ok so tank is gone so are we better or worse?

aubiefifty

Tank was an awesome rb and would have been much better with line play. that being said i always  thought cowboy was a little bit better and faster. so with the rb's coming in and the ones we have left are we better,worse,or the same. cole i would love to know what you think on this. try not to faint..........grins. and i am serious. but what do you guys think?

Collectively I think we will be better, although I think Tank is a special talent. Hunter shined down the stretch and Alston has a unique shake and bake to him. Adding Battie and Cobb provides excellent depth. Oh, and we may actually have a competent o line. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Auburn RB room is exceptional in terms of individual talent. Problem is the OL group, which (at this point) is questionable -- again. I'm really hoping CHF and staff can fix that. With an SEC caliber OL, our RBs could bust azzzzz.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, au701948 said:

Need Cobb and a QB!

i hope Cobb is all that is advertised. i think because of our line we are much better. i wish tank had had a better line as his numbers would probably been eye popping or close to it.

• Like 4

No idea if overall we'll have a stronger RB group than last year....but speaking about Tank specifically, hard to imagine any group of RB's improves because of his absence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Tank was the best back on the team. He would be the best back on this year's team too. He had YAC, the ability to turn nothing into something, could catch, and had a good attitude. He will be a pro. Not sure about the others. But as stated, we may appear to be collectively better this year just because the LOS may improve.

Edited by creed
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

No idea if overall we'll have a stronger RB group than last year....but speaking about Tank specifically, hard to imagine any group of RB's improves because of his absence.

when i say improve i mean tank i feel was held back some from line play? this is why i mention the better part. but i have heard that our kid signing on signing day is a monster and he looks good on tape.

We are worse.  We don't have an RB as talented as Tank, and we don't have two RBs as talented as Tank+Hunter.

Now, we might run the ball better b/c we have more than 0 quality SEC OL blocking for them....but we're still "worse" talent wise in 2023

• Like 4

Talent wise, worse.  Hard to replace a guy like Tank, even though we have some stud RBs still in that room.

Productivity?  I will take a less talented back )no slight to Jarquez) running behind a competent OLine than a Tank running behind whatever we called that OLine we had the past two years.

• Like 3

Individually maybe less talented because Tank was a great talent, and has not been replaced. But as a collective whole the RB room will be better. We can also anticipate better coaching, line play, and general idea of knowing wth to do. 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

• Like 2

You don’t lose a talent like Tank and just replace it easily. That said, these running backs in this offense… If our OL is any better at all, I do think productivity goes up. But I think it will be more to do with having a better scheme and a better OL. I like our running backs, but there’s definitely a talent dip off with Tank gone. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Tank was an awesome rb and would have been much better with line play. that being said i always  thought cowboy was a little bit better and faster. so with the rb's coming in and the ones we have left are we better,worse,or the same. cole i would love to know what you think on this. try not to faint..........grins. and i am serious. but what do you guys think?

You don't lose a player like Tank and be better IMO. AU will be fine but not better. Cobb could come in and be that guy but Tank was a proven talent.  

• Like 1

RB room will be good   We’ll have 4 legit ball carriers!

Tank was a great RB and a great leader!  He will be missed!

The OL should be a good bit better, so there is a good chance that the overall production will be better.  

• Like 2

Not better off, but not worse either. I think we have some talent at RB and they will shine when it's THEIR time! I'm really looking forward to JH getting 15 carries or more and to  see if he gets better as the game goes on like most great RBs. No offense to Tank, but I believe Demari will give us a burst of speed that we have lacked at RB.

• Like 2

It's a shame Tank didn't play for a team that could highlight his talent or ever get the chance to compete at the championship level for him to showcase his abilities and prove he could be an early round draft type RB.  

Edited by JerryAU

20 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

It's a shame Tank didn't play for a team that could highlight his talent or ever get the chance to compete at the championship level for him to showcase his abilities and prove he could be an early round draft type RB.  

It'll be interesting to see how he does at the combine & where he ends up getting drafted.  3rd or 4th round, best case he hopefully could land at a decent team.

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

We are worse.  We don't have an RB as talented as Tank, and we don't have two RBs as talented as Tank+Hunter.

Now, we might run the ball better b/c we have more than 0 quality SEC OL blocking for them....but we're still "worse" talent wise in 2023

Maybe but we did not know how talented Hunter was until probably mid-season. We won’t know where we are truthfully unti about the same time this year.

I think our RB room on the whole is better now, especially when we take o-line into account and Cobb signing today. I think RB productivity goes up as well. It’s sad though b/c Tank could have been the greatest (besides Bo) to ever come through Auburn. I think it may be better for him in the long run though to get drafted to a better team that has a better o-line than being a top-5/10 pick on to a not-so-great team. Look forward to what he’ll do in the league and he will be almost the only bright spot of AU football in the past 4-5 years. 

3 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I don't understand this thread. We'll be ok but would be way WAY better with Tank. 

I believe the gist of the thread is will an improved OL and returning/new RBs be better than poor OL with last years RBs. I think if we move the needle enough on OL we should be improved with new/better systems.

• Like 1

Last year we had Tank, Jarquez and Alston. This year we have replaced Tank with Cobb and Battie. Tank was a proven really good every down SEC back. Cobb has the potential and Battie is experienced and will help in return game but is small. I am sure we will use him and he will be productive but losing Tank our RB room is not quite as good.   Now if the question is will we have a better running game next year I think the answer is yes because I believe we will have a better O-Line. Tank will probably be an NFL drafted RB maybe one of the others will also be but at this time only Tank is projected to be drafted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Last year we had Tank, Jarquez and Alston. This year we have replaced Tank with Cobb and Battie. Tank was a proven really good every down SEC back. Cobb has the potential and Battie is experienced and will help in return game but is small. I am sure we will use him and he will be productive but losing Tank our RB room is not quite as good.   Now if the question is will we have a better running game next year I think the answer is yes because I believe we will have a better O-Line. Tank will probably be an NFL drafted RB maybe one of the others will also be but at this time only Tank is projected to be drafted.

i posted a video or article this morning that has all of cobbs stats in high school and they are eye popping to me. i think he will be better but i admit i am a novice for the most part. they say he might be a better receiver than running back and he has track speed. and what a hundred TD's rushing and 25 more receiving touchdowns or something like that. some compare him to tre and tre was a warrior and played with heart. i know the transition from high school to college is huge but if he takes that next step holy cow! and i think Jarquez is underrated. plus out line can be no worse and i think we got some good folks for the o line.

• Like 1