We're just not very good

We suck! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stinks for sure.  Guard play still is our Achilles heel, once again. No shooter, no one that can really drive by or dribble thru people.   I know Holloway is young but guess I expected more

• Like 1

you do not climb to eight if you are terrible.

33 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

1-800-273-8255

Didn't help me...but they tried.

• Haha 1

All overreactions aside, we have zero Quad 1 wins in three tries this season, and Pearl was obviously on a freaking mission to win all three.

We just lost two in a row.

He has failed in getting us the most important aspect in the game: perimeter shooters.

We'll have a decent season, then may struggle to keep our most important players from transferring.

• Like 1

Good grief … just like cbp said last week.  We are better than people thought preseason but not as good as people thought about a minute before our game in ttown 

we are somewhere around the 4th best team in the league and about the 20th in the country which is where we’ll be ranked come Monday 

we have the ability to be better than that if we can put it together 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

All overreactions aside, we have zero Quad 1 wins in three tries this season, and Pearl was obviously on a freaking mission to win all three.

He has failed in getting us the most important aspect in the game: perimeter shooters.

We'll have a decent season, then may struggle to keep our most important players from transferring.

Yeah, that is a problem we need to solve.  At the same time, all of our our Quad 1 games have been on the road or at a neutral site.  And they've all been single digit losses.  And we're barely a third of the way through the SEC schedule.  We have four more opportunities before the regular season is out to get some Quad 1 wins, and 2 of those are at Neville.  I think it's way too early to be throwing in the towel on how far we'll go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, that is a problem we need to solve.  At the same time, all of our our Quad 1 games have been on the road or at a neutral site.  And they've all been single digit losses.  And we're barely a third of the way through the SEC schedule.  We have four more opportunities before the regular season is out to get some Quad 1 wins, and 2 of those are at Neville.  I think it's way too early to be throwing in the towel on how far we'll go.

I'm sure you're right, as I tend to overreact after losses.

I'll feel better tomorrow.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I’m confused. I thought Old Piss was a Quad 1 win. warrennolan.com has us with one quad 1 win in the RPI and now they are ranked ahead of us (15 vs. 18) 

I don’t know how good or bad we are. I just know down the stretch you can’t have an opponent miss a free throw and pick up the ball while bouncing off the floor, untouched and lay it in. You are going to have off shooting games. You have to win those with effort and fundamentals. I don’t see much sharpness in these departments. 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I'm sure you're right, as I tend to overreact after losses.

I'll feel better tomorrow.

Me too! And I was already in a bad mood from losing to the bammers Wednesday night.

2 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Stinks for sure.  Guard play still is our Achilles heel, once again. No shooter, no one that can really drive by or dribble thru people.   I know Holloway is young but guess I expected more

The freshman guard from Miss St played circles around Holloway tonite

• Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

The freshman guard from Miss St played circles around Holloway tonite

I saw him play in high school at MRA in Jackson, he's good. But Aden was much more highly touted. Aden started the season well, but has struggled lately.

23 minutes ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

I’m confused. I thought Old Piss was a Quad 1 win. warrennolan.com has us with one quad 1 win in the RPI and now they are ranked ahead of us (15 vs. 18) 

In the NET rankings, Ole Miss is 61. I think they were about the same when we played. That would only be a Quad 1 win if we played them at their place. To be a Quad 1 win at home they have to be ranked 30th or higher. 

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

In the NET rankings, Ole Miss is 61. I think they were about the same when we played. That would only be a Quad 1 win if we played them at their place. To be a Quad 1 win at home they have to be ranked 30th or higher. 

Oh Ok. I did not realize they considered Q1 wins in the NET rankings as well. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

I still think Aden is gonna be special. It’s hard to be a true freshman PG in this league this year. Barely half a season in. Got time to grow. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I still think Aden is gonna be special. It’s hard to be a true freshman PG in this league this year. Barely half a season in. Got time to grow. 

Maybe so,but the cat from Miss St didn't have a hard time 2nite

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AuburnAlumFromThe423 said:

Oh Ok. I did not realize they considered Q1 wins in the NET rankings as well. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Apparently they replaced the RPI with the NET rankings a few years ago. Here’s a good article on it:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/net-rankings-explained-quad-1-ncaa-tournament/kokjb6zynkotpe3hjwoo0d3b

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Maybe so,but the cat from Miss St didn't have a hard time 2nite

An exception doesn’t really change the rule. It’s not easy to be great right out the gate as a PG in this league.  Tre has made great strides as a sophomore compared to last season. I think Aden has a higher ceiling than that. And there’s a lot of season left. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, alexava said:

I don’t know how good or bad we are. I just know down the stretch you can’t have an opponent miss a free throw and pick up the ball while bouncing off the floor, untouched and lay it in. You are going to have off shooting games. You have to win those with effort and fundamentals. I don’t see much sharpness in these departments. 

That and the stolen inbound pass underneath the basket and we miss the shot. I knew then it was over. I’m in Mississippi watching with a bunch of State fans at work. It was zero fun. 
I have tickets to Oxford next Saturday and I can’t imagine sitting among them and losing. We have to win that game. 

• Like 3