Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

You did not write this but well done ✅ 

What was your first clue that he didn't write it ?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tigerpaul53 said:

May be the Crown Royal talking, but is there any chance it Really is Briles and the  entire show has been smokescreen while AU lawyers do Do Diligence at Baylor on investigation documents.  I mean we really can't appear to be this incompetent without a concerted effort can we ?

JMO...but we only appear incompetent if one believes all the BS being floated out by the local sports hacks.  Those who are predisposed to negative thoughts about the coaching staff seem to jump at every opportunity that will support their views...such as the duplicitous "news" surrounding the OC hire.

I may be missing something but I don't understand why Chip Lindsey wouldn't be a good hire. 
He's a proven winner everywhere he's been.
His Qb's at Southern Miss have performed well as has the offense.

51 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

No the "why can't we recruit 10 5* recruits" crowd will come out just in time for signing day. You forget Auburn has the worst coaching staff in the country

I thought that the University of phoenix had the worst staff.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO...but we only appear incompetent if one believes all the BS being floated out by the local sports hacks.  Those who are predisposed to negative thoughts about the coaching staff seem to jump at every opportunity that will support their views...such as the duplicitous "news" surrounding the OC hire.

If you were listening to them we would be on plan M by now. 

Please just give me Sterling Gilbert and let's be done with it. His pass offenses have all dramatically improved from the team's previous year. And he proved this year that he can even work with and develop a freshman QB.

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

2 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

If you were listening to them we would be on plan M by now. 

And this thread has brought them out in force. 

47 minutes ago, WeagleTheBeagle said:

Bart Riles = Legit

Do you mean we have a Mile Boovment?

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

yep

What about Chip Gaines on the HGTV show Fixer Upper? I think this Chip is a Chip off of the old block. I love watching their show and know they are good folks.

Lets see how many coaches we can think of that have their first name being Chip

1 minute ago, The Plainsman said:

What if Lindsey brought Norvell with him?

Norvell is a head coach.

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

I think Gus is a good coach that has lost his way. The play calling and predictability can not be assigned to anyone but him. He is stubborn and needs help retooling his scheme, but I don't think he needs to be replaced...yet. That said, this search and the circus that is happening(not on boards but behind closed doors) is not Gus' fault. He had his guy...and the guy after that. There are power plays being made and agendas being pushed my many. That is what is causing this thing to become a cluster. I say that not out of contempt from the staff but my cynicism and the ineptitude by those in charge. 

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think Gus is a good coach that has lost his way. The play calling and predictability can not be assigned to anyone but him. He is stubborn and needs help retooling his scheme, but I don't think he needs to be replaced...yet. That said, this search and the circus that is happening(not on boards but behind closed doors) is not Gus' fault. He had his guy...and the guy after that. There are power plays being made and agendas being pushed my many. That is what is causing this thing to become a cluster. I say that not out of contempt from the staff but my cynicism and the ineptitude by those in charge. 

You are probably right but it will make no difference, come next December we will be looking for a new HC.

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Love my school, but for the life of me, I can't stand it that we seem to have power plays and agendas all the time when it comes to sports and team decisions. IMO, you have to let the coaches run the sport they are coaching.

Asked a knowledgeable UT friend what he thought about Gilbert possibly going to Auburn.

Mentioned that Matt Mattox has worked as O line coach with Gilbert in 2013 at Eastern Illinois, followed Gilbert to Bowling Green in 2014, followed Gilbert to Tulsa in 2015, followed Gilbert to Texas in 2016 and now followed Gilbert to USF.

Would Gus bail on Hand to get Gilbert, as Gilbert and Mattox might be a package deal?

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

If this was a power play over a HC hire it might be more understandable, but this is a freakin coordinator position. Why does anyone care? If Gus gets it wrong they are in a HC search next year, so why not just get out of he way?

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You know, Alabama and the REC gets a lot of blame from our fanbase, but I often think Auburn can be a worse enemy to Auburn than Alabama ever can be.

1 minute ago, Strychnine said:

You know, Alabama and the REC gets a lot of blame from our fanbase, but I often think Auburn can be a worse enemy to Auburn than Alabama ever can be.

Do you think we are treated differently by the media in a way that causes us to have to be more careful?  I think when Auburn makes the bold decision we usually do pretty well, despite the media backlash.  Sometimes we worry to much about perception.

Archived