Men vs Miss State Game Thread

I wish Bruce would have called TO there and ran a play to end the half.  Missed opportunity 

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

This is why people some were hoping to see how Card and Broome would perform together in small spurts. Auburn has to fix their rebounding situation. 

Absolutely nailed it. Moo state is pushing card and Broome to the 3rd row. Absolutely garbage so far. Broome with no points? Against moo?? 

• Like 2

Just now, Grumps said:

Broome seemed like he was too far under the basket at times.

He does that sometimes.

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Sorry ass half of basketball. Act like we don’t even want to be out there. Zero sense of urgency. 

I’d say this is close to if not the worst body language our team has shown in a half this season.

• Like 3

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

Is Hugh coaching ? Did Bruce make the trip ?

Not a popular narrative here I know, but I've never been real impressed by Bruce's in game coaching. Great recruiter yes, in game strategy, not so much. 

• Like 1

We have held a good miss state team to 21 points while getting beat on the boards

Defensive effort is there. Our pg's can't  beat anybody on drives and we often dribble to long out front before starting the offense. Add that to poor shooting and it is tied 21-22. Need a strong second half. On the three's Aiden has missed he is not square and a little off balance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Not a popular narrative here I know, but I've never been real impressed by Bruce's in game coaching. Great recruiter yes, in game strategy, not so much. 

You aren’t alone. I feel like the ones who think he’s beyond criticism aren’t watching the games… 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m not gonna defend Lior but he’s not the reason the first 14 minutes have sucked 

He's not. But we are down 1 when he checks in. Then promptly go down 5 and in the middle of that he allows an extra possession for Miss State and bricks a wide open, in rhythm mid range jump shot. He's hurting our chances to win

According to the stats, Tre and JChain should be shooting freely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

You aren’t alone. I feel like the ones who think he’s beyond criticism aren’t watching the games… 

The use of timeouts it’s what bothers me the most 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We have held a good miss state team to 21 points while getting beat on the boards

Defensive effort is there. Our pg's can't  beat anybody on drives and we often dribble to long out front before starting the offense. Add that to poor shooting and it is tied 21-22. Need a strong second half. On the three's Aiden has missed he is not square and a little off balance.

That’s been our biggest problem against better competition. Although I liked the few times Aden actually tried to get in closer for a pull up instead of staying behind the 3. 

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Good analysis. 

We're a good defensive team. 

Offense- different story. 

Bad shooting, suspect passing, and zero rebounding doesn't exactly spell success. 

9 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I agree. The sheer amount of stupid shots thrown up in the pearl era is crazy. The game today is about jimmys and joes though 

• Like 1

Can anyone explain Bruce's offensive system? I see high ball screens and alot of dribbling

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Is Hugh coaching ? Did Bruce make the trip ?

Hugh doesn’t coach

We are afraid to shoot now. C Moore wide open for a three, and won’t pull the trigger. We are in one helluva mental funk.