2025 Men's Recruiting Thread

toddc

4 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

I’m surprised we’re looking at a transfer Guard. Do we expect another G to leave?

Not being funny or rude, but how can you possibly be surprised we are looking at a transfer PG?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

I’m surprised we’re looking at a transfer Guard. Do we expect another G to leave?

It is generally expected one of Aden or Tre will be leaving, yes 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Not being funny or rude, but how can you possibly be surprised we are looking at a transfer PG?

Between Aden, Tre and Pettiford, I thought we could find a PG. 

2 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

Watching the teams in the tourney so far, it’s really obvious how much we need to significantly upgrade at both guard positions.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, aucom96 said:

Watching the teams in the tourney so far, it’s really obvious how much we need to significantly upgrade at both guard positions.

Devon was a very good SG, but we need another SG to compliment him. As to PG, Pettiford might be what we need but we thought Aden was the answer getting a proven PG is the right way to go. We also need a complimentary 4 and a 5 who is capable of being a starter if Broome does not return.

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

This is in very poor taste Not very funny.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

On 3/30/2024 at 7:08 PM, zeroforwinger said:

According to Bruce, the plan is to play Pettiford off the ball.

On 3/31/2024 at 1:47 PM, WFE12 said:

If AU offers, half the experts on this forum will be pissed it wasn't whoever that wanted it to be.

My brother sent me something like,

Bruce Pearl cures Cancer! 

Many AU fans pissed because he's putting so many medical people out of work and can't beat Yale. 

It's why we're fans ....

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2024 at 10:39 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

Devon was a very good SG, but we need another SG to compliment him. As to PG, Pettiford might be what we need but we thought Aden was the answer getting a proven PG is the right way to go. We also need a complimentary 4 and a 5 who is capable of being a starter if Broome does not return.

Pettiford is not going to be playing PG...not at first at least. 

This is just my opinion --

We thought Holloway was the answer because WOW 5 STAR! But he turned out to be a liability on the floor. Could not hit shots, could not make great assists, too tiny to guard. Could he maybe improve with a year of maturity? I'm skeptical.

Is Pettiford ** The Answer** ? I'm trying to be in the "I hope so, show me" category. Maybe he can come in and make some shots as a 2. He certainly has the high school highlights. I wanna hope he will be a contributor.

Since the tandem of Harper and Brown, CBP has not found a guard pair that can scare any team from outside.

CBP has work to do. IMO, and this is just MY OPINION, that means move KD and Holloway out through the portal. Move out bench-sitters like Patterson, Sobera, Muschalek, Clanton and Trapp. Pull in from the portal some guards who have actually played in games and contributed and seem to have potential.

Personally, I wanna keep Tre because he really improved this season and has potential as a solid contributor next season.

Okay, just my opinion.

1 hour ago, GTNupe11 said:

Pettiford is not going to be playing PG...not at first at least. 

Even more important we get a PG in the portal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The amount of high level centers in the TP right now…may have to give Broome and Cardwell a clock or something 

Who's available? I have not seen.

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There are some quality players in the Portal. I see they expect Pegeus a PG to commit to us. 6'1" 185 pounds so not tiny by PG standards that is good. The sooner other Auburn players like Broome decide to go or stay the better so we can get on the players before they commit elsewhere. I saw a few Centers and  PF that I think we could use. I would go after PF now as we will need even if Broome returns.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

There are some quality players in the Portal. I see they expect Pegeus a PG to commit to us. 6'1" 185 pounds so not tiny by PG standards that is good. The sooner other Auburn players like Broome decide to go or stay the better so we can get on the players before they commit elsewhere. I saw a few Centers and  PF that I think we could use. I would go after PF now as we will need even if Broome returns.

Yeah JP definitely seems like the Aden replacement they’re shooting for. Only seen highlights, but he seems like what they’re hoping Aden would become 

At this point, Auburn is closer to a beggar than chooser when it comes to high level PGs. If they think they can get Broome back though, I would totally understand why they’d go for a senior. That should probably be another championship core if they can get a good, not even necessarily great, 4

PG: Tre Donaldson, JP Pegues

SG: Denver Jones, Tahaad Pettiford

SF: CBM, Jakhi Howard

PF: Chaney Johnson, Transfer

😄Johni Broome, Dylan Cardwell

If our 10 looks like this next year, I will be really happy!!!!!

That would require Tre to remove himself from the portal, and 🧹 and Cardwell deciding to stay!   And of course the portal to gift us a couple of solid players.  Not likely all those chips fall in our favor, but it would be AUsome!!!

• Like 1