Men vs Miss State Game Thread

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

How to beat au: make us play half court offense and rebound aggressively. 

If you have the horses to do it.  And also, works better if you're at home.

Just now, WillMunny said:

Exactly.  As I said a month ago to several downvotes, we are at best a mid-tier SEC team.

I was hoping I was wrong, but our failure to win against Baylor, UAT, and now Moo State is very telling.

I'm looking forward to the NFL playoffs to get off this cliff I'm on.  AU basketball is not going to save me.

4th and 31...

Aren’t you happy to be right 

Exactly.  As I said a month ago to several downvotes, we are at best a mid-tier SEC team.

I was hoping I was wrong, but our failure to win against Baylor, UAT, and now Moo State is very telling.

I'm looking forward to the NFL playoffs to get off this cliff I'm on.  AU basketball is not going to save me.

4th and 31...

Moo State isn't even ranked...

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

That is two close keeps in a row where Aiden was out there and not tre even though Tre was better all game.

Agreed.

Glad i didn't watch it.  Just had that look of slumping.  Need a slump buster 😆 

Moo State isn't even ranked...

We most likely won’t be either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Well this game and last pretty much indicates where we are in the SEC. Middle of the pack team

And program. Sucks

Edited by jluvah
  • Like 2

Outrebounded by 16. Not going to win any games with that. That’s essentially 16 more possessions to score.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Well, Bruce is our Gus of basketball. Got close to the top, but since has come up short of expectations. 

Flame away.

Yes because Gus taking over a program that had won the NC 2 years prior and a historical top 25 program is completely comparable to Bruce taking a dead fish program to a perennial NCAA tournament team...he has his coaching faults but Geezus use a brain cell or two that doesn't involve hyperbole.

• Thanks 1

It’s baffling how bad this team executes in key situations. Just can never do anything right to get over the hump

• Like 1

Was able to catch the last 7ish minutes on my phone, that was depressing and ugly to watch. Not counting this team out of anything but they have a long way to go, especially mentally.

• Like 1

Make sure to leave me your tickets at the door on the way out. Lol

Poor coaching and poor effort. All a direct reflection of Bruce and the preparation from the staff. Absolutely an awful showing 

• Like 2

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Poor coaching and poor effort. All a direct reflection of Bruce and the preparation from the staff. Absolutely an awful showing 

Fire em all 

Another bad loss that should not have been. We are very average and apparently have less than average bball IQ. Can’t wait to hear the spin on this one. At least we won’t have to deal with the pesky pressure of being a top 10 team now lol. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Aren’t you happy to be right 

No, just vindicated.

This team has such a fragile psyche. They don’t take getting hit in the mouth very well. 

Not being hyperbolic, as this is just a general thought over the last few seasons, but you can’t be a mediocre-bad in game coach and a guy who doesn’t recruit to the level needed to execute your “philosophy”. You gotta be one or the other 

Not to say Bruce isn’t recruiting better for Auburn than 99.9% of coaches would, but we don’t have the type of dudes to just play largely freelance offense. In a lineup of Aden-Denver-CBM-Jaylin-Broome, you may have 1.5 guys who can create from themselves. Broome can operate in the paint only, so he’s the .5. Everyone else composed the 1.

How do you run a largely freelance offense with 1.5 guys who can create???

Lack of effort is what’s really p!issed me off about this game. Complete lack of effort. Rebound # show it. 

• Like 4