Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

Guest MustardSeed
9 minutes ago, Taco said:

Bobo wasn’t recruiting worth a damn. Nothing about his play calling is worth a damn. 

✌ Out 

And there’s only one guy on that entire list that we are fairly certain would be a step up from either, right? 

Among those candidates is current Florida State offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham, who previously served as Auburn’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in 2019 under then-coach Gus Malzahn. According to a source, Auburn reached out and had discussions with Dillingham about the vacancy Tuesday morning.  from AL.com https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/12/the-latest-on-auburns-offensive-coordinator-search.html  

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I don't necessarily think @MustardSeedwas saying Bobo was wonderful. An old supervisor of mind gave me some sage advice in my early management years... Don't complain about someone if you haven't seen their replacement yet. I think that's where he was with his post, there should have been a very short list ready to work from that you know will take the job. Just my take. 

👍 Yep. We had a replacement supposedly worked out that isn’t running an offense currently any better than Bobos and has never recruited anyone highly rated. On paper…Step sideways at best. And we failed at that one. Now we are on to his backups where Grimes (who should have been ahead of him anyways IMO) is the only name on that list that wouldn’t be a huge risk. That’s not smart business 

8 minutes ago, Taco said:

Bobo wasn’t recruiting worth a damn. Nothing about his play calling is worth a damn. 

✌ Out 

Unpopular opinion here, but I honestly don’t think his playcalling was terrible outside of a couple of noteworthy instances (Penn State fade will forever liver in Auburn lore). Honestly, he called some good games along the way.

I think the problem was the significant lack of talent at WR/OL. Couldn’t open holes to run, couldn’t catch. Gotta recruit your way out of that situation, though, and that wasn’t happening. So I don’t have a problem with moving on from him.

Really hoping the CFB gods smile on us and Grimes heads our way, but I’m also not holding my breath. Playcalling questions aside, it would also be pretty fun to steal Dell from UGA. 

7 minutes ago, Aucater said:

Among those candidates is current Florida State offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham, who previously served as Auburn’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in 2019 under then-coach Gus Malzahn. According to a source, Auburn reached out and had discussions with Dillingham about the vacancy Tuesday morning.  from AL.com https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/12/the-latest-on-auburns-offensive-coordinator-search.html  

I'm hoping this is just a sad attempt at dark humor.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, al.com is saying Dilly Dilly is the favorite.  I threw up a little in my mouth when I read that.  I hope it’s not true.

Edited by dilligas
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Grimes should be the only one on that list that isn’t considered a major fallback plan

Why the hell do ppl think he's going to leave a P5 OC job where he'll get paid as much as we'd pay and be in a much riskier position. 

His next job is a HC. If Aranda left Baylor there might be some reasoning to list his name

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

And there’s only one guy on that entire list that we are fairly certain would be a step up from either, right? 

I’d argue “on paper” doesn’t hold much weight either. Could go back to Bobo’s original hiring. Thought he’d get us in with a bunch of recruits/etc. hasn’t done much outside of a couple, one being his son. 

But anyways. You can take it as you will. Lackluster or not, hopefully Harsin gets who he wants and I can continue to slowly despise him… (half kidding..) 

2 minutes ago, dilligas said:

So, al.com is saying Dilly Dilly is the favorite.  I threw up a little in my mouth when I read that.  I hope it’s not true.

Hard to tell much on him. I know we did not give him much credit the year he was here. Also most gave the offensive system at Memphis to Norvell not him.

Just now, W.E.D said:

Why the hell do ppl think he's going to leave a P5 OC job where he'll get paid as much as we'd pay and be in a much riskier position. 

His next job is a HC. If Aranda left Baylor there might be some reasoning to list his name

At a much more stable location where Baylor is priming to look like major power in the Big 12 after the alignment…

• Like 1

Justin H speculated about Harsin not rushing to get an OC that's not a good fit and that, at least for the bowl, he may call his own plays and have an OC in place before the Feb signing period. Interesting thought IMO.

6 minutes ago, dilligas said:

It’ll be incredible if it also gets added with “Harsin will be calling the plays” 

At some point, this just has to be a bad dream right?

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Never said he would, just that he’s the only name on that list that should actually be there

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, Taco said:

It’ll be incredible if it also gets added with “Harsin will be calling the plays” 

At some point, this just has to be a bad dream right?

It’s officially Malzahn 2.0 at that point right?  Literally the same guy he hired. 

1 minute ago, aucanucktiger said:

Justin H speculated about Harsin not rushing to get an OC that's not a good fit and that, at least for the bowl, he may call his own plays and have an OC in place before the Feb signing period. Interesting thought IMO.

Don’t really need them in place now for the system but would probably help for recruiting.

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

It’s officially Malzahn 2.0 at that point right?  Literally the same guy he hired. 

Yes lol. We might be getting punk’d at that point.

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, Taco said:

Yes lol. We might be getting punk’d at that point.

Well at least Nix would know the offense. And in defense it was one of Malzahns better offense so I guess if we have to hire retreads he’d be the better one 🤷‍♂️

12 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Legit3.gif

Edited by AURealist
Bad Gif

13 minutes ago, Pat Fossum said:

My goodness the weak sauce is flowing on this site. Just because you don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes doesn’t mean bad things are happening. As far as this staff and recruiting goes they are looking at closing with nothing but blue chip recruits. Nothing but 4 stars and maybe Encye Sledge (who should be a 4 star).

What in the world do some of y’all want? Harsin and co. are hell bent on kicking ass. Get on board or get the hell out.

Still on board just a break from all the back and forth. I will co tinue to support and know he has been working hard. Stick with Auburn since I was a young boy a d I'm 6r now. I will continue to support Auburn. Not sure what you're referring to get the hell out? Thanks

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, ToomersRevenge said:

There’s always the vaccine deadline tomorrow if anyone wants to add something else to speculate on.

Read on TOS that the mandate had been suspended. 

edit- Now we can all go back to arguing over whether or not Harsin has done his civic duty yet.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 2