Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

But anyway sorry I got off tangent. I hope we get Craig. And I hope they are somewhat cocky, and confident and it pours over on the team. I think we need a different mind set as well. I don't think we're expecting to win anymore...I think we're more so thinking we're going to play hard and that's good enough.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like we've done a really good job of recruiting "character" guys, Duke Williams aside. Maybe we're being a little too conservative?

I don't think we have a choice. We are sitting in a state with a team that has free reign to do whatever they want without consequences while simultaneously pointing a media microscope at everything we do. One of our players sneezes at an inopportune time and it's all over the national news. Gus can't risk bringing in a bunch of players with potential character issues, because anything they do wrong will get multiplied several times over in the national perception, and once again, we'll have an NCAA colonoscopy to deal with.

I agree with that, especially on OL and defense. And yeah, WRs need to have a bit of an attitude, too.

And I don't mean to suggest that any of those kids actually had character problems. I just wonder if, for example, Gus heard that a kid may or may not have shared the last piece of pizza at his 8th birthday party and backed off. I doubt that's it, though.

Also too the character concerns thing has to be done smartly. A guy may have gotten in trouble a couple of times because he don't have anybody positive in his life. Some other guys don't have issues simply because they haven't been caught, or maybe they are from a prestigious family and things get swept under the rug. But I'm sure the coaches know this

But yes loof, your wr, corners, safeties they need to be confident. Think they are the best players walking. Linebackers and linemen super tough and mean. Intimidate everybody, even own team mates and hold them accountable

Eli Jenkins the Jax State QB is a senior. I'm not sure if he has another year of eligibilty left.

Eli is a RS Junior. Link It's funny Au fans on every message board are talking about Eli coming in. He has not given any indication he will transfer to this point.

AU vs UNC. Chiz has made his brother a priority.

He didn't even mention UNC on a free interview on Scout yesterday. My guess is it's an AU Ole Miss battle. Oke gets his last OV FWIW.

Eli Jenkins the Jax State QB is a senior. I'm not sure if he has another year of eligibilty left.

Eli is a RS Junior. Link It's funny Au fans on every message board are talking about Eli coming in. He has not given any indication he will transfer to this point.

There is definitely something going on with this per a certain person yesterday (premium info).

There is definitely something going on with this per a certain person yesterday (premium info).

I'd have to say it's probably pretty limited from what I know. Then again there are some things that friends probably don't even know. I'd say not to give it too much credence. Just thoughts if anything. I'm not giving my words any sort of weight, but in that program, I know that there is very limited media contact that was EVER allowed, heck we were made to call Greg Seitz if anyone even TRIED to talk to us about anything. Though maybe things have changed.

A redshirt junior that has graduated can transfer. In fact, that's mostly who does transfer. Now, exactly what we want with a one-and-done QB is a question I find to be a bit of a puzzle.

We'll have JJ, White, Queen, JF3 and Barrett next August. If we can't get a winner out of that, applicant #6 probably won't be it either.

If Jenkins is the QB we played this year then I'd say he's probably better than anyone we have at this point and time. Our guys have room to get better but their QB was very solid. Of course it was vs our defense and a couple of their WRs worked us so maybe that slants things a bit

A redshirt junior that has graduated can transfer. In fact, that's mostly who does transfer. Now, exactly what we want with a one-and-done QB is a question I find to be a bit of a puzzle.

We'll have JJ, White, Queen, JF3 and Barrett next August. If we can't get a winner out of that, applicant #6 probably won't be it either.

JJ has shown that he can't cut it. Barrett and Queen- for all practical purposes- will be true freshmen. JF3 may or may not be useful at QB, but he has certainly not played a game against an SEC team in their own house, and there's no indication that he would have done so nearly as capably as Jenkins. There's ongoing debate about whether or not he's even got a legit shot at playing QB.

If any kid- one and done or not- is a decent student and person and is capable of winning more games than the guys on the roster, then we should be taking interest.

This reminds me of people saying we shouldn't recruit Russell Wilson- what would 2011 have looked like?- not that this kid is necessarily even interested.

