The Justin Powell Saga (Merged)

tgrogan21

I will say the family is upset because everybody was looking out for the guy......well good bye. That's IF it's true. But so much time went by I don't think anybody will ever know the actual truth.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

If my freshman kid had that serious of an injury, I’d want him closer. Maybe there’s more to it, but that much I understand.

We all understand it but pretty sure you would communicate effectively with the original school before having him transfer.

• Like 2

JMO, but FAR too many transfers. For YEARS, someone has been actively shopping/marketing this young man around like a hired gun in a desperate attempt to get attention from UK/UL. Therefore, I believe he was gone anyway. Injury or not. They gamed the system and got what they wanted in the end. Auburn stuck with, and dealt with this kid in the right way, from beginning to end. If it goes unappreciated. So be it. Good bye and good luck. But don't be surprised if he transfers somewhere else when the next 5* phenom starts ahead of him. And by the way, I'm not buying the fractured skull occurring during a game. From the TAM video, the impact of his head to Stretch's chin probably was a concussion. But skull fracture? And no ill effects to Stretch? Not buying it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

If my freshman kid had that serious of an injury, I’d want him closer. Maybe there’s more to it, but that much I understand.

TT, nobody is doubting that part and all will agree with you 100%...Its evident that much more went on,now. Exactly "what" is the question. A caller on " The Drive" with Bill Cameron called in on Monday and said that everybody was being much too compassionate toward this kid. He didn't elaborate, but he was not a caller that I recognized and I listen almost every day. Then I see a couple of posts on 24/7 about a fight. I read on Rupps Rafters over 2 weeks ago about Powell transferring. I did not pay attention to it as I had not heard or read a thing on any AU site about it, other than ONE POST on 24/7 a while ago that said Powells career at AU was over. Again, I didn't take it seriously. Now, its all adding up to be more than just a "I love my baby" type thing. Powell will have played at 5 different schools in the last 6 years, and I didn't know that either. If you sniff the air and catch a whiff of a skunk, ain't much doubt that a skunk is close by and it will look like John Calipari

Edited by chizhead
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

37 minutes ago, chizhead said:

TT, nobody is doubting that part and all will agree with you 100%...Its evident that much more went on,now. Exactly "what" is the question. A caller on " The Drive" with Bill Cameron called in on Monday and said that everybody was being much too compassionate toward this kid. He didn't elaborate, but he was not a caller that I recognized and I listen almost every day. Then I see a couple of posts on 24/7 about a fight. I read on Rupps Rafters over 2 weeks ago about Powell transferring. I did not pay attention to it as I had not heard or read a thing on any AU site about it, other than ONE POST on 24/7 a while ago that said Powells career at AU was over. Again, I didn't take it seriously. Now, its all adding up to be more than just a "I love my baby" type thing. Powell will have played at 5 different schools in the last 6 years, and I didn't know that either. If you sniff the air and catch a whiff of a skunk, ain't much doubt that a skunk is close by and it will look like John Calipari

If negative facts actually come out, that may change my view. I’m not privy to those at the moment and what you listed isn’t very persuasive.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

At least it gave us all something to talk about since Auburn couldn't be in the postseason. :D

And for good measure, UK lost to the MSU team we just beat without Powell or Cooper.  For good measure number 2, Duke likely not dancing either because they had to cancel their tourney game due to a covid case. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

Interesting post on 24/7. Poster says he heard the staff didn't have a problem with him leaving

So many stories & contradictions on this thing it's hard to know what's real.

46 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

When the dust settles, I'm afraid everyone gonna find out @chizhead isn't too far off base. Just wait and see.

I don't know if what he's reading on 247 is true but this whole thing definitely does not pass the smell test at this point.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

Interesting post on 24/7. Poster says he heard the staff didn't have a problem with him leaving

If true, that could be because of problems not yet public or concerns about his recovery and needing that scholarship.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

And for good measure, UK lost to the MSU team we just beat without Powell or Cooper.  For good measure number 2, Duke likely not dancing either because they had to cancel their tourney game due to a covid case. 

Warms my heart.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

So many stories & contradictions on this thing it's hard to know what's real.

See, thats the biggest problem. On this forum, I know that you and WDE are "money" and what you guys write will be pretty close to being on point. Ya'll have proven that what you say can be trusted. Golf,BB and RIR are pretty spot on,also. On 24/7, I just don't know them well enough. Dude that calls himself "LocalTiger" seems to be respected. The guys like King,Neibur,Murphy, etc are obvious but they are so careful and guarded with what they say, I usually find out on AUF before they write about it. I just want to know the truth. Did his daddy sell to the highest bidder? Was there tampering? If this is based solely on a medical issue then I wish them well and hope he gets on his feet. If there were nefarious dealings that went on, then **** you! I just can't shake King and Murphy's attitude of,"its best for both parties" and "5 schools in 6 years" comments. There is Hooks45's LACK of a comment that is puzzling,also. How did UK fans know about the transfer before anyone at AU? You can explain it away by reaching and grasping, but those UK fans were fans just like us,average fans with few or no connections. A free forum called "Rupps Rafters"....I read the comments myself

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chizhead said:

How did UK fans know about the transfer before anyone at AU? You can explain it away by reaching and grasping, but those UK fans were fans just like us,average fans with few or no connections. A free forum called "Rupps Rafters"....I read the comments myself

If he ends up at Kentucky this is going to feel like the TJ Yeldon flip where Bama fans new it was coming 2 months before it happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

When the dust settles, I'm afraid everyone gonna find out @chizhead isn't too far off base. Just wait and see.

Its not me, its what I'm reading from others. I only have suspicions based on circumstantial evidence, adding up what I read and hear. I suspect that Powell will not be missed when we find out the truth

Lol. Why does it matter? When everybody finds out is that going to bring him back? 

