Jump to content

When are we giving CBP a raise?


AlaskanFAN

Recommended Posts

The first shoe of a coach being fired dropped with UofL firing Mack today. CBP’s name will be linked to a lot of openings. I say we sign him now before rumor mill explodes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites





Auburn announces those things post season, so no matter what happens I highly doubt it gets publicly finished until then. Now, they might start negotiations and leak that they’re doing negotiations so they don’t look like they’re operating from a stance of weakness 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was discussing this earlier with someone and it was actually a  productive conversation lol. Just running some rough numbers, Auburn Arena holds "9121" (more with students packed in). Out of those I would think that roughly 6000 of those are season tickets. If the average season ticket is $1500 (pretty sure its more). You're talking about $9mil from season ticket sales alone, on the lowball end. Give that to Bruce for him and his coaching staff. The highest paid staff member is currently at $280,000. However, theres a lot more money coming in from donations, tv contracts, merchandise sales, and tournament appearances. 9million would allow the entire staff to make a good bit more as well as effectively guarantee $6million a year to Bruce. That's a $2.02mil a year raise, guaranteed. After that, negotiate your incentive goals for things like NCAA tourney appearances, sweet sixteen, final four, and sec championships. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure they will get a deal done. I feel like Bruce knows he can be the all time great at Auburn and he is pretty much a living legend here already. It looks like he is on the brink of building Auburn into a blue blood and I don't think he gives that up to go to another school. I also don't think Auburn is dumb enough to let a legend leave.

Edited by TheDob06
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have it in my head that Bruce really loves Auburn for Auburn and would never leave for a number of reasons.  But you just never know when the blue bloods with $$$$ come calling. I guess we’ll find out what he really thinks of AU this year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

I was discussing this earlier with someone and it was actually a  productive conversation lol. Just running some rough numbers, Auburn Arena holds "9121" (more with students packed in). Out of those I would think that roughly 6000 of those are season tickets. If the average season ticket is $1500 (pretty sure its more). You're talking about $9mil from season ticket sales alone, on the lowball end. Give that to Bruce for him and his coaching staff. The highest paid staff member is currently at $280,000. However, theres a lot more money coming in from donations, tv contracts, merchandise sales, and tournament appearances. 9million would allow the entire staff to make a good bit more as well as effectively guarantee $6million a year to Bruce. That's a $2.02mil a year raise, guaranteed. After that, negotiate your incentive goals for things like NCAA tourney appearances, sweet sixteen, final four, and sec championships. 

Yeah. What does Calipari make, $8m?

putting Bruce about $6m puts him 2nd I’m sure. That’s a great accomplishment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Yeah. What does Calipari make, $8m?

putting Bruce about $6m puts him 2nd I’m sure. That’s a great accomplishment. 

Yeah, he is at $8mil and Coach K is at like $7.6 mil I think? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

I'm sure they will get a deal done. I feel like Bruce knows he can be the all time great at Auburn and he is pretty much a living legend here already. It looks like he is on the brink of building Auburn into a blue blood and I don't think he gives that up to go to another school. I also don't think Auburn is dumb enough to let a legend leave.

Yes, but damn, let's get him locked up for life, rename the arena after him, and watch AU become a blue blood that any coach in the country would be interested in after Pearl retires.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Yes, but damn, let's get him locked up for life, rename the arena after him, and watch AU become a blue blood that any coach in the country would be interested in after Pearl retires.

They’re not going to lock him up for life. 
 

that’s Coach K stuff. 
 

they will do plenty to make all happy. 
 

theres more to accomplish first. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

They’re not going to lock him up for life. 
 

that’s Coach K stuff. 
 

they will do plenty to make all happy. 
 

theres more to accomplish first. 

Agreed. If he wins a national title at Auburn (he will) then you start with that stuff. In the mean time you make him one of the highest paid coaches in value and give him whatever other program advantages or things that he suggests that we need. We're well on our way to that as we speak. 

