB, with Jeremy out wide.  Play action fake to JF3, Sean pitches it backwards to Jeremy. All this time, JF3 runs a go route and puts that 4.2 to use. Toss it up to him and allow him to make it happen.

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I actually was thinking about this at work. I thought it out pretty well. Sean comes in at QB, JF3 moves to HB, with Jeremy out wide.  Play action fake to JF3, Sean pitches it backwards to Jeremy. All this time, JF3 runs a go route and puts that 4.2 to use. Toss it up to him and allow him to make it happen.

and you think this would work, huh?......

Can anybody else remember a time in the last 30 years that we were in a situation where we have basically a completely new team of skill players?

Gus needs to let the quarterbacks go live - if all three can run the offense let'em get hit. Last year was a debacle if one goes down get the next one, even if it gets to Woody.

I am tired of this approach - Clemson will not play tag, neither will LSU and A&M.

time to get a lot tougher!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Qbs will not be live in the first scrimmage 

Auburn's quarterbacks will not be live during first scrimmage (FREE) rvls.co/2aK1bRn

I'm usually one to be very optimistic at the beginning of the season, but still having three players vy for the QB position is very disheartening. Especially, when one of them failed so badly last year. 

2 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

i wouldn't put a lot of stock in what malzahn says, but it could be true, since our offense consists of about 6 running plays, a bubble screen and "ya'll go long" pass plays

I normally don't LOL but this seriously got to me tonight.

1 hour ago, Roos said:

Gus needs to let the quarterbacks go live - if all three can run the offense let'em get hit. Last year was a debacle if one goes down get the next one, even if it gets to Woody.

I am tired of this approach - Clemson will not play tag, neither will LSU and A&M.

time to get a lot tougher!!!!!!!!!!!!

No major college team in the country has their QB's go live before and during the season. If it was even close to a good idea, somebody would be doing it. They are not. Look at the practice of any team you choose and you'll see the QB's in loud colored jerseys so they don't get hit.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No major college team in the country has their QB's go live before and during the season. If it was even close to a good idea, somebody would be doing it. They are not. Look at the practice of any team you choose and you'll see the QB's in loud colored jerseys so they don't get hit.

We did it in 2013.

1 minute ago, Plaric said:

We did it in 2013.

Really? I don't remember it that way, but it's possible.

• Like 1