"Bo sucks or Bo's wonderful" Megathread

Didba

Sorry, I know this is off topic..I haven't been on the forum long, only about 6 months.  But something seems to have changed with the overall vibe on the board. Then, I read posts, where people are unhappy with how things are going on here. Is that the general consensus or is it just me

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Sorry, I know this is off topic..I haven't been on the forum long, only about 6 months.  But something seems to have changed with the overall vibe on the board. Then, I read posts, where people are unhappy with how things are going on here. Is that the general consensus or is it just me

I'll answer in pieces so it doesn't get locked, but partial stuff is some very good posters are gone, another thing I see, and I can't believe it's a thing with grown ass men, is this thing where people seem to only want the info from the same people. Like when new people bring something it's not openly welcomed it seems. Which is utterly stupid as far as football goes because of course with different coaches coming and going, different players, different recruiting classes there are going to be at least a few people pop up out of the blue and disappear the same way. 

And you would need administration over a forum to be objective and not biased. And it seems here now anything over two posts is a back and forth or whatever it's called. This is a forum where people are pushed to either agree or go away.

And the other thing I don't get from grown ass men people will literally complain. Go message a mod and complain about a discussion rather than to simply not participate in that discussion. Like really think about that, a grown man will read something and rather than just not click on that thread or just ignore a particular post, they will literally type out and call for people to not have the discussion or go to a mod and ask them to stop the discussion......and the mod will actually entertain this behavior.

Edited by cole256

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And the other thing I don't get from grown ass men people will literally complain. Go message a mod and complain about a discussion rather than to simply not participate in that discussion. Like really think about that, a grown man will read something and rather than just not click on that thread or just ignore a particular post, they will literally type out and call for people to not have the discussion or go to a mod and ask them to stop the discussion......and the mod will actually entertain this behavior.

This would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Such a weird thing to do. If you can't handle a message board without snitching, how do you survive in real life?

My two cents on @NWALA Tiger's question:

A couple of the best posters left. 

Auburn football is not very exciting at the moment. 

Some of us are extremely unhappy with the current state of this country, although I will leave that discussion to the political forum. Regardless of political beliefs, it's been a rough and divisive several years and it's easy to take frustrations out on a message board. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

This would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Such a weird thing to do. If you can't handle a message board without snitching, how do you survive in real life?

My two cents on @NWALA Tiger's question:

A couple of the best posters left. 

Auburn football is not very exciting at the moment. 

Some of us are extremely unhappy with the current state of this country, although I will leave that discussion to the political forum. Regardless of political beliefs, it's been a rough and divisive several years and it's easy to take frustrations out on a message board. 

Only time I have ever complained about a poster to a mod was because the poster was consistently insulting other poster's intelligence blatantly and egregiously. I basically said his hot takes are fine and all that but when it gets down to personal insults over disagreements of opinions, imo, it is completely unnecessary.  I pretty much just asked that they tell him to cool it on the insults.  never to stop a discussion in its entirety though.

Edited by Didba

30 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And you would need administration over a forum to be objective and not biased.

Doesn't help when the man at the very top has a major issue with this. It bleeds downwards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

From my perspective, it’s been a slow bleed. Good posters have either started posting far less frequently, or left altogether. This has been happening for years, but it’s been more apparent lately, especially with two of the boards most frequent posters leaving more recently. Already been some good insight to this question posted here and in Cole’s thread.

Not that you should care, but I have my own reasons for posting less, some personal, and some having to do with the way this board has been trending over the last couple years. I think @cbois onto something regarding the state of the country. It seems discourse everywhere has suffered from a similar devolution. It gets tiresome sifting through the same predictable grievances, arguments, and petty insults in every thread. 

• Like 3

What changed and this will probably get me kicked out is when money got involved . Then certain “in” people cared more about pushing an agenda versus trying to be objective . It ultimately caused quite the schism , particularly after the debacle last summer.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Many posters are either unhappy or at least worried that the football program is on the skids. That casts something of a pall.

Then you have the normal percent of whiners and gripers that are found everywhere. If they don't like the way this board is managed they have options on the internet and they should go elsewhere.

I don't see much difference in the board as compared to several years ago. Many of the names have changed but the general persona is the same. A few drop off, a few get banned and similar posters come on board to replace them.

"Where have you gone, PChamp? This message board turns its lonely eyes to you".

1. Harsin's hire/tenure has been super divisive since day 1. Just the way it is, and the ups and downs (mostly downs) have caused a lot of childish fighting and lack of civil discourse. Very rare to see "hey, you're right, I like Harsin, but he really didn't do a great job with the game plan for x game" or "I'm not a Harsin fan, but I gotta give him props for x"

2. Lack of insiders. It's not that our "insiders" are unreliable people, just that insiders are not getting info like they used to. AU athletics has seemed to tighten down more and more over the years as the good ole boys get run off slowly and new coaching staffs come in with their own people. This is good for AU athletics, but frustrating for message boards. This also causes the old insiders to get embarrassed/frustrated and push agendas. The pay sites (Phil Marshall) are a prime example.

