The Justin Powell Saga (Merged)

tgrogan21

On 3/16/2021 at 3:36 PM, cole256 said:

I wish we had more alpha males on the board. I've never seen so many guys who feelings get hurt when you don't agree with them. 

You guys sure clique up quick though 😂

That would eliminate you from that also.  You're as thin skinned as it comes.  And you don't know everything.  Just another spoiled rich kid who thinks he knows everything.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, REALTORTiger said:

That would eliminate you from that also.  You're as thin skinned as it comes.  And you don't know everything.  Just another spoiled rich kid who thinks he knows everything.

😂😂😂  

Most important 😂😂 when we play southern Union maybe against a team with a pulse not so much

On 3/22/2021 at 10:14 AM, cole256 said:

Most important 😂😂 when we play southern Union maybe against a team with a pulse not so much

What does that even mean? If I missed something, I apologise in advance. I'm old, you know.  

40 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

What does that even mean? If I missed something, I apologise in advance. I'm old, you know.  

It means basketball and football too are easier to play against lesser competition. 

• ellitor changed the title to Justin Powell to transfer (4/3/21: To Vols)
3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Posted about it in the recruiting thread. I was too lazy to look for the thread, thanks . :D

This is just a really odd decision, IMO. GL to the kid except when he plays us and Auburn continues to dominate TN in BBall.

6 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

This is just a really odd decision, IMO

@tgrogan21 Word is Cal got his dad interested in UK & thinking they would offer. But when daddy pulled Justin from AU the UK offer never came. Word is Justin didn't have much of a say in any of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Word is Cal hot his dad interested in UK & thinking they would offer. But when daddy pulled Justin from AU the UK offer never came. Word is Justin didn't have much of a say in any of that.

Knew about the daddy being a helicopter parent. Didn't know about UK not even offering. Calipari is cold blooded. lol

This is what? His fifth school in six years? Sixth in five years? Apparently his daddy is just as bad as some of the "handlers" we've seen running players in the past. The kid is old enough to tell Daddy he wants to stay at AU if that is what he wanted. This silly move hurts AU and doesn't help Powell at all.

I hope at some point in the future Justin grows a set and starts making his own decisions. That time comes for all of us and his time is already past due.

On a side note I'm surprised that guys like the Powells & Pinson are choosing SEC schools not knowing if they will have to sit next year. Even if the NCAA 1 time transfer & play goes through as expected there's no guarantee the SEC will follow suit & change it's interconference transfers have to sit a year rule. In fact people like Saban are strongly opposing it.

• Like 1

And I'm not buying it's all on his dad either. I have an 8 year old good god son that has enough intelligence that wouldn't let go of something he has for a promise of something he might get.

• Like 1

image.gif.f94d7642c887052d1fa9b5b37ee81b27.gifwell...alrighty then. 

I think everybody should just accept there is vital stuff to this situation that we don't know about. It's not going to make sense unless people know the whole story

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Having Justin Powell transfer away from Auburn is a net negative for us (as most of you have acknowledged), having him transfer to TN to play for Barnes is a net negative for him. I live in KY and scuttlebutt among the Big Blue faithful is that the kid's dream all along was to play for UK. Calipari did not recruit him from high school and apparently doesn't want him now. Hope things work out for him. Loved watching him play for us.

• Like 1

This kid will regret this mistake for a long time. Still don’t understand why talent continues to flock to Rick Barnes when he’s proven that he will under-develop & under-perform with that talent every year.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

This kid will regret this mistake for a long time. Still don’t understand why talent continues to flock to Rick Barnes when he’s proven that he will under-develop & under-perform with that talent every year.

I mean, we’ve been asking the same thing about Gus for years too. 

1 hour ago, AUSage said:

Having Justin Powell transfer away from Auburn is a net negative for us (as most of you have acknowledged),

It depends on who replaces him & how they perform. He was good in the noncon games we played but as Cole has pointed out numerous times he wasn't good in the few SEC games we played.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

Still don’t understand why talent continues to flock to Rick Barnes

@CameronCrazy Supposedly in this case it was because he didn't have other choices. He apparently didn't get the offers from UK, Louisville, & Xavier his family expected.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@tgrogan21 Word is Cal got his dad interested in UK & thinking they would offer. But when daddy pulled Justin from AU the UK offer never came. Word is Justin didn't have much of a say in any of that.

It’s in incredibly poor taste for me to laugh at this...but it’s exactly what I expected lol. Hope his son succeed but that dad can eat a brick 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It honestly pisses me off how stupid this guy’s dad seems to be. “Let me take my son off a future top 10 team and trust the slimiest coach in the sport that he’ll put him in a better position” 

Id trust Satan before Cal