Drew Brees Comments

Grumps

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

You’ve yet to provide actual data....

And I’m probably one of the less left leaning members on here. 

What data do you want to see? I never suggested you were left or right leaning. 

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SocialCircle said:

I am simply suggesting even more lives could be saved if the focus was on where more lives are actually lost. 

You missed the point entirely!! 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

You missed the point entirely!! 

I see the point I just think the focus is misplaced and have clearly explained why and have yet to see the logic behind where the focus is. 

3 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

I see the point I just think the focus is misplaced and have clearly explained why and have yet to see the logic behind where the focus is. 

So Susan B Komen or LLS make no sense to you? 

With your logic LLS is useless or you dont understand the reason for LLS. 

LLS is Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for the record. 

16 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

I copied and pasted your quote about the war. It is there for all to see. 

Lol thank you. I rest my case. So we can all see the time stamps on the posts so how could you try to use a quote AFTER the original statement you made? Now you could maybe try to use a quote with a typo if you wanted but who would do that if they are telling the truth? A person telling the truth would relish for a person to tell them to quote them. It would be super easy to go to the original quote and show right? Unless you're not telling the truth and you're trying to bend and contort things.....

I definitely don't back and forth with people who try to lie and cheat

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

And lol at the empathy of who would want to become a police after the way they've been treated but an athlete that protested racism gave up his career and now he's a back up, doesn't mean anything and etc. 

You can't stop being black, they were enslaved for centuries built America no compensation, any talk of reparation makes everybody so angry, and it's not a choice you can't stop being black but there's no empathy for all the injustice or how we've been treated. In fact when asking about brutality from policemen the first thing you hear is well you kill each other fix that then we'll talk about you being killed by people sworn to protect....

But yeah policemen has such a bad deal....sucks to be them!

Would love for some of y'all to join me in really thinking about this comment. I doubt it has ever even occurred to most of us to say this about our own race. Imagine having reason to. I'm trying. 

Black Lives Matter.

13 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

And many hate the cops cause of beliefs they are all the same. The videos shows that. Kids telling a NFL player that supports Kap to FU because he is trying to help bridge the issues. They show where they are trying to work on resolutions and improvements with those community leaders. That stuff is going both ways. I mean Kap did say that cosmologist had more training them than to be fair.

Ali would of done it. Regardless of what the cops thought of him. I truly believe that.

Mine isn't an excuse. I see other NFL players trying to bridge this gap, understand both sides, and find a solution. I don't see Kap doing that stuff. I see him just building a marketing plan to line his own pocket.

But yes, we can agree to disagree on this and that is cool.

i have never been a cop hater. i have been treated very well by any cops i ever interacted with. hell i was running about seventy miles an hour down quintard in anniston and got pulled over. he first thought i had robbed a bank. when he realized i was just reckless and stupid he read me the riot act. after searching me and my car he did it again. i was newly divorced, driving a firebird, and heading to my hometown for the weekend after getting off early. he told me he would be on the look out for me and if i even looked funny he would throw me under the jail. as for kap ol roger just now said he wished he had listened to kap and the others now. i have heard a lot of police do not receive adequate training. again, he is trying to save lives and people still pick on him for one thing or another and they would take away his right to protest if they could. you remember ali was hated when he went to prison right? death threats and all the mess that comes with it. when he passed he was one of america's beloved. i never liked cap when he beat cam in the superbowl and kept making the superman sign several times. i thought he showed no class. i do understand what he is trying to do which makes him a target for hate and redicule. but he donates money to food banks and helps the poor all the time. or did. i have not kept up with him lately. but they took his job from him over a peaceful protest. i do not like it and never will even tho i did not care for his sportsmanship.

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol thank you. I rest my case. So we can all see the time stamps on the posts so how could you try to use a quote AFTER the original statement you made? Now you could maybe try to use a quote with a typo if you wanted but who would do that if they are telling the truth? A person telling the truth would relish for a person to tell them to quote them. It would be super easy to go to the original quote and show right? Unless you're not telling the truth and you're trying to bend and contort things.....

I definitely don't back and forth with people who try to lie and cheat

You said that you never said the Civil War freed the slaves. I have no idea why it matters when you said it. Based on your ramblings I still have no idea if what you believe.  Please clarify- do you believe the Civil War resulted in freedom for slaves.... yes or no? 

7 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

So Susan B Komen or LLS make no sense to you? 

With your logic LLS is useless or you dont understand the reason for LLS. 

LLS is Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for the record. 