3. The pay board. I can see how this is causing issues on this site specifically. Personally, while I don't use this site as my pay site (on3), I have zero problem with the pay board. Everyone has the right to join and post where they please. This is a free message board. I'm not going to complain about stuff like that. Just happy to have another place to talk Auburn sports. But, I can see how it's caused less info to get here, and thus, the quality to go down. But again, free message board. Us beggars can't be choosers

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DAG said:

What changed and this will probably get me kicked out is when money got involved . Then certain “in” people cared more about pushing an agenda versus trying to be objective . It ultimately caused quite the schism , particularly after the debacle last summer.

There is a good discussion topic on the donor board about this.... 😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

There is a good discussion topic on the donor board about this.... 😄

Lmao, you are a fool. I am glad you show your face with lower class every once in a while! J/K

Edited by DAG
  • Sad 1

On 6/24/2022 at 9:10 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

Thanks to everyone for all the feedback. I could sense something but couldn't put my finger on it.

I don’t want to repeat what others have said, but expand a little: A lot of posters won’t go on this side of the forum anymore, and will only post on the Eagles Nest.  Some have left entirely, and in part due to some of the posters on this thread alone.  It didn’t use to be this way, and I actually thought it would get better with Malzahn gone.  With how our current 2023 recruiting class is going and our outlook for the season is projected, hopefully it will get better with the next coach.  One can only hope.  

Edit: This is also the down period for the forum naturally anyways so expect it to be slow.  

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 4:52 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

IMO, many people got a bitter taste in their mouth after the Harsin debacle at the end of the season and some posters on here were literally posting and pushing out right lies about CBH.. many people just got tired of it. This is also a down time and I think things will start to crank up again when August rolls around. 

• Like 3

I think the extremely hard angle that some well respected folks have taken in regards to our coach had been really eye opening. It has been a reminder for me personally to not put so much stock in “insiders” because they have emotions just like me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AuMarine said:

IMO, many people got a bitter taste in their mouth after the Harsin debacle at the end of the season and some posters on here were literally posting and pushing out right lies about CBH.. many people just got tired of it. This is also a down time and I think things will start to crank up again when August rolls around. 

That’s the truth of the matter. Most of these posters have moved to eagle nest or now the recruiting thread. When we are successful this fall, they will be back giving him praise , like they weren’t really bashing the hell out of him haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s the truth of the matter. Most of these posters have moved to eagle nest or now the recruiting thread. When we are successful this fall, they will be back giving him praise , like they weren’t really bashing the hell out of him haha

Even Mikey?

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Even Mikey?

I call it like I see it. If he turns things around, actually does something positive and manages to win more than six games I'll admit I had underestimated Harsin and his staff. So far, after 18 months I've seen zero accomplishments either on the field or in recruiting.

• Like 1

Bo Nix stringing together 4 games completing 70% of his passes when it was typically 55%, is just normal development you see year over year.  Has nothing to do with coaching

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 12:38 PM, W.E.D said:

Bo Nix stringing together 4 games completing 70% of his passes when it was typically 55%, is just normal development you see year over year.  Has nothing to do with coaching

I really hope it finally clicked for him during this period last year and he absolutely dominates at Oregon. 

He had his issues, but the way the fan base treated the kid is an absolute joke. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

I really hope it finally clicked for him during this period last year and he absolutely dominates at Oregon. 

He had his issues, but the way the fan base treated the kid is an absolute joke. 

It's absolutely sad and pathetic the way the fanbae grovles at his feet. He's treated no different than any other QB. He's entitled an thinks the fabbase owes something to him when he was a below avg 3 year starting QB.

I honestly hope he's as mediocre at Oregon as he was at Auburn so he understands the fictional mean Auburn fanbase is really just a result of him being a bad QB. 

I'm sure mommy will attack the Duck fans with the same energy and blame everyone but the one whom is responsible 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

It's absolutely sad and pathetic the way the fanbae grovles at his feet. He's treated no different than any other QB. He's entitled an thinks the fabbase owes something to him when he was a below avg 3 year starting QB.

I honestly hope he's as mediocre at Oregon as he was at Auburn so he understands the fictional mean Auburn fanbase is really just a result of him being a bad QB. 

I'm sure mommy will attack the Duck fans with the same energy and blame everyone but the one whom is responsible 

That's one way to say I'm a salty, s***ty, little person. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

That's one way to say I'm a salty, s***ty, little person. 

As someone who supported him, as did the vast majority of this fanbase, yeah when he turns his nose and his family, girlfriend, etc try to blame his mediocrity on the fans....I guess I wouldn't mind him to get a true taste of his medicine and knocked off his entitled perch

• Like 1