Matthew Hill Enters the Transfer Portal

Zeek

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Schwartz has 422 yards. 

bama has 3 guys over 500, including the guy that only played 4 games. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29jh0x1ju8gjsnf6iykk

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29jh0x1ju8gjsnf6iykk

You saw what they would do with a guy like that. Ruggs went in the first round in the draft

I read with Hill transferring, the four top rated signees  from the 2018 class are or will be gone. Why, at this time, would any top rated recruit come to Auburn? :headscratch:

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Schwartz has 422 yards. 

bama has 3 guys over 500, including the guy that only played 4 games. 

I'm not sure your source, but I'm seeing 500 plus for him on 3 different sites. What I'm seeing translates to 919 yards over 13 games. My whole point is that I wasnt sure that was worth a tweet with a pinocchio nose towards the coaches. I seriously doubt it was that looking at all the factors. Schwartz seems like a great kid to me. 

I remember the search committee saying they wanted to hit a home run with the hire which brought us Gus, the  talking mule, (or jackass), be however you want to view it. I think hiring Gus qualifies as having reached on an error.

14 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

I'm not sure your source, but I'm seeing 500 plus for him on 3 different sites. What I'm seeing translates to 919 yards over 13 games. My whole point is that I wasnt sure that was worth a tweet with a pinocchio nose towards the coaches. I seriously doubt it was that looking at all the factors. Schwartz seems like a great kid to me. 

Apologies, you're right. The NCAA hasn't updated their site with the most recent game. Still, they hadn't updated their site with anyone else's stats, either, so Schwartz still isn't doing big things relative to the rest of the sport. And I maintain that our wide receivers probably expected a lot more for themselves out of this season.  (Like most everyone else- imagine how the TEs feel!)

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

I agree 100%. Gus has been able to accumulate weapons, but he has no idea how to maximize them or use them with his other weapons at the same time.

The bus will never run correctly again. He’s losing the team and he has had no solutions since his 2nd year. The next few years are going to be very very bad, because talent is not going to be committing here, because the staff does not know how to maximize it. I will always be an AU fan, but I do have better more important things to do than continue to waste 3.5 hours on a Saturday to watch poorly coached uninspired football. This is just the beginning of a huge mess I’m afraid. Then again, that seems to be the Auburn mantra. MEDIOCRITY or worse at its finest. 

40 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I read with Hill transferring, the four top rated signees  from the 2018 class are or will be gone. Why, at this time, would any top rated recruit come to Auburn? :headscratch:

They aren't.

Sometimes transfers are just "oh well hope it works out good luck". This aint one of those. 

34 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

The bus will never run correctly again. He’s losing the team and he has had no solutions since his 2nd year. The next few years are going to be very very bad, because talent is not going to be committing here, because the staff does not know how to maximize it. I will always be an AU fan, but I do have better more important things to do than continue to waste 3.5 hours on a Saturday to watch poorly coached uninspired football. This is just the beginning of a huge mess I’m afraid. Then again, that seems to be the Auburn mantra. MEDIOCRITY or worse at its finest. 

It's been a roller coaster for the last 6 yrs, then a slow and steady decline and now with the embarrassing losses to the piss poor '21 recruiting class and the loss of another one of he top 4 players from the '18 class it looks like a snowball building rapidly.

We needed more speed at Safety this season. Smoke hits like a ton of bricks but does not have the speed or instincts to be a good cover Safety. Smoke skills would be top notch against a running team but when a team has as many speedy receivers as bama he is over matched. I would have liked to see us trying Hill at Safety he has the required speed to be a cover Safety. Now he is gone.

As for Schwartz we used a WR with world class speed and very good hands and who is not real big as a position receiver instead of taking advantage of his hands. The passes we threw to him were usually short and where multiple people could hit him after the catch. He plays hard but is not used properly probably because Bo couldn't consistently take advantage of his skill set. Slants behind LB and in front of safety where he catches ball in stride would allow him the opportunity to go to the house similar to bama receivers on similar routes. These type slants don't take long easing burden on O-Line. With the receivers we have these should have been bread and butter plays for us that would also open up TE's for short possession type passes if LB drops to take away quick slant or blitz's. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Flash should have 1000 yards easy . Fastest dude in college . I don’t care if it is all purpose. He should be having that Percy Harvin effect.