Please quit trying to spin what I say. I’ve already explained I never said ignore any cancer. I simply said more time and effort should be spent on the cancer that occurs more often and kills more people. You know what. My perception it that there is more focus on breast cancer. I mean what color do you wear to support those with leukemia? What type of cancer research receives more donations from Americans? So you are unwittingly making my point for me. It appears to me the outrage directed towards police brutality by the Black Lives Matter movement is out of proportion with the problem when you look at what the leading causes are for loss of black lives. I’ve still not seen a logical explanation for it. 

9 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

The fact I stated about more whites being killed by police is true. You are changing your story now about the Civil War. You must have mistyped something by mistake because you are now contradicting yourself. You need to go back and read your own posts or go back and edit them as it relates to the Civil War. And blacks  do commit proportionally more violent crime than whites.  So you still haven’t shown where I got any fact wrong. You won’t be able to either. 

you think more whites are killed in america right? have you thought why? there are more whites in america. that means your statement is misleading. the question is if you are smart as you think you are why are you throwing stuff like this out here? if you mislead people about something so obvious does it mean you are lying? people are trying to find common ground and you are fighting them every step of the way.

wow..........just wow. police are sworn to protect and serve period. the others are gangbangers who care little for the law. your kind of thinking is just another way to suggest maybe all blacks should be treated like gangbangers. people that say things like you do tend too often not to separate the two and that causes trouble. some use the things you just pointed out to mistreat blacks because they are all the same. it is a different world. because people like you want to argue over peaceful protests people have died to include police. how is that working out for you?

32 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you think more whites are killed in america right? have you thought why? there are more whites in america. that means your statement is misleading. the question is if you are smart as you think you are why are you throwing stuff like this out here? if you mislead people about something so obvious does it mean you are lying? people are trying to find common ground and you are fighting them every step of the way.

I am not fighting anyone. This country is completely united and I strongly support seeing the officers involved in the murder of George Floyd being prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I hope all bad cops who do wrong are always brought to justice. 
I have said multiple times three things and they are all important. More whites are killed by police than blacks. Blacks are killed proportionally  at a higher rate than whites by police. The third point shows why only saying blacks are killed proportionally at a higher rate than whites is misleading and why those trying to use this are hypocritical. The third point is that blacks commit proportionally more violent crime in this country than do whites. So have you thought why a higher percentage of blacks are killed by police? Could it be because blacks commit proportionally more violent crime? 
This  dialogue demonstrates why many times this discussion in a one way street. I accept and acknowledge and have even said repeatedly that proportionally more blacks are killed by police than whites. I have yet to see anyone mention or acknowledge the fact that blacks commit proportionally more violent crime than whites in this country. 

2 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

I am not fighting anyone. This country is completely united and I strongly support seeing the officers involved in the murder of George Floyd being prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I hope all bad cops who do wrong are always brought to justice. 
I have said multiple times three things and they are all important. More whites are killed by police than blacks. Blacks are killed proportionally  at a higher rate than whites by police. The third point shows why only saying blacks are killed proportionally at a higher rate than whites is misleading and why those trying to use this are hypocritical. The third point is that blacks commit proportionally more violent crime in this country than do whites. So have you thought why a higher percentage of blacks are killed by police? Could it be because blacks commit proportionally more violent crime? 

this country is not completely united. where have you been the last couple of weeks? we just arrested two white kids in my area for spray painting black lives matteron gravestones  in an attempt to blame blacks. when questioned by police the said they wanted to help start a race war. a few years ago my city let go two officers who were functioning klan members. a dozen or more people have tried to point out things to you on here and some are even somewhat right leaning. according to you and all the points you argue we are all full of crap. you cannot say the murder of george floyd was bad and still support the kind of thinking that got us where we are today. you enjoy that. you are a trump guy which means you are an enabler anyway. i am done.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

this country is not completely united. where have you been the last couple of weeks? we just arrested two white kids in my area for spray painting black lives matteron gravestones  in an attempt to blame blacks. when questioned by police the said they wanted to help start a race war. a few years ago my city let go two officers who were functioning klan members. a dozen or more people have tried to point out things to you on here and some are even somewhat right leaning. according to you and all the points you argue we are all full of crap. you cannot say the murder of george floyd was bad and still support the kind of thinking that got us where we are today. you enjoy that. you are a trump guy which means you are an enabler anyway. i am done.

I don’t like Trump, but unlike many I can separate my personal emotions and see some actions he has taken have helped America and specifically the black community.

