2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

6 hours ago, fishepa said:

Sounds like the kid is just shopping around trying to get more money.  

That is exactly what it is. The highest bidder. Hopefully it is us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fishepa said:

You say that like it's a bad thing.  Kid may wind up making millions in the NFL; he may not. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity for financial security.  We may not like it much, but amateur athletics is dead. If people were bidding ridiculous amounts for my services, I'd listen to them.  I hope the NCAA finds a way to get NIL under control, but I don't think so.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, fishepa said:

IMG_4462.gif

21 hours ago, fishepa said:

If it comes down to a bidding war, A&M has the $. We'll have to sell him on some other factors. Also, with two fine WR prospects already committed I question whether we want to break the bank going after this one anyway.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sizzle said:

After that performance yesterday it might be looking like we’re not getting him smh

I don’t know the kid, but I bet the only thing swaying him Is money. Far from over 

11 hours ago, Sizzle said:

After that performance yesterday it might be looking like we’re not getting him smh

He cancelled his visit to us for next week. Going to boulder for the USC game. Don’t blame the kid at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I don’t know the kid, but I bet the only thing swaying him Is money. Far from over 

If the thing swaying him is money, it's over. A&M will pay more than AU.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He cancelled his visit to us for next week. Going to boulder for the USC game. Don’t blame the kid at all.

Traded 1 beat down for another. Colorado ain't going to do much better with USD than we are with UGa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Traded 1 beat down for another. Colorado ain't going to do much better with USD than we are with UGa.

USC defense is still not very good. I think usc wins but Colorado will put up points. USC gave up 28 points to Arizona State’s third string QB in Tempe Saturday night. 

CU might get their butts kicked, but that’s an environment I imagine a lot of recruits want to experience at least once. Will probably be a million celebs and all the bright lights etc.

Even on the field, their bad is a bit more entertaining than our bad lol 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

CU might get their butts kicked, but that’s an environment I imagine a lot of recruits want to experience at least once. Will probably be a million celebs and all the bright lights etc.

Even on the field, their bad is a bit more entertaining than our bad lol 

I admit CU held my interest since DS came onboard.  I'd never given CU a thought in any way, shape or form.  

I'm now intrigued, engaged, and keep tabs on them.  lol

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Cam is lighting up Auburn High School. 4 catches 150+ yards and 2 TD in the first half. 

Deion or Kirby is getting a good one.

51 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Deion or Kirby is getting a good one.

Can't believe you're making me wish he sticks with TAMU if we can't have him lol.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, tomcat said:

……no intact bridge with AU and this kid?

There still a punchers chance.  Jimbo being fired would be a big swing 

43 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Jimbo being fired would be a big swing 

Not necessarily for us. It feels like Cam is actively trying to not entertain Auburn. 

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not necessarily for us. It feels like Cam is actively trying to not entertain Auburn. 

Correct, but him being fired would get things moving. 

I’m telling you guys, this kid is legit. We need to do whatever we can to land him. I’m excited about Perry Coleman, but this kid is a program-changing talent that will make an immediate impact as a freshman. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I’m telling you guys, this kid is legit. We need to do whatever we can to land him. I’m excited about Perry Coleman, but this kid is a program-changing talent that will make an immediate impact as a freshman. 

Assuming all that is true, if a kid, any kid, simply doesn't want to come to AU there isn't a whole lot that our coaches can do about it. It looks like Coleman wants to get away from home to attend college and if that's the case, then that's the case. We can't make Phenix City be farther away from Auburn than it actually is.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...