Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Daniels would be a 1 and done wherever he goes. Would love to have him here but don’t think the staff is interested. Could certainly help the short term but I like who we currently have to be fair. 

You never know what players or coaches may really think. One and done might well allow for a year of development for our current QB’s.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Daniels would be a 1 and done wherever he goes. Would love to have him here but don’t think the staff is interested. Could certainly help the short term but I like who we currently have to be fair. 

Interesting to me that you can see a QB room with Calzada, Finley and two guys who haven’t taken a snap in a game and feel good about it. You have that much faith in Calzada or Finley to come along?

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

You never know what players or coaches may really think. One and done might well allow for a year of development for our current QB’s.

You are correct, would love to have him just not sold he would want to come here but who knows.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Interesting to me that you can see a QB room with Calzada, Finley and two guys who haven’t taken a snap in a game and feel good about it. You have that much faith in Calzada or Finley to come along?

Calzada yes, Findley no with his mobility 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, autan said:

I would take Daniels if you can get him. Not sure why we need Ashford when we have DD and HG.

I don’t even think the staff acknowledges DD as a player on the team at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, autan said:

I would take Daniels if you can get him. Not sure why we need Ashford when we have DD and HG.

They must be preparing for if both TJ and DD go. Ideally you keep one of them (likely TJ) and go after a guy in the spring, but maybe they want the entire QB room from last year gone. Guess I couldn't blame them lol

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, au302 said:

They must be preparing for if both TJ and DD go. Ideally you keep one of them (likely TJ) and go after a guy in the spring, but maybe they want the entire QB room from last year gone. Guess I couldn't blame them lol

TJ has to sit if he goes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I believe he sits regardless.  Either out a season for another team or on our bench.  Harsh, but based on what I saw this past season, anyone could come in and give the same results or more.  Would love for him to prove me wrong and improve tremendously during the spring.  I have no problem eating crow if it means Auburn becomes better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

He could go Juco but unlikely. Like above said he'll be riding pine somewhere regardless. Hopefully it's here as third string, just that nothing shocks me

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t even think the staff acknowledges DD as a player on the team at this point. 

Please tell me if I missed something but I have not heard or see Coach Harsin or staff talk or say anything about DD. Very unusual. I have never seen other Teams Coaches do this. Maybe I just missed it.  Confused especially given we dont have that many QBs. Thanks

1 minute ago, Muscle Shoals Tiger said:

Please tell me if I missed something but I have not heard or see Coach Harsin or staff talk or say anything about DD. Very unusual. I have never seen other Teams Coaches do this. Maybe I just missed it.  Confused especially given we dont have that many QBs. Thanks

Hell if I know. I’m guessing Harsin, Bobo and Austin Davis have looked at DD and determined he ain’t that guy. 

I’ll tell you what though, if he leaves and goes somewhere and pulls a Malik Willis, I think I’ll be sick.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Muscle Shoals Tiger said:

He did talk about him during bowl practice time.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Muscle Shoals Tiger said:

It's probably because he's a recruit of the former regime. Harsh, but how it goes. I'm sure they've worked with him, but at the end of the day he's both short and apparently has below average arm strength. This is the opposite of what Harsin wants. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muscle Shoals Tiger said:

Talked positively about after a summer scrimmage and during bowl practice.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

JT Daniels will probably end up at Ole Miss? :dunno:

Has Jaxson Dart picked a school yet?  I had him penciled in at Ole Miss but if not then it would be a good landing spot for Daniels.  

5 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I think now that Robby is on board that ends our QB search. I’m excited to see what happens after a true QB competition. I would expect either TJ or DD to leave though. 

Well we now know the QB Room is stocked. All that’s left is for the Coaches to pull some OL in the door and come up with a solid Offensive mindset for Spring and Fall.

I wouldn't be too quick to say we're done. Crazy, I know, but if TJ and DD both go we'd be at 3 and could take another if the right guy comes up. Would probably have to be a high potential stud like Vandagriff though

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 1:35 PM, jknighton said:

I would be SHOCKED to see Ashford commit to us.

When you're wrong, you're wrong...Welcome & WDE!

• Like 5