I agree there is evil in this world and I am united against all of the evil you mentioned. 

This is yet another example of the one way street I have mentioned. 

44 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This country is completely united? Surely that was a typo?

Yes and sorry about that. I should have said this country is very close to 100% (as almost nothing is 100%) behind what the police did to George Floyd was murder and was horrible was terrible and unjust. Yes, the vast majority of this country is absolutely united on this. Looking back at what you are referring to; I could have been much more clear on this in that post. 

57 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

wow..........just wow. police are sworn to protect and serve period. the others are gangbangers who care little for the law. your kind of thinking is just another way to suggest maybe all blacks should be treated like gangbangers. people that say things like you do tend too often not to separate the two and that causes trouble. some use the things you just pointed out to mistreat blacks because they are all the same. it is a different world. because people like you want to argue over peaceful protests people have died to include police. how is that working out for you?

No way am I suggesting in any way so ever that all blacks should be treated as gangbangers. That is insane. I support peaceful protests over anything. I am against anybody mistreating anyone unjustly. I am not at all arguing over any peaceful protest.It does my heart good to see police join in.  I am asking for an explanation about the focus and nobody has been able to logically explain it to me. I am against protesters who destroy property and who steal by the way. The data indicates police brutality has been improving over time. I do agree we can always do better though. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Listen, I like to think me and you are similar as you probably a better person as you seem to have more charisma and more likeable and I feel I'm more short tempered but please, because I love you don't. It will be the most confusing and frustrating conservation you'll have. I promise you

I said this country foundation is supposedly built on equality and he told me wrong again....then agreed two posts later

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yes it was not 100% united but 99.7% 

2 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Please quit trying to spin what I say. I’ve already explained I never said ignore any cancer. I simply said more time and effort should be spent on the cancer that occurs more often and kills more people. You know what. My perception it that there is more focus on breast cancer. I mean what color do you wear to support those with leukemia? What type of cancer research receives more donations from Americans? So you are unwittingly making my point for me. It appears to me the outrage directed towards police brutality by the Black Lives Matter movement is out of proportion with the problem when you look at what the leading causes are for loss of black lives. I’ve still not seen a logical explanation for it. 

You have completely missed the point. Again. 

BLM has chosen to address police brutality. That is their focus, other groups can focus on the other stuff. Just as my example with the cancers. That is the logical explanation, yet you choose to ignore it. 

2 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

You said that you never said the Civil War freed the slaves. I have no idea why it matters when you said it. Based on your ramblings I still have no idea if what you believe.  Please clarify- do you believe the Civil War resulted in freedom for slaves.... yes or no? 

Ok. Could you show your reference on any of your stats such as America being united, police brutality being down, or blacks commit more violent crimes?

Thanks in advance for not being able to

Just now, cole256 said:

Ok. Could you show your reference on any of your stats such as America being united, police brutality being down, or blacks commit more violent crimes?

I've asked him for all the data last night. He can't provide it. And he chooses to ignore the reasoning why BLM focuses on police brutality and not other causes. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Listen, I like to think me and you are similar as you probably a better person as you seem to have more charisma and more likeable and I feel I'm more short tempered but please, because I love you don't. It will be the most confusing and frustrating conservation you'll have. I promise you

Aw man, appreciate you brother. It was an honest question, though. Sometimes leaving out a "not" here or saying "united" instead of "divided" there happens. Either way, you're right, not much point in going down that road. 

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/table-43

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-21

The attached clearly shows the percent of the white and black populations in the US.  It also shows the percentage of violent crime committed by blacks is higher than the percentage of blacks in our total population.  Of course, it also shows the violent crimes committed by whites is lower than the percentage of the white population in this country.  

I have provided reference for the fact that blacks commit proportionally more violent crimes than whites. Do you now acknowledge this fact?  If not, there is no use in discussing with you any longer as you refuse to accept facts and it is too hard to have a reasonable discussion with someone who invents their own narrative because they refuse to accept facts.  

11 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I've asked him for all the data last night. He can't provide it. And he chooses to ignore the reasoning why BLM focuses on police brutality and not other causes. 

I don't ignore it at all.  I accept that is the focus and I haven't seen anyone explain the reasoning. I just don't understand why that is the practically the sole focus and nobody can offer a reasonable explanation except that is what the focus is.  I am trying to understand why that is the focus as I still don't understand why.  I provided data and will provide more if the other poster acknowledges he accepts the facts proven by the data I just presented.  If he doesn't, then there is no use in discussing this further. 

Archived