AU In Top 4 In Rating Per Commit On All Sites

AU-24

33 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

1DC5DAFD-DF42-4FCA-8ED1-1944AE7DC61A.png

I’m admittedly a hater but the Bama ratings are incredibly inflated too. 

Julian Sayin is the most overrated quarterback I’ve seen in years. Caleb Odom is entirely too high. Sterling Dixon is a tweener our staff had concerns about. Red Morgan is seriously not SEC caliber. I would take our class over theirs.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to AU In Top 4 In Rating Per Commit On All Sites
24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Red Morgan is seriously not SEC caliber.

@Zeek Apparently he had a big camp showing recently & opened a lot of people's eyes.

The good news: This ranking is great!

The bad news: Our two biggest rivals are two of the three ranked above us.

• Like 2

It's so odd to see the Cocks ranked anywhere near the top 10 in recruiting.  I find myself having to constantly do a double take to make sure it's them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

It's so odd to see the Cocks ranked anywhere near the top 10 in recruiting. 

Yup they got Johnson, Rod, Peter, and Richard. Tough to beat. 

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

1DC5DAFD-DF42-4FCA-8ED1-1944AE7DC61A.png

Just so you know, you have five notifications and one unread message on Messenger.  Also, charge your phone. 

Edited by abw0004
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Just so you know, you have five notifications and one unread message on Messenger.  Also, charge your phone. 

I swear I did not hack abw's account for anyone wandering.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I swear I did not hack abw's account for anyone wandering.

You can't hack me.  I am an enigma.

14 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Is that a new kind of phone?

No. It’s a HC who doesn’t get paid 15.575M - 21.45M to leave AU.

• Haha 1

Just now, Viper said:

No. It’s a HC who doesn’t get paid 15.575M - 21.45M to leave AU.

Hopefully the present one is not one then. If there are no ncaa violations that can be parked on their doorsteps, all power 5 coaches are either paid to leave or retired due to age or health.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

If there are no ncaa violations that can be parked on their doorsteps, all power 5 coaches are either paid to leave or retired due to age or health.

Some exceptions. One would be leaving one program for another on their own accord i.e. Lincoln Riley, Brian Kelly, Jimbo Fisher.

Retire from a program? We’re talking unicorns. Did Bob Stoops get paid annually after retiring from OU? Doubtful. Maybe a one-time payment that was built in to his contract. Bill Snyder at Kansas St? Likely the same.

Edited by Viper

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Some exceptions. One would be leaving one program for another on their own accord i.e. Lincoln Riley, Brian Kelly, Jimbo Fisher.

Retire from a program? We’re talking unicorns. Did Bob Stoops get paid annually after retiring from OU? Doubtful. Maybe a one-time payment that was built in to his contract. Bill Snyder at Kansas St? Likely the same.

Agree completely. What I would add is when they leave one program for another, the money flows the other way. Agree with everything you have said, just don’t believe AU stands out above anyone else about paying coaches to leave. All that (other than money lost) is really neither here nor there at this point. We have a coach that seems to have things going well (definitely a better place to be than where we have been in the last recent time frame). Good to converse Mr. Viper.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

just don’t believe AU stands out above anyone else about paying coaches to leave.

You’re right. They don’t. They pay HCs to leave just like other programs. AU just seems to do it more, on average, than the majority.

The last HC that retired at AU was Jordan. Back then was more commonplace. Now they’re unicorns.

Even tho Freeze wasn’t my first choice, I sincerely hope he turns into that unicorn and is allowed to retire at AU in 20 years. That would mean he was incredibly successful. The boosters wanted him and thus, are ponying up the dough for recruits. Whatever it takes to make AU a Top 5-10 program once again, I’m all in.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Viper said:

You’re right. They don’t. They pay HCs to leave just like other programs. AU just seems to do it more, on average, than the majority.

The last HC that retired at AU was Jordan. Back then was more commonplace. Now they’re unicorns.

Even tho Freeze wasn’t my first choice, I sincerely hope he turns into that unicorn and is allowed to retire at AU in 20 years. That would mean he was incredibly successful. The boosters wanted him and thus, are ponying up the dough for recruits. Whatever it takes to make AU a Top 5-10 program once again, I’m all in.

Yep. And we ain't even played A GAME yet. I'd say that's pretty dang good. Top 4 and you're going places. It's just a matter of time. Welcome to the NEW STANDARD OF AU RECRUITING!