About Chad Baker-Mazara: That's on Coach Pearl

4 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Honest question, what makes you think Auburn has the foundation to win a national championship next year? Jaylin and Moore are seniors, Broome will probably go pro, more than likely we lose Cardwell and who knows what will end up happening with CBM. KD is a senior but could come back, but he’s….KD. Hopefully Denver and Chaney come back, but a huge chunk of our offensive and defensive production will be gone next year.

Portal time

• Like 1

CBM will be a huge part of our production next season. I welcome him back. He’ll grow from this a.

Some of you act like he dropped off several guns to be used for nefarious purposes.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

CBM will be a huge part of our production next season. I welcome him back. He’ll grow from this a.

Some of you act like he dropped off several guns to be used for nefarious purposes.

Hes not Mr. acessory to murder Brandon Miller guys, so what's your problem?...

It's not wrong to question a kid who has shown issues all year playing clean who has hopped from 3 schools in 3 years. It's more questionable to overlook his issues because you want his production.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

He’s got some issues to figure out or when rubber meets the road, he will revert back to his old ways.  He almost threw a punch in the Florida game but only got a technical foul.  

My bad. We should get a petition together and have him removed from the team. No way we trust the actual head coach to address it. 
Carry on. My pop psychology certificate ran out last year anyway.

Edited by CCTAU
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Mark me down as needing to see it before I believe it with some of these highly rated incoming freshman. Regardless of what we hear and see in AAU game highlights. I've seen too many Westry's, and Traore's, and Hollaway's and not enough Jabari's.

Lol jabari was kicked out of a game today for fighting.... He's still a good young man. It's basketball. Altercations will happen, especially when it's important to you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Bruce will deal with his players as he believes is best.  Bruce Pearl is Auburn basketball. Any suggestion that we have reached the ceiling is silly. Maybe we reached that ceiling in 2019. We won’t know until the last chapter is written. We won the SEC Tournament this year. Spare me the ungrateful suggestions of how you think things could be. I know how things were for decades and how much of an afterthought Auburn basketball was.  What we have now is sustained success. Enjoy the golden age of AU basketball.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Hes not Mr. acessory to murder Brandon Miller guys, so what's your problem?...

It's not wrong to question a kid who has shown issues all year playing clean who has hopped from 3 schools in 3 years. It's more questionable to overlook his issues because you want his production.

He’s got some growing up to do and he’s had a few chances. Still, for some young men it takes bigger stakes for the light bulb to turn on. Hopefully this is what does it for him.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Pearl lost Davion Mitchell, and lost out on Scoot Henderson.  Then crapped the bed by not recruiting Mark Sears, while our rival got him and thrived.

But he invested years in Wendell Green, allowing him to shoot logo threes and drive roughshod into the lane against multiple trees, ala KD Johnson.  Which probably accounted for much of the "culture problem" that had to be addressed this year.

It's gonna be a long, hot summer...

Not even mentioning him going after Desi Sills, not securing him, and losing Trey Alexander in the process. Trey wasn't a PG persay, but have you seen what he's done for Creighton the last few years?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Bruce will deal with his players as he believes is best.  Bruce Pearl is Auburn basketball. Any suggestion that we have reached the ceiling is silly. Maybe we reached that ceiling in 2019. We won’t know until the last chapter is written. We won the SEC Tournament this year. Spare me the ungrateful suggestions of how you think things could be. I know how things were for decades and how much of an afterthought Auburn basketball was.  What we have now is sustained success. Enjoy the golden age of AU basketball.

Don't discuss a coaching decision. Just bask in BP's glory you ungrateful bastards.

I garauntee you everyone on this board is grateful for what BP has done for Auburn (what isn't as brought up often is what Auburn did for BP when he was down and needed a chance). Very few people are saying we need to move on from him. That doesn't mean we can't discuss his miscues and limitations. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CCTAU said:

My bad. We should get a petition together and have him removed from the team. No way we trust the actual head coach to address it. 
Carry on. My pop psychology certificate ran out last year anyway.

Well either he didn't address it all year or it didn't make an impression, so...🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s got some growing up to do and he’s had a few chances. Still, for some young men it takes bigger stakes for the light bulb to turn on. Hopefully this is what does it for him.

I'd hope that can be the case. I'd believe it more if I didn't believe CBM to be the instigator in a majority of the altercations that he is in. I can't prove that cause I can't see him every minute of the game. But there's a reason he's the center of drama every single game despite who we are playing. It's not just a case of a kid needing to learn to cool his emotions when in a heated situation, he's the one making the situation heated and then taking it too far. That's a mentality, not a reaction.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I'd hope that can be the case. I'd believe it more if I didn't believe CBM to be the instigator in a majority of the altercations that he is in. I can't prove that cause I can't see him every minute of the game. But there's a reason he's the center of drama every single game despite who we are playing. It's not just a case of a kid needing to learn to cool his emotions when in a heated situation, he's the one making the situation heated and then taking it too far. That's a mentality, not a reaction.

Sounds like thats a culture mentality when an individual is the instigator.  Its a distraction for the team and the staff and hurts the mission of the team.

Edited by keesler
  • Like 2

Exactly. I didn't get to see the first half, but when I heard about an "ejection", I immediately thought "CBM".

Like the OP said, BP should have seen this coming with CBM's yearlong behavior, and especially his recent behavior.

I haven't even heard of CBM expressing any remorse or giving any sort of apology.  I guess in his mind he did nothing wrong, and the refs just made a bad call.

