2023 3* New Mexico State Transfer CB Syrus Dumas Will Not Be A Tiger

ellitor

19 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Wow, this sucks. Kid does not deserve this.

So the problem here is that the Auburn never excepted his commitment. Unfortunately, one of the AU pay websites said he was committed, but the other two major Auburn pay websites said he was not… and they were correct, he was not. 
The fault here is on the AU website jumping the gun and saying that we accepted his commitment when we never did. This type of thing happens all the time, but usually it is behind the scenes.

I wish the kid Good luck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

So the problem here is that the Auburn never excepted his commitment. Unfortunately, one of the AU pay websites said he was committed, but the other two major Auburn pay websites said he was not… and they were correct, he was not. 
The fault here is on the AU website jumping the gun and saying that we accepted his commitment when we never did. This type of thing happens all the time, but usually it is behind the scenes.

I wish the kid Good luck.

He tweeted out his commitment fwiw 

44 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yep I understand that… but Auburn never accepted it. 2 websites were clear that although he committed, Auburn was not ready to accept it yet which is why they did not run the story. 

I could tweet that I have committed to AU but I am sure Hue would want to think about it first considering I am in my mid 40s. I mean- I still have game. Hahah

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep I understand that… but Auburn never accepted it. 2 websites were clear that although he committed, Auburn was not ready to accept it yet which is why they did not run the story. 

I could tweet that I have committed to AU but I am sure Hue would want to think about it first considering I am in my mid 40s. I mean- I still have game. Hahah

Having Cornhole game doesn’t count! 😝 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Having Cornhole game doesn’t count! 😝 

That'll get you kicked off this team real fast.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, AUDevil said:

That'll get you kicked off this team real fast.

I knew there was a punch line in there somewhere.

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Let me guess which one was wrong.... on3?

• Like 1

Man, I hate this happened. Seems like all the good vibes are being destroyed in one form or another. 

• Facepalm 1

47 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Man, I hate this happened. Seems like all the good vibes are being destroyed in one form or another. 

Huh? 

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why the hell did they offer him, if they weren't willing to accept?

Maybe he quit listening after the comma.

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

And AU tweeted out he signed so it was accepted for a while.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And AU tweeted out he signed so it was accepted for a while.

I never saw Auburn’s official “signed with AU” tweet. Can you post it? That would be completely different. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I can’t find any AU site that said AU posted he signed, not even on3 that said he was committed. 

Chat GPT says to reach out to the twitter account owner to find out if it was deleted.

image.thumb.png.f8da76e0eda119da011748b4bdfa7a8f.png

16 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I never saw Auburn’s official “signed with AU” tweet. Can you post it? That would be completely different. 

@gr82b4au I'm sure it's been deleted now but T-Reed tweeted this Sunday night after Dumas committed to AU. Another indication we accepted his commitment, at least for a short time.

Deleted tweet from Dumas today 

IMG_2953.png

Edited by toddc

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

Deleted tweet from Dumas today 

IMG_2953.png

this one is weird. I wonder if someone is still on the fence about leaving or if this is related to someone not being able to qualify. 

18 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

this one is weird. I wonder if someone is still on the fence about leaving or if this is related to someone not being able to qualify. 

Not sure. Being deleted by him is kinda weird for sure.

I don’t know the specifics of our roster but I like Dumas more than a number of kids we’ll have on scholarship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

How the heck does this even happen? Why would you accept a commitment on the basis you expect someone to transfer? Just stay in touch until you know for sure

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

@dilligas We were already at 85 scholly players assuming the long snapper was on scholly, like is almost alwas the case but rarely reported. Not having room now sounds like a player was expected to leave that now is not expected to leave.

If the LS or any other walk-on than Jackson or Levant then yes we’re at 85.  Must be the case because they said they have no spot for Dumas.