2025 4* OL Micah DeBose (UGa)

ellitor

20 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

I don’t doubt CHF when it comes to recruiting. We get these type of players for the OLine and CHF coaches like we all hope…. Taillights!!!

Edited by tbone4jc
  • Love 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 4* OL Micah DeBose (UGa)

On 10/23/2023 at 8:38 PM, ellitor said:

Notable offers: AU, UGa, Bama, Penn St, FSU, A&M, Michigan, Vols, Oregon, LSU, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Colorado & Florida
He visited for the Ole Miss game & AU made a big move
Shaping to be an AU, UGa, Bama battle

I can tell you who I hope wins that one

• 2 months later...

I will never forgive Thornton if we got this guy to decommit from UGA just to watch him commit to another SEC school. 

I think Micah can be a really good Offensive Tackle, but I think he would be an elite Offensive Guard. Just need to get him in Orange & Blue. 

12 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

what's the status on this guy?

LSU seems to have all the monentum. ON3 guys have said AU isnt going all in on him as of now, but that could change before signing day. I took that to mean LSU has made a higher offer than we are currently willing to match, but depending on how some other recruitments go that could change. 

22 hours ago, CR said:

LSU seems to have all the monentum. ON3 guys have said AU isnt going all in on him as of now, but that could change before signing day. I took that to mean LSU has made a higher offer than we are currently willing to match, but depending on how some other recruitments go that could change. 

It's a sad world when college football coaches have to figure out a budget in which they decide how much money each prospect is worth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

It seems like we are still behind on NIL. Bruce Pearl has said it multiple times in interviews without actually saying it. Hugh Freeze doesn’t want to “overspend” on one guy, but maybe it’s because he still doesn’t have the budget that other teams (Ohio St, LSU, etc.) are working with. 

It’s been said on this board that Auburn is funded by at least 4 billionaires. It’s time for them to open up their pocket books and get us better players! The coaches can only do so much in the new NIL world that we’re living in. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

It’s been said on this board that Auburn is funded by at least 4 billionaires. It’s time for them to open up their pocket books and get us better players! The coaches can only do so much in the new NIL world that we’re living in. 

This is a ridiculous statement.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

It seems like we are still behind on NIL. Bruce Pearl has said it multiple times in interviews without actually saying it. Hugh Freeze doesn’t want to “overspend” on one guy, but maybe it’s because he still doesn’t have the budget that other teams (Ohio St, LSU, etc.) are working with. 

I vote to spend someone else's money too!! Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I vote to spend someone else's money too!! Lol

While I don't know them personally, I am familiar with 2 AU billionaires who donate very large sums of $$ to AU.  But they donate to the schools of engineering and business where they earned their degrees.  They apparently feel their $$ are better spent in this manner rather than athletics.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

While I don't know them personally, I am familiar with 2 AU billionaires who donate very large sums of $$ to AU.  But they donate to the schools of engineering and business where they earned their degrees.  They apparently feel their $$ are better spent in this manner rather than athletics.

I agree with them. While my donations to Auburn U. don't compare to a billionaire's gifts, what I do give goes to the academic side, specifically the School of Agriculture.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

As they should IMHO.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

No matter the institution, organization, school or whatever, if they are living off donations, they never have enough. It is how they continue to operate. Can you imagine if your local church tells it members " we have made our budget for the year" and only 9 months into the year, then donations cease for that year and will be reduced for following year.

I don't imagine Ohio State and LSU are telling their fanbase that they have enough NIL money. I am sure they are still begging also.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tinman1 said:

You just need to straighten them out!! Sounds simple.

6 hours ago, tinman1 said:

Good. I probably would do the same for the school of nursing if I was a billionaire. Heck I already do. Minus the “very large” part lol. But really more of my money goes back to the nursing school although I do chip in to athletics. 

Edited by DAG

Schrodinger’s NIL, simultaneously one of the best and worst!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I don't know if I could straighten them out, but I would tell them that athletics at big time schools is the biggest driver of the university.  When athletics do good (mainly football) the school does good.  Donations increase.  Overall student enrollment, particularly out of state, grows by a large margin.  Just looks at bama as example.  When you hear the president of any university say that the hiring of a football coach is the best decision the school has EVER made, it tells you something.  Most academic administrators would never admit such a thing.

Anyway, it is what it is and Auburn will be fine regardless of the billionaires lack of donations to athletics.

Boy, it sure would be nice to click on the Micah Debose Thread & see news on him instead of another raging debate about NIL money.

Sarcasm intended.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Boy, it sure would be nice to click on the Micah Debose Thread & see news on him instead of another raging debate about NIL money.

Sarcasm intended.

What you got for us? Besides that , it seems NIL is a major factor in these things at this point. But even more, a poster on Saturday already said LSU seems to have the momentum. It’s spring, not much is going to be occurring. 

Edited by DAG

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2024 at 4:13 PM, Hank2020 said:

Hell, I have trouble finding 2 nickles to rub together.  I don't think they'll listen to me.😀

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 6:20 PM, tinman1 said:

When athletics do good (mainly football) the school does good.  Donations increase.  Overall student enrollment, particularly out of state, grows by a large margin. 

Then again look at the 95% of school's who's athletics programs run deeply in the red.  We are one of he few NCAA schools that has a football team that actually MAKES money.

Donations to a school should go to mostly to academics (80% to 20%,  or more).   Schools that do not do this will eventually become football factories with outdated educational equipment and low quality teachers. Quality of education will fall.  Lower income from alum,  and future AU billionaires will be fewer.  there goes donations. The only people that will search out Auburn will be football players and football fans.  Not  top students.     YEAH, there will be some players/fans that are also top students,  but most of those that are very  about their education will look elsewhere. 

I want it all! 

Top 10 in every sport and in every major in academics.    I want the best engineers (and all majors) in the world fighting each other to get an education at Auburn.  I want the best athletes in the world fighting each other to play at Auburn. .  I want the best facilities and equipment for athletes and students.  Better housing for all.  Has anyone seen how run down some of our dorms are?   How outdated some of our educational equipment is?   

Yep.  somewhat unrealistic to have it all.  But we can get close,  and that should be our goal.  

Give everybody a little light under the sun. 

• Like 1