I'd have to say it's probably pretty limited from what I know. Then again there are some things that friends probably don't even know. I'd say not to give it too much credence. Just thoughts if anything. I'm not giving my words any sort of weight, but in that program, I know that there is very limited media contact that was EVER allowed, heck we were made to call Greg Seitz if anyone even TRIED to talk to us about anything. Though maybe things have changed.

The channels this went through were never mentioned but the statement came from a certain ex-coach. It's premium info so I am unable to give any more details.

The channels this went through were never mentioned but the statement came from a certain ex-coach. It's premium info so I am unable to give any more details.

If by ex-coach you mean Jack Crowe, then I'd definitely wager it's not good info. Eli really didn't have many ties with the old coaching staff, this new one being the ONLY one that I remember creating any connection with him. When Coach Crowe was there, Eli was a scout teamer on defense and Coach Crowe never even recognized scout teamers until they made the travel squad. Aside from that, maybe Coach Wright (Everyone liked Coach Jody Wright though), very questionably our old WR coach williams.... Not sure that there would be too many other people outside of Coach Grass, Larry, or others who would have been confided in to that extent...

If by ex-coach you mean Jack Crowe, then I'd definitely wager it's not good info. Eli really didn't have many ties with the old coaching staff, this new one being the ONLY one that I remember creating any connection with him. When Coach Crowe was there, Eli was a scout teamer on defense and Coach Crowe never even recognized scout teamers until they made the travel squad. Aside from that, maybe Coach Wright (Everyone liked Coach Jody Wright though), very questionably our old WR coach williams.... Not sure that there would be too many other people outside of Coach Grass, Larry, or others who would have been confided in to that extent...

Jody Wright....?

He's the guy that was a support staffer at Miss St, then told the uat staff he had damning info on Cam so he could get a job there. I believe he and Megan Mullen were the sources the media used in their witch hunt.

WDE!

Jody Wright....?

He's the guy that was a support staffer at Miss St, then told the uat staff he had damning info on Cam so he could get a job there. I believe he and Megan Mullen were the sources the media used in their witch hunt.

WDE!

Well that would be he. He had done no wrong by Jacksonville so we had him as our TE coach and recruiting coordinator during Coach Clark's year. And he was definitely a well liked coach for us. At the time of the questions about Clark, when there was no one running the team, he was the 1st member of the staff that we got to talk to before the meeting. And that event lasted a whole week.

JJ has shown that he can't cut it. Barrett and Queen- for all practical purposes- will be true freshmen. JF3 may or may not be useful at QB, but he has certainly not played a game against an SEC team in their own house, and there's no indication that he would have done so nearly as capably as Jenkins. There's ongoing debate about whether or not he's even got a legit shot at playing QB.

If any kid- one and done or not- is a decent student and person and is capable of winning more games than the guys on the roster, then we should be taking interest.

This reminds me of people saying we shouldn't recruit Russell Wilson- what would 2011 have looked like?- not that this kid is necessarily even interested.

If our coaches are going after Jenkins, that's a very, very bad sign--2012 part 2 (remember when our coaches were making a late push at Winston?) That said, if Gus really can make a pocket passer work in this offense (I really think White can work in an offense), and/or if JF3 can become Nick Marshall II (see what I did there?), and/or if Queen recovers, we could be in good shape.

If our coaches are going after Jenkins, that's a very, very bad sign--2012 part 2 (remember when our coaches were making a late push at Winston?) That said, if Gus really can make a pocket passer work in this offense (I really think White can work in an offense), and/or if JF3 can become Nick Marshall II (see what I did there?), and/or if Queen recovers, we could be in good shape.

Having an abundance of options to choose from isn't a bad thing. How many QBs does Bama have?

We made a late push at Winston because before that late push we were banned from recruiting him. Some of Trooper's mis-steps, I think. Otherwise we'd have been after Winston throughout.

Having an abundance of options to choose from isn't a bad thing. How many QBs does Bama have?

Yep, the more the better.

Archived