IMHO if he leaves Auburn, it won't be about money. It'll be frustration with JABA or his heart taking him to a dream job. The dream job list is probably short and time is not on his side to make that jump, really. I think we're good.

 

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Agreed. If he wins a national title at Auburn (he will) then you start with that stuff. In the mean time you make him one of the highest paid coaches in value and give him whatever other program advantages or things that he suggests that we need. We're well on our way to that as we speak. 

IMHO if he leaves Auburn, it won't be about money. It'll be frustration with JABA or his heart taking him to a dream job. The dream job list is probably short and time is not on his side to make that jump, really. I think we're good.

 

And I don’t think one of his dream jobs would be Louisville. 
not any more. Louisville is not like the old days. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure about posting other site stuff, but Justin Hokansan made this article free. https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/commentary-bruce-pearl-staff-are-wanted-auburn-administration-must-take-action/

The below stuck out and makes me super nervous.

 

Quote

Auburn’s administration had an opportunity recently to address the pay issues, but instead, told Pearl that raises for the staff weren’t going to happen at the moment. According to sources, Auburn’s administration has been reluctant on addressing certain items that Pearl and Co. want when it comes to the basketball program. That simply can not continue.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just can't see Bruce having interest in UL, but stranger things have happened. UL thinks their pedigree means more than it does imo. We just need to pony up, and CBP needs to shut this down and move forward with the season. No need for another team's failure to be our distraction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LeonardAU said:

Not sure about posting other site stuff, but Justin Hokansan made this article free. https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/commentary-bruce-pearl-staff-are-wanted-auburn-administration-must-take-action/

The below stuck out and makes me super nervous.

 

 

That is pathetic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our history shows we overpay for mediocrity and underpay greatness.  I hope we don't screw this up but have absolutely no trust in our decision makers.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LeonardAU said:

Not sure about posting other site stuff, but Justin Hokansan made this article free. https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/commentary-bruce-pearl-staff-are-wanted-auburn-administration-must-take-action/

The below stuck out and makes me super nervous.

 * looks on rolodex under ‘S’ *

”Clean up on aisle 9, Jimmy”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LeonardAU said:

Not sure about posting other site stuff, but Justin Hokansan made this article free. https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/commentary-bruce-pearl-staff-are-wanted-auburn-administration-must-take-action/

The below stuck out and makes me super nervous.

 

 

that's got to be old quotes from probably a year or so ago.

All the improvements for Pearl have been coming forward after the General got involved.

As a matter of fact, I remember the basketball team getting plane rides recently, so I think all the things Bruce needs is going to get done, and probably already told to him in conversations.

But we're in the middle of a great season, and there is no reason to force the admin or PTB to put anything out publicly.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LeonardAU said:

Not sure about posting other site stuff, but Justin Hokansan made this article free. https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/commentary-bruce-pearl-staff-are-wanted-auburn-administration-must-take-action/

The below stuck out and makes me super nervous.

 

 

Sounds like Auburn. They’ve seemed to fail every time a non-football program has had a moment of success and needed some support. (You could contend with football too but I don’t want to lol) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think things’ll work out the right way, but I am of the belief that Flanigan Srwould stay for the promotion. I feel like there’s not much you can do salvage some of the blue chips you’ve been looking at, it’s just such a massive shift 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

I just can't see Bruce having interest in UL, but stranger things have happened. UL thinks their pedigree means more than it does imo.

UL is a frickin mess at the moment they have a Interim President and Interim AD. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

UL is a frickin mess at the moment they have a Interim President and Interim AD. 

Agree, I don't think Louisville is very attractive for Pearl at this time.  We are a program on the rise while they are headed in the opposite direction. But, at the end of the day money does a lot of talking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Auburn announces those things post season, so no matter what happens I highly doubt it gets publicly finished until then. Now, they might start negotiations and leak that they’re doing negotiations so they don’t look like they’re operating from a stance of weakness 

https://oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/auburn-proactively-pursuing-contract-extension-for-bruce-pearl/article_32efe39e-7fa7-11ec-bad4-4be02c77e3f3.html

what I expected 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Members Online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...