When you find out he's not an all American is that going to change anything. This is hilarious. 

What we should start doing is playing against Lee university and and a community college back to back every year and then we can say everybody on our team are awesome

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Why does it matter?

@cole256 it matters because we’re tired of our basketball program being crapped on, whether it be by other teams, the NCAA, or whoever.

When you find out he's not an all American is that going to change anything. This is hilarious. 

You know better than anyone a player doesn’t have to be an all American to be highly effective in the right scheme. You pointed it out yourself that Auburn was the best system fit for him. If he stayed at his 44% shooting from downtown as he was as a freshman that would’ve been a very nice package to go in Auburn’s offense. I’ve seen one AAU coach say that’s near elite level shooting from downtown. As fans it stinks to lose that kind of production until we know it’s replaced by Alexander, Scoot, or a transfer.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@cole256 it matters because we’re tired of our basketball program being crapped on, whether it be by other teams, the NCAA, or whoever.

You know better than anyone a player doesn’t have to be an all American to be highly effective in the right scheme. You pointed it out yourself that Auburn was the best system fit for him. If he stayed at his 44% shooting from downtown as he was as a freshman that would’ve been a very nice package to go in Auburn’s offense. I’ve seen one AAU coach say that’s near elite level shooting from downtown. As fans it stinks to lose that kind of production until we know it’s replaced by Alexander, Scoot, or a transfer.

Ok you're tired of it.....But when you find out, and when you find out whatever you find out won't be the entire story, when you do find some things out then what? And if you find out it's legit or you find out it was bad how does that change what you feel moving forward. 

And I'm truly interested in this convo btw because I really feel I'm missing something. This is a different reaction from anybody else I've ever seen transfer and I'm trying to see why. 

As far as the production I think you see I have doubts and from what stats we show it's more proof to not as good against good teams than is great against everyone. You take away the South Alabama game he's 35%. There's no way he's shooting 44% the entire year judging from the trend. 

And absolutely you don't have to be an all American to be effective nothing about my post you quoted was me saying such. His that alone makes him very valuable. He's not close to being woe is me valuable.

He's not calling all insider valuable. He's like Davion Mitchell leaving. I don't remember it being a big deal

At the time, none of us knew Mitchell  had been tampered with by the HC at Baylor. Being unhappy and hunting a new place? Okay, "goodbye" and who cares. Tampered with? Entirely different situation. Rules matter and right and wrong according to the rules, do matter

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

But when you find out, and when you find out whatever you find out won't be the entire story, when you do find some things out then what? And if you find out it's legit or you find out it was bad how does that change what you feel moving forward. 

It doesn't. I'm still tired of our program being crapped on. Glad you have moved on from this but I'm still annoyed by the compounding crapping on AU Bball. I'm not ready to let go. Until then I can free vent my frustrations.

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And I'm truly interested in this convo btw because I really feel I'm missing something. This is a different reaction from anybody else I've ever seen transfer and I'm trying to see why. 

With Powell specifically most of us wanted to see how his shooting complimented with a great passing PG like Sharife or Scoot should Sharife turn pro. I think most of us were prepared to not see Sharife & Justin playing together should Sharife turn pro but I think most of us were not prepared to not get it due to Justin leaving.

43 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And absolutely you don't have to be an all American to be effective nothing about my post you quoted was me saying such

I understand now you did not intend it to be that way but I promise you that the way it was typed in the wording you used it did come across implied that way.

45 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's like Davion Mitchell leaving. I don't remember it being a big deal

It was a big deal. Baylor tampered & got him to transfer & got Davion to try to talk to Chuma to go with him to Baylor. Chuma told Bruce & that's how Bruce found out Davion was transferring & it was at Baylor's behest.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It doesn't. I'm still tired of our program being crapped on. Glad you have moved on from this but I'm still annoyed by the compounding crapping on AU Bball. I'm not ready to let go. Until then I can free vent my frustrations.

With Powell specifically most of us wanted to see how his shooting complimented with a great passing PG like Sharife or Scoot should Sharife turn pro. I think most of us were prepared to not see Sharife & Justin playing together should Sharife turn pro but I think most of us were not prepared to not get it due to Justin leaving.

I understand now you did not intend it to be that way but I promise you that the way it was typed in the wording you used it did come across implied that way.

It was a big deal. Baylor tampered & got him to transfer & got Davion to try to talk to Chuma to go with him to Baylor. Chuma told Bruce & that's how Bruce found out Davion was transferring & it was at Baylor's behest.

Well I certainly don't want to tell anybody what and what not to post as I'm aggravated daily by people doing it to me. 

I don't even think Powell would've started if everyone had came back........But depth is very important so again yes I would definitely rather have him as opposed to not. But I feel like I've been very detailed in what I think of him and even why I think that. 

I guess you can see my perspective as it's super weird that I'm the only person that seems to not be sold on this guy being so awesome and he didn't even produce against good teams. Usually that's the first thing that's questioned.

And as far as Davion you and I know that but you can read the first reply clearly he didn't know the stuff about davion and I feel there's quite a few who don't. And my other point is when he left on the forum it wasn't treated anywhere close to this. That's why I say it wasn't a big deal. It wasn't treated as a big deal on this forum.

I don't even think Powell would've started if everyone had came back

@cole256 Are you high on Trey Alexander? Not sure I've seen your opinion on him.

And as far as Davion you and I know that but you can read the first reply clearly he didn't know the stuff about davion and I feel there's quite a few who don't. And my other point is when he left on the forum it wasn't treated anywhere close to this. That's why I say it wasn't a big deal. It wasn't treated as a big deal on this forum.

Fair.