Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

I know what you mean shocks. I appreciate the musical talent of bands like widespread and phish but it's not the type of music I'd buy. I also go through spells of bands/music that I listen to. For example I've really been into Blink 182 and it's off spins such as +44 and Angels and Airwaves. 

Though I'm still just learning of my ignorance,

I can dig it.

One of my favorites (back when) was a band of tremendous musicians and musical talent; they never seemed to "gel" into a band.

Punctuation edit

Edited by AUinTLoosa
  • Like 1

Enjoy over and over and over and...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Enjoy over and over and over and...

Good Stuff, and that drummer is an indefatigable metronome, but

Just hurts me. Always has.

• Like 2

To everything (turn, turn, turn)…

Open Apology to Mr. Crosby – Yeah, “it was gettin’ kind’a long,” and I learned long ago that south Alabama in the summer ain’t the time or place for hair and beard. As to what I “owe…to someone,” hope the donation of my winter fur (which I barely needed this year) makes things even.

There is a season (turn…

Edited by AUinTLoosa
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@AUinTLoosa- are you saying it's now warm enough in Fairhope that you cut off the winter locks and were also able to donate them? 

Nicely done on the seasonally appropriate tunes.

Yes on both.

One season doesn't quite get me to the (10") Locks-of-Love minimum, but Pantene's Lovely Lengths will take 8" and give their wares to the Cancer Society wig-bank for distribution. [ETA - on review, there's something dirty in their somewhere, but I refuse to pull it out]

Guess my musical tastes are as seasonal my my beer tastes.

Edited by AUinTLoosa

23 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

New Gorillaz

Despite them having a couple hits, I feel like they've been undersold as one of the more interesting acts the last 15 years or so. Their first album was pretty groundbreaking, I thought, and I feel like they've stayed interesting at worst. 

Just now, AUinTLoosa said:

Yes on both.

One season doesn't quite get me to the (10") Locks-of-Love minimum, but Pantene's Lovely Lengths will take 8" and give their wares to the Cancer Society wig-bank for distribution.

Guess my musical tastes are as seasonal amy my beer tastes.

Good on ya, my friend. 

Current music mood

current classic rock state-of-mind

• Like 1

17 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Current music mood

current classic rock state-of-mind

Sorry. Sounds like a mood not amenable to lightening by the likes of me.

2 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Sorry. Sounds like a mood not amenable to lightening by the likes of me.

???

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

???

Sorry.

Misunderstood?

Happens sometimes.

1 minute ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Sorry.

Misunderstood?

Happens sometimes.

Indeed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Indeed

Certainly w./ me anyways.

Many Thanks.

3 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Certainly w./ me anyways.

Many Thanks.

It's all good. 

• Like 1

Happy Nat'l Doctors Day

I've chosen to not present Doctor Hook, Doctor Severinson, or "Doctor, Doctor."

• Like 1

Nostalgic Friday........

I've been going back and listening to older CD's I have that I used to listen to a lot. Some of the bands and music I liked when I was younger haven't held up for me and I don't really care for anymore but some of the music I listened to has brought back strong feelings and made me remember why I liked it back then.

I don't understand why this band didn't take off back in 2005. They were underrated in my opinion but for some reason they just didn't catch on with a lot of people. I wish they were still around but they've since broken up. I still have their first album Twelve Year Silence that had their breakout hit that I blasted in my car today:

Dark New Day - Brother

Edited by Auburnfan91
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I have to cop to Widespread Panic teaching me this song, but I do like creepy voodoo Dr. John quite a bit.

Must admit, sheltered childhood. Little exposure to Panic. 

Doctor, however, is in, and Board Certified.

2 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Nostalgic Friday........

I've been going back and listening to older CD's I have that I used to listen to a lot. Some of the bands and music I liked when I was younger haven't held up for me and I don't really care for anymore but some of the music I listened to has brought back strong feelings and made me remember why I liked it back then.

I don't understand why this band didn't take off back in 2005. They were underrated in my opinion but for some reason they just didn't catch on with a lot of people. I wish they were still around but they've since broken up. I still have their first album Twelve Year Silence that had their breakout hit that I blasted in my car today:

Dark New Day - Brother

Speakin' of creepy - that picture seems to plant sort of a bottom-brain itch in me.

Brother can you spare a tech consult? Noticed that you've posted from sources other than youtube (a rather limited selection?). Do you know of a way to upload cuts from your CDs (or, in my case, LPs) for posting?

ETA - Only responsible to add that a positive response runs risk of exposing this site to some old and/or obscure music.

Edited by AUinTLoosa

4 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Speakin' of creepy - that picture seems to plant sort of a bottom-brain itch in me.

Brother can you spare a tech consult? Noticed that you've posted from sources other than youtube (a rather limited selection?). Do you know of a way to upload cuts from your CDs (or, in my case, LPs) for posting?

ETA - Only responsible to add that a positive response runs risk of exposing this site to some old and/or obscure music.

I didn't upload the song to youtube, I just copied the link from youtube and posted the video on here.

There are sites where you can upload your mp3 music and they will host your songs like youtube.. There a site called TinyUpload, you can upload pictures, songs, and videos and it's free.

If you have a CD of whatever band or songs you want to upload, first you have to put your CD into your computer and rip(copy) the songs to your computer which will transfer the songs into mp3 format. I have Windows Media Player which is what I use to rip my CD's to my computer.

After you've ripped the CD's to your computer, you can go to one of those upload/hosting sites like TinyUpload and upload whatever songs you want on there. After an upload is complete on the hosting site, it will give you a link to your song that you can then post on here or e-mail the link to someone so that you can share the music with whoever you want and they'll be able get the music that you've uploaded.

Depending on your internet speed might determine how long it takes to upload a song. It's been a long time since I've tried to upload a song, so I honestly can't give you an estimate on how long it would take for a song to be uploaded on one of the hosting sites. 

As for LP's which is what you've asked about, I'm not sure how much help this will be but here are some sites that may help explain the process of transferring your LP's into CD or mp3 format:

http://transfermymusic.com/vinyl-to-cd-or-mp3/

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/audio/tips-and-solutions/how-record-vinyl-records-computer

Let me know if any of this has helped at all.

Edited by Auburnfan91
  • Like 1