• Like 3

Perhaps. I’ve seen young people change. I’ve seen mentalities change. Sometimes too late. Some don’t. Will Pearl force a change? We’ll see. It’s clear what Dylan thinks and he’s a high emotion guy who’s learned how to manage his emotions. CBM will hear from his team. We’ll see what he takes to heart.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Pearl can get enuf players at AU to win a Natty. Esp with NIL and the portal. For some reason he is stubborn as a mule and refuses to upgrade the PG position.  This is the 3rd yr in a row that a blind squirrel could see he needs to upgrade the PG and he just refuses to do it. Our PG's had more turnovers than points yesterday. I feel sorry for Aiden, his confidence is gone. Tre needs to be a safety on the football team .It's mind boggling. Cole can breakdown basketball with the best of them. There is a reason he has been screaming from the mountain tops for BP to get a PG.

Signing two 5* PG in successive seasons isn’t trying to upgrade? 

• Like 3

Alot of people are glossing past how valuable what CBM does for us in his instigator role. If the ref calls it a flagrant 1 like it should have been nobody is piling on the kid. It was a perfect storm that killed us. 

He does what Patrick Beverly, Dillon Brooks, etc those types of guys do and get paid really well to do. There is a place for that on good teams. 

You think we go on our run in 2019 without Malik Dunbar being involved in every dust up? Or being the guy going chest to chest with somebody on the other team when things get physical with a teammate? CBM may have gotten techs but you guys are forgetting how some of those techs have sparked the team to go on runs and be a wakeup call for the team etc.

The basketball gods were against us on Friday, it's just the way March goes sometimes. It sucks but one game is just one game. Yes, March defines the season but we don't come in 2nd during the marathon of the SEC season or the SEC Tournament Championship without CBM being CBM - in all facets. This is going to be a major learning moment for him and he will bounce back after what will be a rough off season for him personally. 

Samir Doughty avenged his foul on the UVA 3 point shooter in the Final Four by turning in a First-Team All SEC season the next year, and was poised to lead us through a deep run if Covid didn't hit. I'm expecting CBM to have the same type of fire lit under him. 

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

I'm a little more sympathetic to CBM after looking at the play that led up to this. The Yale player did almost the exact same thing to him, but it was a hand to the throat instead of an elbow to the chest.  Regardless, CBM has to be too smart to retaliate like he did. I like the passion that CBM plays with, and the very fact that we couldn't beat Yale without him says a lot about his value to the team.  CBM is going to get baited a lot next year, and he's going to have a target on his back with the refs.  It will be a challenge for both CBM and Pearl to deal with it.  I'm rooting for him. The kid is quite a player, but he is going to have to get more mature if he wants to reach his potential. 

From short clip I saw, the Yale player pushed off with his hand to get separation.   CBM was a flagrant attempt to elbow the guy in the chest.   It’s a I’m not going to let you get away with pushing me around and it’s a cheap shot.   

• Like 2

I believe you haven't ever played or maybe you just simply smoke some good stuff if you really trying to convince yourself CBM did anything that hurt this team. 

Ok you don't like players talking, big deal that's your personal preference and you are entitled to it, but gtfoh trying to make it like it hurt the team or culture or whatever. 

Clearly it wasn't enough of it. You need to be tough, you need to not get pushed around. You not out there to make friends. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I believe you haven't ever played or maybe you just simply smoke some good stuff if you really trying to convince yourself CBM did anything that hurt this team. 

Ok you don't like players talking, big deal that's your personal preference and you are entitled to it, but gtfoh trying to make it like it hurt the team or culture or whatever. 

Clearly it wasn't enough of it. You need to be tough, you need to not get pushed around. You not out there to make friends. 

So you think a key starter being ejected less than 4 minutes into a tournament game didn’t hurt the team (not to mention the two free throws made)?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I played, and didn't smoke.  At least not back then.

Playing for a high school county football championship, our starting fullback and middle linebacker got sucker punched and retaliated with a punch, and got throw out of the game in the first quarter.  He was a very important player on both sides of the ball, and we lost, barely.  We all worked hard to get there, and he let us down.  That incident was jokingly mentioned in passing at our 30-year reunion.

Our football coach used to periodically "send in a goon" in practice to try and start a fight with a particular guy, just to see if the guy would fight back.  If he did, the whole team got punished.

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So you think a key starter being ejected less than 4 minutes into a tournament game didn’t hurt the team?

I think it hurt the team but Auburn had no business losing.  Somehow all the teams deficiencies showed up in one game.  In some areas the floor got lower in the game. I believe most who followed the team all year still had those thoughts in the back of their mind but hoped the SEC tournament run would carryover. 

9 minutes ago, e808 said:

I think it hurt the team but Auburn had no business losing.  Somehow all the teams deficiencies showed up in one game.  In some areas the floor got lower in the game. I believe most who followed the team all year still had those thoughts in the back of their mind but hoped the SEC tournament run would carryover. 

I could imagine us blowing teams out and could also imagine us shooting around 25%. With such deficiencies, however, the last thing you need to do is shoot yourself in the foot.

• Like 3

i think the refs kinda effected us. i think at one time we had seven or eight fouls on us and none on yale. i am not making excuses because i believe we should have won as we had the better team. i saw a lot of frustration with our guys and they seemed to talk to the refs more friday than they ever have. i agree with cole that you have to play tough. cbn was sent a message and he felt it had to be returned. i also do not think it was enough to get ejected  i did not say anything yesterday because my emotions were peaking a bit. but after some sleep and i new day i still agree with my older thoughts. but i admit i know little of the game and i get buzzed for the games normally. i love pearl and i bet this got his attention the only thing i disagree with him on is he says the sec is the toughest it has ever been this year but the sec got its butt handed to us on way too many games to be that good. am i right?

• Like 1