New DC - Ron Roberts

TitanTiger

Would love to get an insider’s perspective on how this scenario plays out long term position wise.  

Edited by gctiger

5 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

HAPPY FESTIVUS EVERYONE !

WAR DAMN KELLY !!!

Let the Airing of Grievances begin!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

4th and 25 for Wisconsin. Imagine that, LSU blitzed the QB.!!

I can agree with that choice.

1 hour ago, au701948 said:

I can agree with that choice.

Hope our Defensive Coaches used that as a learning experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

And they played 5 back and didn’t have to turn tail and chase receivers unnecessarily. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 2:37 PM, Hank2020 said:

they put 6 players at the 17 where Wisconsin needed to get to and then rushed 5 forcing a quick throw,.  We do same thing and we beat bama.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

they put 6 players at the 17 where Wisconsin needed to get to and then rushed 5 forcing a quick throw,.  We do same thing and we beat bama.

Amen.

5 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

And Hugh had no idea what was happening 

I’m willing to give Ron Roberts another year. We are currently 45th in total defense. Can he improve in Year 2 or do we still have too many gaps in talent and experience?

We need DT’s and secondary badly. We’ll also only bring back only 1 out of 5 starters in the secondary. LB should be solid - I wouldn’t mind a true MLB to go with Asante. I think our true freshman are a year away. DE and EDGE should be a strength next year. 

If he is going to be replaced - my first call would be Scott Symons, DC at SMU. He worked with Hugh Freeze at Liberty. He had top 15 defenses in his last 2 years at Liberty. He took SMU from 119th in total defense in 2022 to #12 in total defense this year. That’s quite an impressive turnaround! He’s 1st of my list of future DC’s. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

If he is going to be replaced - my first call would be Scott Symons,

That'd be one of my calls too.  He's a really good DC. 

• Like 2

Jay Tate says he’s already got his article written and hot board for replacements but obviously won’t put that out till it’s official.  I was on the fence till he said that.  I don’t understand why you wouldn’t just make Charles Kelly the DC if Ron is given the boot?  He’s got a history of success and has proven the ability to coach and recruit.  

On 1/3/2024 at 2:58 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Unreal . Such bull s*** from our dumbass staff. Along with not covering bowers. It’s going to be extremely hard for me to forgive those 2 games. 

That play still makes me mad- with any pressure at all on Milroe we win the game in my opinion. I have been attending Auburn games all my life and that will go down as the single dumbest play call!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Unreal . Such bull s*** from our dumbass staff. Along with not covering bowers. It’s going to be extremely hard for me to forgive those 2 games. 

image.jpeg

• Haha 1