Opining all things Gus (Merged)

tigerbrotha12

I don't believe anything that Malzahn says anymore. If he can't give people an honest injury report then he's lost all credibility with me. It's now gone beyond keeping information close to the vest. He's downright lying to reporters and the fans about the health of his team.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we dont do something about the offensive staff, Gus is done. We have the same game plan every week regardless of the opponent. Our passing game is middle school, our OL coach cannot teach OL to pass block apparently. Talent is there. Problems are on the coaching end and will not be fixed without changes.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

come on lion heart please do not pump any sunshine after this showing. even you have to see there needs to be sweeping changes throughout.

I saw a team that owned the Sooners until, once again, our only reliable QB went down. The only sweeping change I see we need is depth at QB.

Had we not been facing Baker "I can't be tackled" Mayfield... which I mentioned weeks ago could be a problem, we would have still given them a run for it.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

I saw a team that owned the Sooners until, once again, our only reliable QB went down. The only sweeping change I see we need is depth at QB.

Had we not been facing Baker "I can't be tackled" Mayfield... which I mentioned weeks ago could be a problem, we would have still given them a run for it.

............. sigh.

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

I don't believe anything that Malzahn says anymore. If he can't give people an honest injury report then he's lost all credibility with me. It's now gone beyond keeping information close to the vest. He's downright lying to reporters and the fans about the health of his team.

You do realize it wasn't Sean's shoulder... he broke his arm when he got hammered on that run.

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

Aren't these same fire gus threads getting old? Talk about beating a dead horse

so you disagree? there is good reason they come up.

Well... that's Gus' problem.  He has no faith in his team.  He lacks the killer instinct that a coach HAS to have to be successful!  

he's...

too conservative (predictable)...  too passive...  doesn't cuss...  doesn't demand respect from everyone he's around...  too stubborn...  doesn't plan...  can't adapt...  can't judge talent...  doesn't develop the talent that he has...  runs off our best recruiter to hire Kodi Burns... he picks his nose...  chews gum...  doesn't go for it on 4th and less than 1 when we HAVE to sustain a drive...  

These are just some of the things that annoy me about Gustav...

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You do realize it wasn't Sean's shoulder... he broke his arm when he got hammered on that run.

It is being reported he was not able to throw in yesterday's practice.

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

so you disagree? there is good reason they come up.

No I don't disagree. I've questioned Gus in the past. One example is needing a dynamic QB in order to win championships. We "back doored" into the sugar bowl and lost to another power 5 CC. My point is obviously nothing has changed since the UGA game so why another uproar to fire Gus? Anyone who watched the loss to aTm could tell the writing was on the wall after our 1st drive in the 2nd half

26 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Baker embarrassed our D tonight. Had him dead on for a sack twice and he escaped. Made #4 look foolish on one of his scrabbled. Second game in a row without a sack plus no turnovers in the Sugar Bowl for the D.

Im just connectinf dots here. I have no inside info.

WDE has always maintained Seans shoulder was still jacked up. He hinted at Sean getting an injection so he could play tonight in the game thread. (Remember Manziel in the 2013 game) Then sean apparently broke his arm or the injections effectiveness wore off.

News Flash! Gus is here for another year and we are tired of being mediocre. This time next year we will either be in the same boat or hoping the new staff can bring in a good class. Auburn is now the program we were in the mid 90s.....and mid 70s. :( 

46 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm referring to him trying to convince the public that Sean would play against UAT even after his injury in the UGA game. I'm talking about Gus saying that everyone was healthy and then learn right before kickoff from sideline reporters that Rudy Ford and Marcus Davis weren't dressed out. It's been like this all year. And if he sadly thinks that this is giving him some kind of advantage over his opponent, then that's embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

It's been obvious that the program is not headed in the right direction. Defense showed improvement with Steele. We are putting alot of faith in Stidham..sucks to wait until next year to see how this all shakes up. 

We got embarrassed tonight and Auburn deserved better. 

I'm praying Stidham is SuperMan 2.0(Cam like). He's going to have to be with this playcalling. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

The coaching staffs at Kansas State, Wisconsin, Western Michigan, and North Dakota State can all coach circles around this bunch, and they do it for pennies on the dollar. It is so easy to out scheme us. And a 5 star QB is not going to be enough to fix this mess. 

And don't need a bunch of 4 or 5 stars to get it done. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

No need to argue about SW anymore. That era is over, along with JF3.

Thank GOD!

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Kam Pettway had zero carries versus Clemson and Nate Craig-Myers had 4 catches all year. Both of those facts alone should qualify for a fireable offense for this staff. 

I'm still trying figure out why we'll throw a fade to a 5'5 WR who is like 2 inches taller than my 10 year old but we will not put Nate in to let him go up and get the ball. Basically what he does best. After watching an amazing game between USC / Penn State...it was so embarrassing for us to be the last Bowl game of the season until the Championship game. I mean that was just complete embarrassment! 

I'm sorry but the SW getting hurt excuse doesn't fly this game b/c guess what...SW wasn't even 100% before this game and we had a month to create some type of decent package for JF3 but NO...SW is going to be close to 100% says Gus..blah blah. 

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I hope you're right about that. I was hoping we'd have a better plan to move the ball if sean went down given a month to prepare. 

Here is what burns my a$$. Gus had over a month to get his team ready and this lop eared game plan is what he came up with. He and boy wonder keep coming up with this same crap filled offense against good teams (or even sub par teams like Georgia) and expects different results.

Get prepared to be even more angry in the offseason b/c i'm willing to bet any amount of money that if Rhett is still here he and Gus will continue to drag their feet with this offense. First, it will start with a prolonged QB race with SW and JS when most know JS should be running the show from day one. However, we'll hear Gus talk about how gutsy and how much of a warrior SW is (all true) but he'll waste up most of of the offseason splitting snaps between the two or giving SW most of the snaps b/c "he knows the offense."

SW could have two broken arms and legs but by the time they heal Gus would trot him right back out there to be the main guy. We'll hear how JS is coming along nicely..."we're slowly working him in"...blah..blah. Wasting even more time. All this will likely play out until August when we're STILL trying to figure out the starter instead of vitalizing a plan and backup plan around the starter and backup ASAP. This will all likely equal out to 8-5...once again losing to our biggest rivals UGA and Bama for sure and wasting a ton of talent. 

I see many people giving their perspective on the bowl game, so i hope you will allow me to give you mine.

Sean white could be a good starter for us, but apparently he is made of glass.  Love his attitude, effort, and passion for Auburn but he just breaks too easily.

JF3 has no business as a qb.  He just is not accurate enough.

Jeremy is still just Jeremy.  No cinderella story there.

I thought the OL played fairly well.

The receivers need someone to get them the ball, and it would be nice to see a few more sustained blockes for the rbs.

Rbs did what they could.

Carl lawson rushed himself out of almost every play.

The rest of the dl were ok, got pushed around some late, but we had issues wrappinwrapping up.

Our safeties are not very good at pass coverage.  Roberts hits like a truck, and is consistently out of position.  Matthews is 2 steps too slow all the time.  

Cbs played ok.  Sometimes got burned by Dede, but we knew that was going to happen.

Lbs were pretty good in the first half.  Not so much in the second.  We did not stay at home as well as we needed to, and the cutback lanes killed us.

What do you think?

Oh yeah and while the game had been pretty much decided by that point,there was some ... Questionable refereeing in that second half.

I thought our defensive line was thoroughly outplayed by OU's o-line. That was the biggest and most troubling surprise to me.

Archived