2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

9 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Ryan William the true negative “Nancy.” I hope he comes to Auburn but it is nowhere near a for sure thing. And if he chooses not to come to Auburn , these same fans will trash him. I am still worried about Texas. We saw Bond make a “business” decision. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Ryan William the true negative “Nancy.” I hope he comes to Auburn but it is nowhere near a for sure thing. And if he chooses not to come to Auburn , these same fans will trash him. I am still worried about Texas. We saw Bond make a “business” decision. 

Wholeheartedly agree. All the people that cover Auburn haven’t been able to get a read on him. He has been keeping things very close to the vest. This is definitely not a done deal he comes to Auburn

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, e808 said:

Wholeheartedly agree. All the people that cover Auburn haven’t been able to get a read on him. He has been keeping things very close to the vest. This is definitely not a done deal he comes to Auburn

I think the QB position will be the biggest difference maker. It has been alluded this has been is biggest issue. I do believe he has a lot of respect for Auburn but I don’t think he trusts our QB.

• Like 3

Seems Hugh is selling them all on being the receivers who grow and evolve with Walker White as their QB not Thorne. They probably know this is Thorne’s last season and after that it’s the WW show along with the Fab4 and maybe RW. None of these receivers have played a down of college ball just like Walker and will require some time to develop. The last freshman receiver I recall coming in killing it in the SEC was Julio Jones, so it will be a learning curve for all of them. As for Thorne having more talent at the receiver position will make him better. More separation from DB’s; speed and most importantly guys who can actually catch the ball. He got the other 4 to commit with the same QB situation…why can’t the same apply for Ryan? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think the QB position will be the biggest difference maker. It has been alluded this has been is biggest issue. I do believe he has a lot of respect for Auburn but I don’t think he trusts our QB.

Wasn’t he interested in Auburn prior to his reclassification? If that’s the case his QB was probably gonna be Walker White anyway, so he is almost looking at the same scenario. Another thing about Ryan vs the other Fab 4 is you can get him involved in other ways, speed sweeps, screens, etc. He can be almost a Percy Harvin type. Even though Thorne has been hot and cold, I don’t think it’s the impediment many may think regarding Williams recruitment…..now the OL that’s a different discussion 😂

10 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Seems Hugh is selling them all on being the receivers who grow and evolve with Walker White as their QB not Thorne. They probably know this is Thorne’s last season and after that it’s the WW show along with the Fab4 and maybe RW. None of these receivers have played a down of college ball just like Walker and will require some time to develop. The last freshman receiver I recall coming in killing it in the SEC was Julio Jones, so it will be a learning curve for all of them. As for Thorne having more talent at the receiver position will make him better. More separation from DB’s; speed and most importantly guys who can actually catch the ball. He got the other 4 to commit with the same QB situation…why can’t the same apply for Ryan? 

The saying is actions speak louder than words and what did the actual proof of concept show or lack there of

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Wasn’t he interested in Auburn prior to his reclassification? If that’s the case his QB was probably gonna be Walker White anyway, so he is almost looking at the same scenario. Another thing about Ryan vs the other Fab 4 is you can get him involved in other ways, speed sweeps, screens, etc. He can be almost a Percy Harvin type. Even though Thorne has been hot and cold, I don’t think it’s the impediment many may think regarding Williams recruitment…..now the OL that’s a different discussion 😂

Well I imagine he will see the field next year and that’s where his mind is. Walker white has a lot of potential but we have no clue how he will pan out. I believe he will have a steep learning curve coming from Arkansas with questionable accuracy. I think when you look at Texas, they have Quinn coming back and a prolific recruit in manning who has already been in their system & now a coach who got them to the college football playoffs. After PT we also have wild cards currently. Just my .02 cents. I also agree about your concerns with the line play , although I think they get way more criticism than they deserve. 

Why can’t it be applied to Ryan? Because he is his own individual and may have his own personal agenda and what he wants to achieve. His priority may not simply be wanting to make his own legacy through a rebuild like the others. If that were the case, with his Dad being a legacy player, I think we would’ve had him by now. I hope we get him but I am not buying that he is ours now that Bama has a new coach. I think Texas can make a great case for him.

• Like 1

I was optimistic after Saban retired but I'm back on the 100% not coming to Auburn. If he was he would have already committed. His very cringe comments don't make me feel any better. He'd be a fool not to go to Texas.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good grief.  The whole board has manic depressive disorder.  Enjoy Satan's retirement. Freeze will fight hard for Williams. Texas has a little something more tangible to sell, but Freeze has been doing just fine selling White and the future.  We are winning our fair share, and it just got a little easier.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, woodford said:

I was optimistic after Saban retired but I'm back on the 100% not coming to Auburn. If he was he would have already committed. His very cringe comments don't make me feel any better. He'd be a fool not to go to Texas.

I'll be very surprised if he signs with Auburn as well.

Actually, I'm to the point where I don't care. 

Too much drama with this kid. 

• Like 4

What drama?  He was smart enough to delay his decision and that allowed him to find out the truth about Saban. Saban was straight up lying to all those kids about retiring.  Smart negotiation isn't the same thing as playing games or drama.  I don't think the new world of college recruiting is sustainable, but don't blame the kids for doing what's right for themselves and their families.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Good grief.  The whole board has manic depressive disorder.  Enjoy Satan's retirement. Freeze will fight hard for Williams. Texas has a little something more tangible to sell, but Freeze has been doing just fine selling White and the future.  We are winning our fair share, and it just got a little easier.

People are literally just dialoguing about a potential recruit. I hate this board sometimes.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DAG said:

People are literally just dialoguing about a potential recruit. I hate this board sometimes.

Can't do that.  Especially when you're apart of the naughty group 

• Haha 2

BTW.....Ryan Williams is a lock.

🔓

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

BTW.....Ryan Williams is a lock.

🔓

Can you handle the criticism if you are wrong 🙊.

It would be a nice addition that is for sure. 

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

Can you handle the criticism if you are wrong 🙊.

It would be a nice addition that is for sure. 

I'm the OG calling 3 5* WRs.  Can't go back on it now.

Plus, if anyone is mean to me I'll just block them

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The kid would be smart and stay in state with chances of winning a Heisman at Auburn under Freeze by his jr year then go pro.   He would benefit by staying in state post pro career.

If RW is on a 3 year plan then Texas makes the most since. If WW is the selling point then that’s year two unless somehow he ends up starting this year.  When Cam Coleman decommitted from Tamu all the signs pointed directly to Auburn. Ryan decommitted from Bama and the people in the know are still not to sure.

Whoever is playing QB might be the deciding factor. If that’s the case might have to seriously consider getting Will Rodgers. Sounds like there is interest .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, e808 said:

Ryan decommitted from Bama and the people in the know are still not to sure.

They are sandbaggin

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, e808 said:

If RW is on a 3 year plan then Texas makes the most since. If WW is the selling point then that’s year two unless somehow he ends up starting this year.  When Cam Coleman decommitted from Tamu all the signs pointed directly to Auburn. Ryan decommitted from Bama and the people in the know are still not to sure.

Whoever is playing QB might be the deciding factor. If that’s the case might have to seriously consider getting Will Rodgers. Sounds like there is interest .

i thought rodgers was going to bammer?

6 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

i thought rodgers was going to bammer?

From what I have been reading that was an assumption because of him being committed to Washington.  Milroe is the starter and they have their qb in waiting.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

From what I have been reading that was an assumption because of him being committed to Washington.  Milroe is the starter and they have their qb in waiting.

Yeah be interesting to see how that will all play out