Any other team in the country and he would be getting at least 3-4 deep balls every game.  Running slants and posts and giving defensive coordinators and dbs nightmares

2 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

It's time y'all. If Jimbo beats us this weekend that will be yet another SEC team that's passed us by. Luke Fickell or Matt Campbell could get this turned around but it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. 

6 hours ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

Another A-Day standout that you never from again. I don't get it. The guy can play receiver, but was never given a chance.

I think it's actually a curse at this point for someone to succeed on that stage. Hell you could contend Joey was the best QB that day and...Malik was too. 

For Hill, knew it was a matter of time...I was watching the Iron Bowl from 2019 and he was returning kick-offs and  catching passes....don't how much he played on Saturday, but his 'role' had definitely been cut....Detroit Tigers fans say with all the guys they've traded or left, they could compete for a world series...I kinda believe the same can be said about the players that have left Auburn; we could compete for the title...

auburn football needs an enema.........flush the crap.............get some real fiber in down there............

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

auburn football needs an enema.........flush the crap.............get some real fiber in down there............

Metamucil + Toomer's Lemonade

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Metamucil + Toomer's Lemonade

sani flush footlong chili dog   lol

13 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

For Hill, knew it was a matter of time...I was watching the Iron Bowl from 2019 and he was returning kick-offs and  catching passes....don't how much he played on Saturday, but his 'role' had definitely been cut....Detroit Tigers fans say with all the guys they've traded or left, they could compete for a world series...I kinda believe the same can be said about the players that have left Auburn; we could compete for the title...

Because all of Auburn's transfers have done so well elsewhere? The last big meltdown here was Joey Gatewood. At Kentucky he's 17/35 for 109 yards, one interception, 0 TD's, five sacks and a QB rating of 69.0 Before that, Asa Martin leaving was the big heartburn. Martin was running 5th string when he left AU. After a spring at Miami where he was again running 5th string there, he transferred to Memphis, sat out a year and has now moved all the way up to 4th string RB at Memphis.

These guys usually look elsewhere because they aren't good enough to play here. Across the country, the transfer portal floors are littered with former 4* recruits who have turned into 1* college players. I do wish those who transfer out well, but so far it looks like their leaving has benefited both parties in that AU has an open scholarship slot and the player may end up at a place where he has opposition he can compete against.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Because all of Auburn's transfers have done so well elsewhere? The last big meltdown here was Joey Gatewood. At Kentucky he's 17/35 for 109 yards, one interception, 0 TD's, five sacks and a QB rating of 69.0 Before that, Asa Martin leaving was the big heartburn. Martin was running 5th string when he left AU. After a spring at Miami where he was again running 5th string there, he transferred to Memphis, sat out a year and has now moved all the way up to 4th string RB at Memphis.

These guys usually look elsewhere because they aren't good enough to play here. Across the country, the transfer portal floors are littered with former 4* recruits who have turned into 1* college players. I do wish those who transfer out well, but so far it looks like their leaving has benefited both parties in that AU has an open scholarship slot and the player may end up at a place where he has opposition he can compete against.

You left out the guys that were successful.....I know probably by accident. Easy to bring up JG but not talk about mw. As far as good for both parties that will always be the case. If they are good when they leave you say it's because they aren't here and if they are bad you say they couldn't compete here. It's a win/win argument you keep trying to push. 

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

"Why didn't I take that Clemson offer"

- Matthew Hill

This! Probably would be on a NFL draft board

On 12/1/2020 at 2:26 PM, McLoofus said:

Somebody just tweeted that our top 4 recruits in Hill's class were him, Coynis Miller, Harold Joiner and Joey Gatewood. Hahahaha holy crap hahahahaha

What are you getting at here? Sounds like we need to extend the head coach to me if we’re going by the standard.

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

You left out the guys that were successful.....I know probably by accident. Easy to bring up JG but not talk about mw. As far as good for both parties that will always be the case. If they are good when they leave you say it's because they aren't here and if they are bad you say they couldn't compete here. It's a win/win argument you keep trying to push. 

This is legitimately a question because I don’t know.  Has Malik Willis played any teams that are any good?

As an aside, it looks like Woody Barrett is transferring again today.  

Archived