Nick Eason expected to take DL job at Clemson

W.E.D

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Very good read.

Even if you're already past Eason, read this for a glimpse into our head coach's vibe. It's a short piece and worth your time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Very good read.

Even if you're already past Eason, read this for a glimpse into our head coach's vibe. It's a short piece and worth your time. 

A very refreshing read. To think, a coach that actually consulted with the young men he recruited and coached about leaving.

I really like Eason.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I really like Eason.

Absolutely. I can see why Harsin hired him and wanted to keep him around.

Also, if this is the same way Eason tells it privately, then it speaks well of what kind of guy Harsin is to work for and with. Mason, too, although I think we all kind of got that impression already. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

Auburn man looks like to me 

People leaving with good, lasting impressions of Auburn is what Auburn is all about.   It is why we all keep coming back.   A wise man once said, "Auburn people love Auburn."   We are, after all, the undisputed National Champions of former coaches residing at the place that terminated them...  

• Haha 3

• WarTiger changed the title to Nick Eason expected to take DL job at Clemson
35 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

People leaving with good, lasting impressions of Auburn is what Auburn is all about.   It is why we all keep coming back.   A wise man once said, "Auburn people love Auburn."   We are, after all, the undisputed National Champions of former coaches residing at the place that terminated them...  

we may have required that they maintain an address to keep state tax back into the system due to continuing to be paid. lol

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

we may have required that they maintain an address to keep state tax back into the system due to continuing to be paid. lol

We sure paid them enough to be able to keep a local address.

i am sure going to miss coach but i do not believe anyone can rise above his mother wanting him to coach at clemson and passing of cancer. i hope they have plenty of lil debbie cakes for him at clemson.

Recruiting related, but figured I'd put in here since it relates to Eason. Supposedly he is trying to flip Jayson Jones, the DL transfer, to go with him to Clemson. JLee on On3 says there's cause for a little concern, but we'll know more on Sunday, as he's currently visiting.

Edited by au302
  • Thanks 1

I’m hoping Harsin moves quickly with a good replacement.  The warm and fuzzies with Eason are all well and good but this is happening while recruiting is still going on and spring practice is coming up.  The DL should be the strength of the team next year and we need some good strong leadership in place soon.  

39 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I’m hoping Harsin moves quickly with a good replacement.  The warm and fuzzies with Eason are all well and good but this is happening while recruiting is still going on and spring practice is coming up.  The DL should be the strength of the team next year and we need some good strong leadership in place soon.  

Warm and fuzzies with Eason were gone with me the second I heard he was trying to steal Jayson Jones. 

Edited by twilli13
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Are we sure Eason is pursuing JJ and JJ isn't pursuing Easin?

It seems like a natural look by both to me, if Clemson has room. We should expect that.