2024 5* PG Tahaad Pettiford Signs with AU!

AU Is Gold

13 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Is this the video of the war room when Byron Cowart announced?

I believe it was since Trob and boom are there!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I believe it was since Trob and boom are there!!!

Yeah I thought so. And the story was that as soon as he announced, Gus exclaimed, “We just got better!” To which Muschamp replied, “A LOT better!” 

Neither statement proved true lol.

• Haha 1

Just keeps getting better and better every game! We need someone who can make those “stop and pop “ short jumpers big time.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

49 minutes ago, toddc said:

Just keeps getting better and better every game! We need someone who can make those “stop and pop “ short jumpers big time.

Can't wait to get this guy on campus. ELITE offensive player. Gonna be interesting how the PG minutes get split up. Hope we see some sets with 2 of the 3 (Tre, Aden, Tahaad) on the court at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, gravejd said:

Can't wait to get this guy on campus. ELITE offensive player. Gonna be interesting how the PG minutes get split up. Hope we see some sets with 2 of the 3 (Tre, Aden, Tahaad) on the court at the same time. 

If we play 2 of the three at same time. Tre has to be one of the two as he is a true pg first then a shooter.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

4 hours ago, gravejd said:

I would assume Aden will get a lot more time at the 2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

I would assume Aden will get a lot more time at the 2

Problem is Aden playing D against bigger SG's.

43 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Problem is Aden playing D against bigger SG's.

Aden would guard PG’s but play the 2 on offense.

• Like 3

Hopefully we have a high level screener at the center next year - not saying anything about anyone currently here. But you give the two PGs on roster and this kid a stellar big to navigate with, it's going to just tear apart defenses. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

This all assumes Aden even comes back next year!

Why wouldn’t he? Coop averaged nearly 20 and 10 in all sec games and still was just a second round pick. Aden doesn’t have close to those numbers. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why wouldn’t he? Coop averaged nearly 20 and 10 in all sec games and still was just a second round pick. Aden doesn’t have close to those numbers. 

Maybe that's why Bruce goes after undersized guards.  So they stay in college longer and run the offense with stability. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Maybe that's why Bruce goes after undersized guards.  So they stay in college longer and run the offense with stability. 

IMG_6746.gif

IMG_6747.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

IMG_6746.gif

IMG_6747.gif

giphy-2.gif

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2024 at 12:26 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Hopefully we have a high level screener at the center next year - not saying anything about anyone currently here. But you give the two PGs on roster and this kid a stellar big to navigate with, it's going to just tear apart defenses. 

I've been wondering how we plan to replace Broome and Dylan next year.  We are very fortunate to have them both.  Next year's team should be chalk full of great shooting guards, but no real size on the inside.

49 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

I've been wondering how we plan to replace Broome and Dylan next year.  We are very fortunate to have them both.  Next year's team should be chock full of great shooting guards, but no real size on the inside.

Dylan can come back for his Covid year. Broome hasn’t done anything to lead me to believe he will be drafted. He has severe limitations for the NBA. If he leaves it’s just because he wants to start his overseas pro career.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

I've been wondering how we plan to replace Broome and Dylan next year.  We are very fortunate to have them both.  Next year's team should be chock full of great shooting guards, but no real size on the inside.

I think if Broome has any sustained period of success, he’ll at least think about leaving (or doing the draft process again), but I don’t think it should be that hard to find a respectable center in the TP. We may not find one as good as him, but it’s almost certainly going to be more of a outside/perimeter game next year regardless 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If he and Cardwell came back they might have a chance to get a title with the guard play next year .

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, toddc said:

If he and Cardwell came back they might have a chance to get a title with the guard play next year .

Idk what about Williams leaving 

4 minutes ago, Lotto said:

Idk what about Williams leaving 

It’s his fifth year so he’s def done after this season.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

It’s his fifth year so he’s def done after this season.

I’m saying he’s a benefit to have such a strong player at the 4 that him leaving will not help our chances making a title run next year vs this year 

• Thanks 1