2025 4* OL Micah DeBose (UGa)

ellitor

Notable offers: AU, UGa, Bama, Penn St, FSU, A&M, Michigan, Vols, Oregon, LSU, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Colorado & Florida
He visited for the Ole Miss game & AU made a big move
Shaping to be an AU, UGa, Bama battle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Georgia OL commit talks Auburn visit

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Four-star offensive lineman Micah DeBose was in Auburn over the weekend.

The current Georgia commit made his way from Prichard, Ala., to the Plains for Auburn's contest against No. 13 Ole Miss. Although the Tigers didn't win the game, he feels like momentum is building for the program in a different way.

"I feel like Coach (Hugh) Freeze is definitely turning this place around," DeBose said. "I feel like Auburn is pushing toward a better place right now. It’s definitely going forward with better recruiting and a better atmosphere."

Micah DeBose visited Auburn for the Ole Miss game. (Rivals.com)

DeBose was one of several top players in the 2025 class on hand for the first night game of the season. Following his visit, DeBose said Auburn is a top eight program in his recruitment, even with his commitment to Georgia.

"If I come here, I can definitely start something new," DeBose said. "I can start a name for myself. I can do that at any school. I feel like Auburn would develop me so I can become a great player."

The 6-foot-5 lineman is out of Vigor High School, the same place that produced first round draft pick and former Auburn Tiger Willie Anderson. It's something that DeBose knows, as well.

"They had Willie Anderson come out, he went to my school," DeBose said. "So yeah, I feel like I can follow in his footsteps."

Part of Auburn's pitch has been the chance for early playing time. It's something that crosses his mind, but he also knows what comes with the territory.

"With starting early as soon as you come, you have to graduate early, you have to sit there early, commit and play into their program," DeBose said. "So I think that’s a big commitment."

DeBose is the No. 12 player in the country and the third best offensive tackle in the nation. He'll likely return to Auburn again this season, for the Tigers' Iron Bowl matchup against Alabama.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After how bad O looked in Ole Miss game the fact that he is still interested speaks well on how hard we are working on recruiting.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

After how bad O looked in Ole Miss game the fact that he is still interested speaks well on how hard we are working on recruiting.

Well to be fair, the offensive line is looking better. Perhaps he is seeing the emphasis on building the line and improving the receiver corps i through recruiting and coaching

• 4 weeks later...

Georgia OL commit returns

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Staff

@CalebJ_Rivals

Georgia offensive line commit Micah DeBose returned to Auburn Saturday.

It was supposed to be a confidence-building non-conference victory for the Tigers. Instead, New Mexico State rolled into Jordan Hare Stadium and handed Auburn one of its most embarrassing losses in program history.

How exactly does that impact the viewpoint of Auburn from a high-caliber recruit like DeBose?

"It goes that they just need better players in general," DeBose said. "Just more recruiting, not just me specifically, more better players, players that can make more of an impact on the field."

This weekend was DeBose's second trip to Auburn this season, and despite the outcome, he feels that the program is trending in the right direction.

"I like what Freeze is doing with the place," DeBose said. "He’s changing it around for the better. This game was just a bust, I don’t know what to say about it. They didn’t come out and play how they should’ve played."

DeBose is currently committed to Georgia, but the Prichard, Ala., native was hardly recruited by Auburn this time last year. Now, he's one of the top guys on Auburn's board and the staff has made it abundantly clear.

"I feel like I’m a big priority," DeBose said. "They definitely make a priority for me to come up here and get me up here and watch the game. I feel like I’m pretty top of their list."

Progress has been made in his recruitment. The Tigers are in a better spot than they were a year ago. However, DeBose wants to see that growth continue.

"I like that they’re rebuilding," DeBose said. "They’re a developing program, I just want to see how Coach Freeze turns this place out. A year, maybe two years, I just want to see how they’ll be."

He'll see how Auburn rebounds this week, as the 6-foot-5 offensive lineman will return for the Iron Bowl.

"I like what Freeze is doing with the place," DeBose said. "He’s changing it around for the better. This game was just a bust, I don’t know what to say about it. They didn’t come out and play how they should’ve played."

He explained it better than 99% of writers or people on this board. 

Glad he’ll be at the IB. He seems like a guy that Auburn will have to flip next year and not anytime soon. JMO, y’all know more than I. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, woodford said:

"I like what Freeze is doing with the place," DeBose said. "He’s changing it around for the better. This game was just a bust, I don’t know what to say about it. They didn’t come out and play how they should’ve played."

He explained it better than 99% of writers or people on this board. 

Glad he’ll be at the IB. He seems like a guy that Auburn will have to flip next year and not anytime soon. JMO, y’all know more than I. 

All the fringe fans need to read these words of wisdom from this teenager.  He nailed it!  I would venture to say the vast majority of our recruits & targets feel the same way.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We have to hit home runs in OL signings. Georgia is seriously stacking them deep. Maybe we can steal some in portal? Who knows but you build your trenches in HS recruiting. Portal can only fill gaps to an extent  

Flipping Micah DeBose would be a great first start. 

11 minutes ago, woodford said:

I’m told by a very close source that Zayden Walker is a silent UGA commit. Auburn should do whatever they can to get him though. 

I saw him play as a freshman at RB and it wasn’t fair lol

Yeah, he seems locked up.

7 minutes ago, woodford said:

We have to hit home runs in OL signings. Georgia is seriously stacking them deep. Maybe we can steal some in portal? Who knows but you build your trenches in HS recruiting. Portal can only fill gaps to an extent  

Yeah, need DeBose to start.

Then Jacob's kid too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Wow. Speak of the devil.

Keep talking about Zayden and Orford

• Like 2

5 hours ago, woodford said:

Your prophetic skills are extraordinary, good sir!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1