Auburn Bowl chances

Win4AU

Was just listening to the Next Round and they were talking about 5-7 teams making bowls.  Apparently APR is the determining factor and Auburn has a higher APR than Vandy which would put Auburn higher on the pecking order.  That being said Vandy may beat Tennessee with Hooker out.  Anyway Bham Bowl has entered the chat.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, woodford said:

We don’t deserve one but good Lord we could use the extra weeks of practice and the chance at momentum 

One of the guys asked if Auburn would even take it.  Why would you not take it?  It may be the only time Auburn fans ever get excited for the Bham Bowl.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

One of the guys asked if Auburn would even take it.  Why would you not take it?  It may be the only time Auburn fans ever get excited for the Bham Bowl.

A better reason would be to let new coach see the players he has for eval. Purposes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It’s rare for 5-7 teams to get a bid, but it does happen if they don’t have enough teams. I’d assume that, if a 5-7 team is offered a bowl this year, Auburn would be one of the first offered. An SEC team riding an emotional high with an Alumni coach would bring in ticket sales, which is all the bowls care about.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

A better reason would be to let new coach see the players he has for eval. Purposes.

I could be wrong, but I think bowl teams are permitted a significant number of extra practice sessions, which would  certainly be useful to the team in this situation.

Of course, the very idea of having to 'compete' with Vandy for a bowl spot is sickening in and of itself. 

I have said since it looked possible that we might get bowl eligible.. that it would be great to get those extra weeks of practice time, Get to savor this team and caddy for 1 more game, and to give the incumbent coach time around the program in live action to evaluate the returning players as well as to get to experience the Auburn Family rocking at the B'ham bowl. This year Noone thought we would sniff Bowl eligibility but here we are on the cusp of it and I for one am excited for this team. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

I could be wrong, but I think bowl teams are permitted a significant number of extra practice sessions, which would  certainly be useful to the team in this situation.

Of course, the very idea of having to 'compete' with Vandy for a bowl spot is sickening in and of itself. 

This certainly not the first time we are barely getting bowl eligible (if it happens).

If given the opportunity they should absolutely go. The pros tremendously outweigh the cons. After the season these players had to endure let them collect some goodies and get a chance to build some momentum for next year 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

That worked really well 2 years ago. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, e808 said:

If given the opportunity they should absolutely go. The pros tremendously outweigh the cons. After the season these players had to endure let them collect some goodies and get a chance to build some momentum for next year 

Alot would opt out unfortunately 

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

To be fair. We would have a different evaluator this time

So you’re saying the new evaluator will be better than the previous?

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

That worked really well 2 years ago. 

So did throwing a pass but doesn’t mean we never do it again. Surely you find problems with Harsin, not necessarily processes that all programs do. Maybe not though!!

At this point who cares if Auburn’s played more Bham bowls than Sugar Bowls and players opt out?  It’s fun and will get some of the younger guys who may be starting next year some reps.  Also it may be Caddy’s send off till he comes back and rescues Auburn from a 10 year 10 million dollar mistake.  This season was screwed from the get go.  This is the best possible outcome.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Alot would opt out unfortunately 

That I am wouldn’t be so certain about. The team has really come together over the last few weeks and some would play solely because of Caddy

Edited by e808

If we get the chance i hope we take it. After this trash ass season we shouldn’t try to act all high and mighty. I’d love to see at least one more game with Caddy as HC

• Like 3

4 hours ago, woodford said:

We don’t deserve one but good Lord we could use the extra weeks of practice and the chance at momentum 

I agree. I just don’t think any team with a losing record should be in a bowl game, but as you stated, 15 extra practices would be a blessing and a jumpstart on the spring for those coming back. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

Used to be 15 practices for bowl teams I believe because if not mistaken, the bowl season begins right around Christmas. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Was just listening to the Next Round and they were talking about 5-7 teams making bowls.  Apparently APR is the determining factor and Auburn has a higher APR than Vandy which would put Auburn higher on the pecking order.  That being said Vandy may beat Tennessee with Hooker out.  Anyway Bham Bowl has entered the chat.

5-7 teams?

We bout to be 6-6 in less than a week.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

26 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

5-7 teams?

We bout to be 6-6 in less than a week.

Yep.  Caddy about to shock the world

• Love 3