What I hope to see on Saturday

abw0004

Good morning everyone,

I hope this finds you well.  We are now in the final home stretch for #14 Auburn, and I am very excited.  It all starts with Texas A&M, and here are a few things I will be looking out for:

Jeremiah Dinson:  Many may have forgotten, but two years ago, this was the game Jeremiah was blindsided by Ricky Seals-Jones on a targeting penalty that was overturned.  Seals-Jones bragged about this later that night.  This game will be Jeremiah's first game back into that stadium, so I hope he plays the best night of his career.  While it was fun last year watching Javaris Davis absolutely destroy Seals-Jones as payback for what he did to Dinson, I would love to see Dinson come full circle.

Defensive captains return:  Losing both Tre Williams and Tray Matthews was a huge blow to our defense.  Both were the play callers for our defense, quarterbacking the rest of the group what to do.  Losing both at the same time has hurt, and having both back will be much appreciated.  It would be like losing both our center and quarterback on offense, never good.

Healthy players:  This piggybacks the defensive captains, whom both have been hurt, but we all know injuries have not been kind as of late.  Having Tre Williams, Tray Matthews, Casey Dunn, Mike Horton, Darius James, Javaris Davis, and Marlon Davidson back to full speed will get us back to proper form.  Most are near 100%, if not there already.

Offensive Line:  Don't write off Texas A&M.  Currently they are second in the nation in sacks this year.  I am ready to see our starting offensive line take on this challenge to give us a glimpse of how they will protect Stidham and open lanes for our running backs against Georgia and Alabama.

Quarterbacks:  I want to see Stidham continue to make progress with his progressions and start to see the intermediate passes he can make.  I want him to show off what he can do with a line that can protect him.  We want teams to feel like they have to defend against everything when they play Auburn.  This also goes for Malik Willis, if he gets a chance to play this game.  I want to see the kid air it out.  We all know he can run, now lets see the arm.

Running backs:  Who will be used and how much?  This question many people love to answer for the team before a snap is played.  But with the unfortunate injury to Pettway, I hope to see KJ being rested more to preserve his health for future games.  I would really like to see Kam Martin and Malik Miller get some good snaps, and not just wheel routes.  Spread the wealth.

Coaching:  "Don't be afraid to make mistakes.  Make them quickly, learn from them, pivot and go a different direction."  This was taught to me at Auburn's Growth Strategies for Emerging Companies class by a man I hold in high regard.  I hope to see all of the coaches continue to learn from their previous mistakes and make the team stronger.

I am excited for this noon game.  It is a good litmus test, and the last road game for Auburn.  A big win against an SEC West (early) game at their place will give us HUGE momentum for the Georgia game, a game I have circled on my calendar since last year.  Let's get it done this weekend!  :wareagle:

35 minutes ago, alexava said:

A win with no injuries. 

Bingo. 

But what I would love to see is a dominating AU win with multiple running backs seeing action, more diverse play calling, and a defense that shuts out the other team. 

Strong showings on both sides and Gus keeps learning how to be a HC who guides and manages key moments during a game.   Not trying to call the plays or micromanaging the possessions/plays.   

A 14+ Point win sounds right now that TAMU is in a bit of slide, fighting some OL issues and QB has maxed out his freshman potential.  

"Coaching:  "Don't be afraid to make mistakes.  Make them quickly, learn from them, pivot and go a different direction."  

I don't think this can't be said enough. Coaches as well as the players need to take some risks and have a short memory if something doesn't work.

21 hours ago, DAG said:

Need a dominating win. Don't care how it gets done, just get it done.

But please don't run KJ into the ground doing so.  

wde

14 hours ago, Beaker said:

Gus keeps learning how to be a HC who guides and manages key moments during a game.   Not trying to call the plays or micromanaging the possessions/plays.

This is the most perplexing thing, dude's been coaching for 26 years and he stills need to learn this crap?

14 hours ago, Beaker said:

Strong showings on both sides and Gus keeps learning how to be a HC who guides and manages key moments during a game.   Not trying to call the plays or micromanaging the possessions/plays.   

A 14+ Point win sounds right now that TAMU is in a bit of slide, fighting some OL issues and QB has maxed out his freshman potential.  

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

This is the most perplexing thing, dude's been coaching for 26 years and he stills need to learn this crap?

One of these things is not like the other.

Just sayin'

Great post and your points summarize everything that needs to happen every game from now on. Unfortunately, two of the things mentioned seem unlikely: I have a feeling KJ will be run to death, and I would be shocked to see Willis throw the ball much, if any.

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

One of these things is not like the other.

Just sayin'

It's sad and I wasn't trying to be mean, I just don't know another way to say it.     

That's why I got off "the bus" as I sat in the stadium during the Mercer game.     

36 minutes ago, Beaker said:

It's sad and I wasn't trying to be mean, I just don't know another way to say it.     

That's why I got off "the bus" as I sat in the stadium during the Mercer game.     

Acknowledged, and

understood.

16 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I only want one thing.  If we happen to get up by a bunch early, keep the foot on the gas and go for the kill shot.

Good joke, dude.

Has anyone convinced Gus we are playing Arkansas this week yet? 

Archived